Items Butterfly and Faerie Staves

Enjl

Cultist
In this thread by @Snickerbobble, a discussion sparked about in which a cleric class was mentioned, on which the idea would make more sense.

Deeply in love with possibilities we can give the Summoner class, I'm going to propose two more "Weapons", the Summoner can use to expand on the class, while also bringing in a "Cleric" aspect. (this weapon is not restricted to the summoner class, but they'll probably be the ones having time to cast it during a fight)

The Butterfly Staff
The Butterfly Staff is an early-game summoner weapon which can be cast upon a player of your choice (left-mouse click cast targeting player). Once swung, a Butterfly will float around targeted player, healing them for 1 HP per second.

The Butterfly is a turret-type minion and will not add towards the player's maximum minion count. There may not be more than one Butterfly deployed by or on a singular player. If you want a healing butterfly on every player in your group game, everyone will have to use one staff.

The Butterfly Staff can be found in golden chests at the cavern layer of your world (I thought about jungle or living tree, but those'd be too rare or late).

The Faerie Staff
The Faerie Staff is the hardmode counterpart to the Butterfly staff and crafted by combining
20 Pixie Dust, 15 Soul of Might, 10 Soul of Light and 1 Heart Crystal at a mythril/orichalcum anvi.

The Faerie Staff functions similarly to the Butterfly Staff, spawning healing Faeries on targeted players. But there's a little trick to them which gives it multiple uses:

On default, the Faerie heals targeted player by 1% of their maximum HP per second.

Trick is, you can deploy two faeries - even onto the same player (you can have a Butterfly as a third healing unit on a player).

When you deploy a second faerie onto a player who already has a faerie healing them, the healing is reduced to 0.75% max HP per faerie, which means they'll regen 1.5% of their max HP per second.

I might have made this completely imbalanced with my numbers, but you get the idea. So what do you think? A cleric-type asset for summoners!

Last edited:
All together it is about 8 health per second? That seems a bit powerful in combat. But then again with the vampire knives I rarely lose that much health.

Maybe getting damaged has a chance to dispel the effect? I don't know for sure.

My train of thought when reading this thread:
Ooh yay, summon items!
Ooh yay, support items!
Support.
Seriously. If there is one thing this game needs, apart from expanding boring biomes, adding more summoner content and the Cyber, it's support items.
Again, support.

All together it is about 8 health per second? That seems a bit powerful in combat. But then again with the vampire knives I rarely lose that much health.

Maybe getting damaged has a chance to dispel the effect? I don't know for sure.
Alternatively, the effect could last for just a short amount of time, forcing the cleric character to either help dish out damage with his team and sacrifice healing, or heal them and sacrifice additional damage done to a boss/an invasion/an event. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom