~Bulletproof Vest~
Defense-5
50% chance to not take damage from all projectiles

~Obtaining~
Found in The Dungeon (Post Golem)
1.25% chance to drop from Tactical Skeletons and Skeleton Sniper

~Sell Price~
15 Gold

What do you think? Let me know by replying!

Last edited:
I don't know about this. Not many enemies fire bullets and 15 defense is far too much for a single accessory. If it is an armor piece, then it will be far outclassed by other armor sets. Also, .0125% is a 1 in 8000 drop chance. To put that into perspective, the slime staff, I believe the rarest dropping item in Terraria has a 1 in 10000 drop chance.

I do see your point, maybe it should be a 50% chance for all ammo? Then the 1/8000 chance would be worth it.

Thanks for giving me some advice!

Droprate should be way higher and defense should be way lower.

And to make it a bit more relevant, since bullet-using enemies are uncommon, maybe have it be all physical projectiles. So, bullets, arrows, etc. But not magical projectiles.

This seems like it would be better as an armor piece, getting it's current effect as a "set bonus" when used with a SWAT Helmet. If this were to happen, then it could go back up to 15 defense and be dropped only by only the Sniper, adding in another Riot-Team-based armor to be dropped by Commandos.

The SWAT Helmet is a vanity item, though. But that is actually a really good idea. Thanks for the advice!

Which enemies even use guns against the player?
Well, the Tactical Skeletons and Skeleton Snipers use guns, but there are plenty of enemies that shoot projectiles, and that's what the Bulletproof Vest should be for: projectiles. Not just bullets.

This could bode well with Bosses such as Moon Lord and so. But this is an Accessory right?
The Moon Lord's main weapon is his lasers, which are piercing projectiles I think. (His floating eyes are, anyway.) So I don't think they can be evaded.

Unless "50% chance to not take damage from all projectiles" may be expanded such that the damage immunity for piercing projectiles after getting hit is also twice as long. Or just half the damage, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom