Sprites Buoyant Glowsticks: The ultimate tool for fishing at night

Do you support this idea?

• Total voters
This is awesome! It'd be nice if you could buy them from the merchant during blood moons though, to make them a bit easier to get. I agree with introducing red jellies to get more buoyant items.

The point is to provide light while fishing. Lava makes it's own light, so there is no purpose for them.
That and I doubt glowsticks would survive the heat, but the other objects that are supposed to float here floating in lava, that would be pretty interesting...
but it should still float

ah I see, more Magma Stone-ish
[doublepost=1522387979,1522387958][/doublepost]
Might burn
This is a game where you can drink water to heal while drowning, and where if a wood sword has a good modifier it won't burn. I'm not sure glowsticks have to burn in magma, and besides, I was looking at the other floaty things as well when I was talking about the "can this float in magma" question.

My idea is that they should only be obtainable from:
angler
crafted from 1 red jelly and three glowsticks

Some ideas:
I don't like the idea of buoyant explosives since those are more related to gel.
I think the idea of a buoyancy potions since we have water walking potions, instead, how about you can bob up and down on the surface of water too and launch yourself out.
The red jellyfish is associated with bouyancy so I think it should have some AI to reflect that:
The AI:
Red Jellyfish spawn at the surface of water and when a player is in water, dashes down at them, the speed of the dash depends on the distance from the player (farther the player, the more powerful the dash). The red jellyfish will then float back up until it hits the water surface or the bottom of a solid block, then it dashes again. When no players are detected, it will simply float on the surface, its bulb sticking out.

My idea is that they should only be obtainable from:
angler
crafted from 1 red jelly and three glowsticks
Well, this should be 5 glowsticks, and may the red jellyfish can drop the red glowstick (buoyancy), the same goes to the pink and the blue Jellyfish (they only drops 1-3 glowsticks). Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom