Builds by Khaios

In what style do you view the Terraria Community Forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adventure map suggestion... Snip...

It's funny that you mention PvP CTG, because I have been working on a map for just that, but I'll talk about that in a little bit. Your idea sounds pretty extravagant, and I like it! I was thinking that my adventure map would have some gem acquiring as the main objective, but I hadn't thought to make a biome themed for each gem. I'm not sure if I'll make the adventure map team based yet or not--I'll think on it. Right now, I'm just muddling ideas while I finish up my current projects (my PvP map and the request made by @Minh ). After these are done, I'll actually start to lay the groundwork for the adv map.

-----------------------

Speaking of Minh's Hell castle: Since I just got back home from my trip, and because I had to catch up on some work, as well as finish another build before a deadline, I haven't gotten all too far. I decided to use Tedit to sculpt the terrain, because lava is difficult, and you can't place blocks inside it, like you can with water. Hell has a fairly low ceiling, so I also wanted to get the most out of it. So far, I've sculpted most of the terrain, and I've started laying the framework of the overall shape of the castle. It is very much in the beginning stages, and everything is subject to change, so keep that in mind. Here's a map screenshot of what I've got so far:
Infernus Map 1.jpg

-----------------------

Lastly, I have a new build finished. While I was working on the Sleepy Pelican Fishing Shack, I stumbled upon Penguin and Baih's Build Competition, which was looking for PvP fort builds, so I decided to give it a go. Since I already had the materials for my fishing shack in hand, I wanted to make the PvP map similarly themed, so I went with a pirate fort. I used Tedit to craft the island, just to save time. It's not quite on the level of my other builds, because it has a lot of empty space, where I would normally have a lot of detail (PvP play space). It also looks sloppy from a distance, but that's exactly what I wanted. I wanted to give it a similar feel to the Lost Boys' Hideout from Peter Pan, in that the fort was thrown together using shipwreck debris, and anything found on the island. It's not as extravagant as my other builds, but as far as PvP maps go, I rather enjoy it. The map is set up for two team CtG, with a few traps and a nurse within. I'll include the screenshot of the build here, but this thread's OP has also been updated to include night and map screenshots, as well as the download link (the build is named "New Providence" after the pirate island). Hope you enjoy it! Stay tuned for more updates on the Hell castle build!

F4iaOab.jpg

In case you were wondering, yes, I chose green and red teams and placed them the way they are because of the green (palm tree) and red x's on the place-able treasure map. I thought it'd be fun if it looked like the map was telling players how to get to the opposing base. And, yes, I type a lot when it's late and I'm tired. Sorry :\ You can just look at the shiny images, if you want.

Last edited:
Just a fun little tidbit today:

I was admiring the custom thread headers built by @Flor3nce2456 when they inspired me to give an attempt at it myself.
It's nowhere near the quality of Flor3nce's, however I'm quite pleased with the outcome.
If you havent seen his work, I suggest taking a peek at his build thread HERE.

You can check out my attempts at this header build style both in my signature and in this thread's OP.

It's funny that you mention PvP CTG, because I have been working on a map for just that, but I'll talk about that in a little bit. Your idea sounds pretty extravagant, and I like it! I was thinking that my adventure map would have some gem acquiring as the main objective, but I hadn't thought to make a biome themed for each gem. I'm not sure if I'll make the adventure map team based yet or not--I'll think on it. Right now, I'm just muddling ideas while I finish up my current projects (my PvP map and the request made by @Minh ). After these are done, I'll actually start to lay the groundwork for the adv map.

-----------------------

Speaking of Minh's Hell castle: Since I just got back home from my trip, and because I had to catch up on some work, as well as finish another build before a deadline, I haven't gotten all too far. I decided to use Tedit to sculpt the terrain, because lava is difficult, and you can't place blocks inside it, like you can with water. Hell has a fairly low ceiling, so I also wanted to get the most out of it. So far, I've sculpted most of the terrain, and I've started laying the framework of the overall shape of the castle. It is very much in the beginning stages, and everything is subject to change, so keep that in mind. Here's a map screenshot of what I've got so far:
View attachment 47183

-----------------------

Lastly, I have a new build finished. While I was working on the Sleepy Pelican Fishing Shack, I stumbled upon Penguin's Build Competition, which was looking for PvP fort builds, so I decided to give it a go. Since I already had the materials for my fishing shack in hand, I wanted to make the PvP map similarly themed, so I went with a pirate fort. I used Tedit to craft the island, just to save time. It's not quite on the level of my other builds, because it has a lot of empty space, where I would normally have a lot of detail (PvP play space). It also looks sloppy from a distance, but that's exactly what I wanted. I wanted to give it a similar feel to the Lost Boys' Hideout from Peter Pan, in that the fort was thrown together using shipwreck debris, and anything found on the island. It's not as extravagant as my other builds, but as far as PvP maps go, I rather enjoy it. The map is set up for two team CtG, with a few traps and a nurse within. I'll include the screenshot of the build here, but this thread's OP has also been updated to include night and map screenshots, as well as the download link (the build is named "New Providence" after the pirate island). Hope you enjoy it! Stay tuned for more updates on the Hell castle build!

F4iaOab.jpg

In case you were wondering, yes, I chose green and red teams and placed them the way they are because of the green (palm tree) and red x's on the place-able treasure map. I thought it'd be fun if it looked like the map was telling players how to get to the opposing base. And, yes, I type a lot when it's late and I'm tired. Sorry :\ You can just look at the shiny images, if you want.
That PvP fort build is really great. I don't know how you come up with these things. That docked ship... fantastic.

That PvP fort build is really great. I don't know how you come up with these things. That docked ship... fantastic.

I'm happy you liked the PvP fort ^.^ In a way, it's design is directly influenced by you, since I used mats I was carrying from building your request ;D As for how I come up with ideas for my builds, it takes a lot...time. I usually have a general idea of what I want to do, then I build a little, then stop and think about where it's going. It's hard to explain, but it's partly why my builds take a while to complete. Lots of thinking, trial, error, undo and redos, lol.

Wow! I especially love your trees, and the pirate-themed builds. The ship in your PvP arena is really clever, too.

Thanks! I'm quite fond of building trees, so I'm always happy to hear when people like them. As for the ship, I knew I wanted one, but sideways was going to take up too much room for no reason. Tried to make it detailed still, and I'm pleased with the outcome. Glad you are too!

---------------------------------------

Update on the Hell castle build:
I've decided on a name for it. Infernus.

Didn't have too much time to work on it today, but I did finish up roofing, a few bridges, a lava fountain feature (which I may change around later), and I discovered a fun trick.

As most of you probably know, Hell is a dark place in terraria, and as you'll see below, I'm working with dark materials. In my "Gates of Hell" build, I had living fire painted red placed all over the place to light it up. Even though I am taking elements from that build, I didn't want little red dots covering every inch of this build, so I started messing around with it. I learned that if you paint living flame black, it is almost completely invisible against the natural hell background (at least the hell background that generated with this world)!!! So, I have good lighting coming from near invisible sources. See if you can spot any! Don't mind the corpses, coins, and sharknadoes you will see. That's the pitfall of building in hell: constant mobs.

2015-04-25_00001.jpg 2015-04-25_00002.jpg 2015-04-25_00003.jpg 2015-04-25_00004.jpg

Infernus is almost done! All that's left is for me to work out lighting the interior, to furnish it, then wire the hellevator to two teleporters.
I added one more little house, so that there can be housing for every NPC as well as the player, and I placed doors, walls, "windows" etc.
I may decide to add or subtract a few things here or there, but for the most part I'm happy with how it currently is.
Here's the current map, as well as some random screenshots.

Infernus Map 2.jpg

2015-04-27_00002.jpg 2015-04-27_00003.jpg 2015-04-27_00004.jpg 2015-04-27_00005.jpg 2015-04-27_00006.jpg

Very nice, Infernus is such a great name. Love how you name your projects. Can't wait to see how you furnish it.

Very nice, Infernus is such a great name. Love how you name your projects. Can't wait to see how you furnish it.

