• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Caffeinated Mod

Coffee009

Terrarian
Currently 0.2.6.6
Current Changes:
Version 0.2.6.6: Changed the bonded soul to be +4 minions and -50% damage, pallet inventory sprites should now match the placed sprites; also pallets now require 25 rope, redid some descriptions, removed a white dot that appeared on the washer's tile, added radiator, added oven, demolitionist should now sell rockets if you acquire a certain rocket launcher
Thank you for the 7000+ downloads!!!!!!!

VendingMachine.png

Challenges to try:

973ac9b1bf1c60032ce0a257913745a6.png

Challenge2.png

(not required) Recommended mods; Thorium, Worldbits: Yuyu's Worldgen, Critter Craze, Expanded Sentries, Not Enough Flamethrowers

The Caffeinated Mod is currently a background mod that adds in craftable vending machines and lots of other goodies! These machines are designed primarily to help with mining and exploring. Buy (craft) essential items using coins at the machines to save time and headaches!

VendingMachine.png
VendingMachineV2.png
VendingMachineV3.png
Vending Machine, Vending Machine Mk. II, Vending Machine Mk. III
(note that vending machines only accept exact change)

531d1d9c037197764e40dc2a11a52a76.png

Vending Machine contents:
Craft base Vending Machine with 15 iron/lead bars, 50 silver coins, 10 glass blocks and 3 fallen stars at an anvil.
Current inventory:
HealthSoda.png
ManaSoda.png
CanOfRope.png
GlowstickTube.png
WoodBundle.png
JarOfGel.png
CanOWorms.png
HerbPackage.png
BankInvoice.png
VacuumInvoice.png
BugNetInvoice.png
From left to right: Health Soda (80 life healed), Mana Soda(80 mana restored), Rope Canister (100 rope), Glowstick Tube (50 glowsticks), Bundle of Wood (100 wood), Jar of Gel (50 gel), Can of Bait (20 worms), Gardening Kit (1 herb bag, 15 pumpkin seeds, 10 clay pots), Urgent Invoice (piggybank), Vacuum Invoice, Bug Net Invoice

Vending Machine MK. II contents:
Craft Vending Machine MK. II with a vending machine, 15 meteorite bars and 1 fallen star at an anvil.

Current inventory:
BombSatchel.png
Rocket1Satchel.png
GrenadeSatchel.png
MusketBallBox.png
BundleOfArrows.png
From left to right: Bomb Satchel (15 bombs), Rocket Satchel (30 Rockets), Grenade Satchel (32 grenades), Box of Musket Balls (200 balls), Pack of Arrows (200 arrows) + all the previous items

Vending Machine Mk. III contents:
Craft Vending Machine Mk. III with either vending machine, 20 pixie dust and 1 fallen star at an anvil. "Goods for the greater good! 30% discount authorized."
Current inventory:
GreaterHealthSoda.png
GreaterManaSoda.png
From left to right: Greater Health Soda (160 life healed), Greater Mana Soda (160 mana restored)

MysteriousMailbox.png
The Mysterious Mailbox! Craft with 10 iron bars and 1 mana crystal at an Anvil! This item allows you to redeem various 'invoices' to get items in return
SiltPackageInvoice.png
= You can right click letters onto the box like an extractinator to get something in return!
Letters are all crafted by hand:
TinkerShop.png
50x spiky balls + 10 gold coins + 5 books
HalloweenPresentInvoice.png
15x pumpkins
XmasPresentInvoice.png
1x Top Hat
SafeInvoice.png
1x Golden Key + 20 gold coins

StampedLetter.png
Stamped Letter! Combine this with items to redeem some innerdimensional (or other) goodies!
+
(Quake 1)
Q1NailgunInvoice.png
10 pumpkin + 15x musket balls + 1x zombie banner + 1x blood zombie banner (can be upgraded with 15 hellstone bars, then 20 souls of might, then 20 more hellstone bars (4 weapons in total))
(Killing Floor 2)
CaulkNBurnInvoice.png
20x pink gel + 1x blue slime banner + 1x green slime banner
(Overwatch)
OWFragLauncherInvoice.png
1x illegal gun parts
(Bioshock 2)
CameraInvoice.png
1x Amber, 2x Black Lens, 8x Lens
(League of Legends)
PinkwardInvoice.png
1x Amethyst
(League of Legends)
JinxRLInvoice.png
40x green OR red candy cane blocks
(Serious Sam 2)
SS2AutoShotgunInvoice.png
1x illegal gun parts + 10x Jungle Spores + 10x stingers
(Teamfortress 2)
MannCoInvoice.png
Bought at the Mk. II Vender for 99 gold/platinum bars
---Hardmode---
(Fallout 3)
FO3RailwayInvoice.png
15x Clouds, 25x minecart track and 15x souls of night
(League of Legends)
ChembowInvoice.png
10x flasks of poison and 15x souls of night
(Apex Legends/Titanfall 2)
LStarInvoice.png
2x Frost Cores
(Halo 2)
BrutePlasmaRifleInvoice.png
Bought at Mk.III Vender for 15 gold coins
(Halo: CE)
CEPLasmaRifleInvoice.png
(Halo: 3/ODST)
CarbineInvoice.png
(Silent Hill 2)
KnifeInvoice.png

QuestLetterSextant.png
Quest letters! Purchase these at the mailbox to get guaranteed items! Find the specified items and craft the completed invoice to claim your goods! Currently 6 available (DPS Meter, Lifeform Analyzer, Stopwatch, Sextant, Fisherman's Pocket Guide, and Weather Radio, with possibly more planned.)

Other goodies added:
BlackJackFlareGun.png
The Blackjack Flaregun! Craft with a Flaregun, 5 wood, 10 Iron/lead, and 5 Topaz at an anvil! Turn your flaregun into something more deadly and stylish!

HomemadeRifleGold.png
HomemadeRiflePlat.png
The Homemade Rifle! Craft with 10 wood, 15 Iron/lead, 1 musket ball, and 7 gold/platinum at an anvil! Crude but effective!

CombatPick.png
The Combat Pickaxe! Can be purchased at the Mk. I and Mk. II vending machines for 2 gold or 1 gold 60 silver respectively! This pick deals bonus damage and inflicts poison upon enemies who may annoy you as you mine!

PistolCrossbow.png
The Pistol Crossbow! Can be purchased at the Mk. I vending machine for 1 gold! This little guy slowly fires arrows but has increased critical hit chance to make up for it!

PneumaticPopper.png
PneumaticPopperTin.png
Pneumatic Popper! Craft with 1 blowpipe, 10 wood 5 iron/lead and 10 copper/tin! Collect your ammo and blast your enemies!

Quadshot.png
Madeline! Purchase this at the Mk.II vending machine for 25 gold coins! Quad barrelled shotgun with quite an attitude!

FlakCannon.png
Maribelle! Craft with 10 Souls of Light, 10 hellstone bars, and 1 Madeline. Now turns arrows into molten flak!

TableRadioGold.png
TableRadioPlat.png
The Jazzy Radio! Craft with 5 iron/lead, 10 wood, 1 gold/platinum watch and 1 sunflower at a workbench! This item gives the 'Happy' buff and is much like a sunflower with less placement hassle. Perfect for dangerous areas or home decoration!

Telephone.png
The Tele-Phone! Craft with 2x Recall potions, 1x Fallen star and 5x iron/lead bars at an anvil! This item when interacted with will teleport you back to spawn. Perfect for decoration or a quick getaway!

Telephone2.png
The Cursed Tele-Phone! Craft with 1x Fallen star and 5x crimtane/corrupt bars at an anvil! This item when interacted with will teleport you to a random location! Adventure awaits the daring!

Glitterglow.png
The Glitterglow block! Craft with 1 fallen star and 10 stone blocks! The block functions kinda like glowstone does in minecraft. This glowing rock can light up any cave or home!

BondedSoul.png
The Bonded Soul (Accessory)! Craft with 1x Jack O Lantern, 5x Books, and 1x Mana Crystal at a demon alter! This soul increases your max minions by 5, but at the cost of -60% minion damage while equipped. Travel with a small army now as you conquer the lands!

BrewCask.png
Cask of Brew (Accessory)! Craft with 9x wood, 15x bone, 1x Ironskin Potion, 1x Swiftness Potion, and 5x bottled water at a cooking pot. This concoction will decrease your max life by 60, but will give you 10 defense and 15% extra movespeed!

MagicSuper.png
The Magical Supercharger (Accessory)! Craft with 8x Sapphire, 15x bone and 4x Mana Crystals at a demon alter! This item will increase your magical damage output by 30% at the cost of -80 max mana while equipped!

StrangeCrystals.png
Strange Crystals (Accessory)! Craft with 5x Shiverthorn, 1x Bowl, 10x Pinkgel, 2x Swiftness Potion and 5x Bottled Water at a cooking pot! When equipped, you will move 25% faster!

MushroomLamp.png
The Glowing Mushroom Buddy (Accessory)! Craft with 1x Clay Pot, 3x Mushroom Grass Seeds, 5x Mud Blocks, 1x Mana Crystal, and 1x Shackle at a workbench! This lil' guy provides light when equipped and 2 defense! Never travel alone!

Blubber.png
Blubber (Accessory) Craft with 2x Healing Potions, 5x Cooked fish, 1x bottle, and 5x bowl of soup at a cooking pot! This item grants you +100 max health at the cost of feeling very heavy...

ItemVacuum.png
The Item Vacuum (Accessory)! Purchase this Model 400 Backvac from the Mk. I and Mk. II vending machines! This extends your item pickup range to ~30 blocks. Never miss an item again!

Vacuum.png

DirtPallet.png
StonePallet.png
SandPallet.png
SnowPallet.png
Pallets! Craft with 999x Dirt, stone, sand or snow + 15x wood + 25x rope at a workbench! These can be placed like furniture and upon entering hardmode, you can buy invoices from the merchant (or a MK.III vending machine) to redeem them at the mailbox!

