Other Bulk-Submitting Strange Plants isn't easy.

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
So, this is a very, very stupid topic, and I feel silly for even suggesting it.

Imagine bringing a thousand Strange Plants to the Dye Guy to exchange for new Dyes. You know how when you click on the dialog option to trade it in, he gives you some text?

That text is not consistent between each instant of reactions he has. Some are two sentences. Some are three, and some are four. That means the dialog box stretches randomly depending on which response he gives you. That means the "Strange Plants" dialog option also goes with that box, having its vertical level randomly going up or down.

That means wherever your cursor is, there's no guarantee that the Strange Plants dialog option will remain under your cursor when you submit a new plant to the fellow. So you're basically having to constantly watch the dialog to see where the feature moves so you can move your cursor to it and click.

Like I said - It's a silly suggestion, but is it possible to make all of his text responses a consistent length so his dialog box doesn't keep expanding and shrinking, please? Is that reasonable?

This kills me too, turn in maybe two in a row before the button moves. I dont think its unreasonable for small stuff like this to be touched up, its practically just editing a text file for them.

For the love of everything yes, I feel your pain. Either give the option to hand in several in one click, or keep the box size stable - Imagine if the extractinator moved left and right randomly as you used it...

For the love of everything yes, I feel your pain. Either give the option to hand in several in one click, or keep the box size stable
Sadly, I doubt we'll ever get a way to submit multiple Strange Plants at a time. It would default to being a "Just submit all plants at once and receive a full dump of dyes" thing because how exactly else would it work? Any answer would seem arbitrary, and a single submittal at a time would be the simplest. It would be really nice if we could just hold in the button though, but I don't know how easy it is to reprogram the Terraria NPC dialogs like that.

Imagine if the extractinator moved left and right randomly as you used it...
That's actually very funny imagery. x) I cracked up imagining it.

Back
Top Bottom