Thanks! It shouldn't take too long to finish, though I really wish I was better at furnishing in this game. These rooms are feeling "blah" so far. Maybe I'll come up with something before I post the final product. As for naming the builds, that's a fairly recent idea that I wish I had done with previous builds. I dunno why, but naming something makes me feel more invested in completing it.

----------------------------------------
As I started furnishing the rooms, NPC's decided to move in. The build happens to be in the middle of the map (just dug down from original spawn point), and you know what NPCs + center of the map mean, right? You guessed it! Attack of the Hell Bunnies!
Hell Bunnies 1.jpg Hell Bunnies 2.jpg

But fear not! Hell is putting up the good fight against this evil force.
Hell Bunnies 3.jpg

As I started furnishing the rooms, NPC's decided to move in. The build happens to be in the middle of the map (just dug down from original spawn point), and you know what NPCs + center of the map mean, right? You guessed it! Attack of the Hell Bunnies!
I don't even know that NPCs can move to a hell house :p Or hell bunnies. So the next will be.... hell birds?

I don't even know that NPCs can move to a hell house :p Or hell bunnies. So the next will be.... hell birds?

Haha, I knew that NPC's could move into hell (which is why I asked if you wanted valid housing) but I had never done it, so I had absolutely no idea that bunnies would start spawning. I'll be quite surprised if I start seeing other critters spawn :O

Silly rabbits, underworld is for demons.

Poor bunny deaths everywhere.

You're telling me! When NPC's first started moving in, I started hearing random death sounds happening constantly. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. It's definitely a silly sight seeing bunnies crawl around my hell build, though, lol!

-------------------------------------

Infernus is still not quite done. I'm just not pleased with how the furniture is turning out. I'm guessing another day or two of trying different things out should be enough. I've placed and demolished furniture in the entire castle about 30 times now, and I'm still not happy :\ Lets see what I can come up with today.

Still finishing up some deco touches. Here's a little tidbit to distract you in the meantime:
The overworld ruins containing the portal to Infernus. Daytime in a thumbnail ↓ below. ^.^

Hell Shrine Night.jpg

Hell Shrine Day.jpg

Last edited:
really cool style you've got going in this underworld theme.

Thanks! I always enjoy when people enjoy my work ^.^

-----------------------

Infernus ( request by @Minh ) is finally complete!
I added a small storage/crafting room off of the intended player housing, finished lighting and decorating, slightly altered the overworld ruins (I updated the post above with the new images), and murdered every NPC that happened to spawn, so that this world would be 100% fresh

...Okay, I also killed the guide, when I didn't have to, but c'mon...who doesn't? Screenshots and the link to the download can be found on this thread's OP, so go check it out and let me know what you think! If you do choose to download it, keep in mind that it is hell, so it will be dangerous until NPCs move in. ^.^

Here's the final map, just for shiggles:
Infernus Map Final.jpg

-----------------------

One more thing to cover today:

I have one more request to fulfill, which I will start soon, and post updates here. After that, I will be working on a collaboration project for an adventure map. I'll provide more information on that as it develops. During that time, I will be focusing most of my Terraria time on that project.

You are still welcome to make requests, but please try and limit them to small builds. Don't take it personally if I turn yours down, or if I tell you that it will have to wait a while before I can get to your request. ^.^

Last edited:
Haha, I knew that NPC's could move into hell (which is why I asked if you wanted valid housing) but I had never done it, so I had absolutely no idea that bunnies would start spawning. I'll be quite surprised if I start seeing other critters spawn :O
Well, Goldfish is spawning.... Soup, anyone?
You're really good with castle builds. So what's the theme of your new request?

Last edited:
Well, Goldfish is spawning.... Soup, anyone?
You're really good with castle builds. So what's the theme of your new request?

Thank you!

I take it that means you've downloaded the map and are playing it?
I took screenshots goldfish walking around while it was raining, but forgot to include them in the last post.

My next build will be based off the Goblin King's Labyrinth from...Labyrinth :p hehe

Infernus world looks like a blast!

Thanks, Catz! I'm glad you like it!
Hopefully you'll feel the same about the Labyrinth I'm doing for you :s lol.
I'll get that rolling tomorrow (plan to re-watch Labyrinth for inspiration first) ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom