Sprites Bullet Improvements, Changes, and Additions

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
In terraria, there are not that many types of *useful* bullets. In fact, I'd say there are about the bare minimum of them.

These are color coded by usefulness. Blue is great, Green is good, Yellow is okay, Red is bad.

Musket_Ball.png
Musket Ball
The most basic type of bullet. Has no special effects, does low damage.

Meteor_Shot.png
Meteor Shot
Can either pierce one enemy or bounce off a solid block, but not both. Does decent damage.

Silver_Bullet.png
Silver Bullet
Was a stupid idea. Doesn't have any special abilities. Does decent damage.

Crystal_Bullet.png
Crystal Bullet
Splits into multiple shards that do about half of the bullet's original damage. Does good damage.

Cursed_Bullet.png
Cursed Bullet
Inflicts Cursed Flames on enemies that it hits. Does good damage.

Ichor_Bullet.png
Ichor Bullet
Inflicts Ichor on enemies that it hits. Does RIDICULOUS damage thanks to the buff it inflicts.

Exploding_Bullet.png
Exploding Bullet
Explodes when it hits an enemy or solid block. Does good damage to groups of enemies, but can damage you.

Golden_Bullet.png
Golden Bullet
Makes enemies drop more money. Does good damage.

High_Velocity_Bullet.png
High Velocity Bullet
Travels faster which increases accuracy. Does good damage.

Nano_Bullet.png
Nano Bullet
Makes it harder to hit your enemies. It does repel them, but that's annoying in my opinion.

Party_Bullet.png
Party Bullet
Fun to look at. Does decent damage.

Chlorophyte_Bullet.png
Chlorophyte Bullet
If you want to succeed as a ranger, you're going to need a :red:load of these. Homes in on enemies. Does great damage.

Venom_Bullet.png
Venom Bullet
Inflicts Venom on enemies it hits. Does good damage.

Luminite_Bullet.png
Luminite Bullet
Pierces infinite enemies, very unsatisfying to use. Does great damage.

While there are quite a few bullets, there are many that are useless, annoying to use, or underpowered. There are also many that are downright overpowered and would be much better to use than any of the other bullets (Ichor Bullets). Lets see if we can change that.

Musket_Ball.png
Musket Ball
Nothing Changes. Stays the same.

Meteor_Shot.png
Meteor Shot
Can bounce off of 2 blocks, but not pierce enemies.

Silver_Bullet.png
Silver Bullet
Inflicts more knockback than the normal bullet. Will be sold only if the world has silver.

Silver_Bullet.png
Tungsten Bullet
Inflicts more knockback than the normal bullet. Will be sold only if the world has tungsten. Does 9 damage.

Golden_Bullet.png
Blood Shot
Enemies that are killed with this bullet are 25% more likely to drop a heart. Crafted with 50 bullets and a vertebrate.

Golden_Bullet 2.png
Unholy Shot
Pierces up to 3 times. Lets out a little spark when it pierces to make it look more satisfying. Crafted with 50 bullets and a worm tooth.

Silver_Bullet 2.png
Hellstone Bullet
Explodes when it hits an enemy. Does 10 damage.

Crystal_Bullet.png
Crystal Bullet

Cursed_Bullet.png
Cursed Bullet

Ichor_Bullet.png
Ichor Bullet
Now does 7 damage instead of 13 because of how the ichor buff makes it basically the best bullet in the game.

Exploding_Bullet.png
Exploding Bullet
Now splits into 2 bullets after a short distance. These bullets then explode.

Golden_Bullet.png
Golden Bullet

High_Velocity_Bullet.png
High Velocity Bullet

Nano_Bullet.png
Nano Bullet
Not sure about this one. Maybe they could still inflict Confused but also have increased knockback.

Party_Bullet.png
Party Bullet

Chlorophyte_Bullet.png
Chlorophyte Bullet
Are cheaper. 1 Chlorophyte bar for 100 bullets instead of only 70.

Venom_Bullet.png
Venom Bullet
Does 2 more base damage because it has no other special abilities.

Luminite_Bullet.png
Luminite Bullet
Now creates a little explosion when it hits an enemy because holy :red: this is the most unsatisfying thing to use

And thats all I have. I feel like this would help to make the ranger class a little bit better, especially in prehardmode, where there are a measly 3 bullets to choose from. I didn't include all the information that I could have because I didn't want to, but I'm sure you can fill in the missing bits.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Pretty reasonable changes, though I'd have the blood bullets just increase the drop rate of hearts on the unit it hits, instead of the little glob things. For one, more chance of getting into the game, and secondly there isn't much need for the blobs. Why add a new drop that is basically a heart? Also would you mind giving a way to obtain the blood bullets?

Pretty reasonable changes, though I'd have the blood bullets just increase the drop rate of hearts on the unit it hits, instead of the little glob things. For one, more chance of getting into the game, and secondly there isn't much need for the blobs. Why add a new drop that is basically a heart? Also would you mind giving a way to obtain the blood bullets?
I like that idea better. And yeah I forgot to include a recipe whoops.

Nano Bullets should have an entirely different effect. Probably it could be done as part of a general Nanite-related tweak.
Instead of making Ichor Bullets weaker, the debuff itself should be nerfed. Alternatively, the Cursed Flames debuff should be stronger so Cursed Bullets are as useful as Ichor Bullets.
Meteor Shot should instead be made easier to obtain once all Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts have been destroyed, and it's current behavior should stay.
Blood Shot and Unholy Shot seem a bit pointless, as they make other pre-HM ammo less useful, and the latter works badly with fast-firing guns.
Hellstone Shot would be too effective if used against the WoF and with a Minishark, since it would easily take out the Hungry, and would also become useless later on because Exploding Bullets would also split in 2.
Exploding Bullets should act like they already do, and the splitting effect could be given to a different ammo type.
Luminite Bullets should have a better effect. For example, they could be also able to ricochet infinitely and ricochet from mob to mob, causing a "chaining" effect.

Last edited:
Hmm I while I could support this I'm not really sure on some of the things. Agreed that Ichor bullets are a bit too strong however the same can be said for everything ichor. So as others have said it might be more appropriate to nerf ichor instead(would fix more problems)

I am also unsure how the silver/tungsten situation would be handled as they are a pot drop but otherwise it seems fine

Back
Top Bottom