363b72aebfbf19f23f89aba6a097c580.png

Fridge.png
The Refrigerator! Craft with 15x iron/lead bars, 10x cooked fish and 5x frozen slimeblocks at an anvil! Interacting with this bad boy will grant you a well fed bonus for 10 minutes! Perfect for a midnight snack!

Washer.png
The Laundry Machine! Craft with 16x iron/lead bars and 5x glass at a Sawnill! This decorative furniture acts identical to a dressor and can have items placed on top of it!

GlitterglowCandle.png
GlitterglowLamp.png
The Glitterglow candle and lamp! Craft with 1x Glitterglow block and 4x/3x wood respectively! Just a nice alternative to the glitterglow block if you want to snazz up your home!

Television.png
The Television! Craft with 5x iron/lead bars, 25x wood, and 10x glass at a sawmill! The perfect decoration to tie any room together! Can also have items placed on top like a table.

Radiator.png
Radiator! Craft with 10x iron/lead bars and 1x water bucket at an anvil! This will keep anyone nice and toasty within it's radius!

Oven.png
The Oven! Craft with 10x iron/lead bars and 4x glass at an anvil! Cook any meal to perfection with this bad boy!

305e491890cb994ad492463287ba26b5.png

Example build with the Laundry Machines, Television, Tele-Phone, Refrigerator, and glitterglow lamps/candles!

SiltPackage.png
Package of Silt! If you need gems, ores, or the possibility of getting lots of gold coins, the merchant sells an invoice just for your extracting needs!

Past Changes:
0.1: Released
0.1.1: Fixed an error when placing the machine, added tube of glowsticks
0.1.5: Added the MK. II machine along with it's items
0.1.6: adjusted prices, gave the Mk. II a 20% discount on all items
0.1.6.2: added homepage
0.1.6.5: added the 'Blackjack Flaregun', added in 'Can of Bait', fixed mana potion giving the potion sickness debuff, changed around item rarities
0.1.7: added Mk. III machine along with it's items, reduced mana potion prices drastically, adjusted item rarities, added discount text to the machines, added the 'Homemade Rifle'
0.1.8: adjusted item descriptions, Homemade Rifle requires a bit more to craft, added 'Glitterglow', added 'Jazzy Radios', added 'Item Vacuum'
0.1.8.1: further adjusted item descriptions
0.1.8.5: Added in 'Mysterious Mailbox', added in Pallets of Snow, Stone, Dirt and Sand and their corresponding 'invoices', added in 'Package of Silt', adjusted the homemade rifle to fit with vanilla progression, adjusted bullet 'origin' on the homemade rifle to better work in close range
0.1.9: Added in 'Stamped Letter', L-Star Frost, Oscillator, and Vision Ward.
0.2: Added packages for mailbox goodies, Caulk n Burn, Auto Shotgun, and Frag Launcher
0.2.5: adjusted many of the mod recipes (such as obtaining a piggybank, illegal weapon parts, seeds, more items for sale), formatted some descriptions (wip) (note that vending machines only accept exact change)
0.2.5.1-2: Letters and vending machines now stack (up to 30, up from 1), added Plasma Rifle and Brute Plasma Rifle and their respective invoices, made the can of worms sprite less fugly
0.2.5.3: Added Madeline, Pneumatic Popper, Quest letters, changed plasma rifles acquisition to be bought at a Mk.III vender
0.2.5.4-5: updated Madeline's Sprite, uploaded the mod onto GitHub, added a mod Icon
0.2.5.6: Madeline costs 40 -> 25 gold, one of the Stamped Letter recipes no longer requires a blood zombie banner; now takes pumpkins, lost weapon parts invoice is now in Vending Machine Mk.II, added Maribelle, seed pouch now costs 20 -> 15 copper coins, Pneumatic Popper now takes 20 -> 15 iron/lead, Bundle of Arrows available in Mk. I Vender, one of the Stamped Letter recipes no longer requires jungle spores; now takes Illegal Weapon Parts, glitterglow no longer takes coral to craft and now grants 15 blocks, Quest letters now cost 20 copper instead of 20 silver, added a letter recipe for Tinkerer's Workshop, Halloween and Xmas letters no longer require stamped letters
0.2.5.7: Fixed an issue where the mod would not download from the browser
0.2.5.8: Cleaned up descriptions for the stamped letter sub recipes, fixed the base of an interdimensional tool to look less floaty, Mailbox no longer deposits ghost packages if right clicked with an empty slot, Tinkerer's workshop letter no longer requires a stamped letter; also changed the name to 'Tinkerer's Invoice', changed one of the invoices to only require 2 frost cores; rather than requiring a buildpath, changed the interdimsional shotgun's damage to 17 -> 24 damage per pellet to compensate for the slow firing speed, Quest letters now added for the DPS meter, lifeform analyzer and stopwatch; Cellphone is now completely obtainable without NPCs, added 3 more invoices for the stamped letter (4 new weapons and 1 new accessory), added the pistol crossbow, added the combat pickaxe, added the Cask of Brew Accessory, added the Bonded Soul Accessory, added the Strange Crystals Accessory, added the Magical Supercharger Accessory
0.2.5.9: Tmod didn't allow this version to exist
0.2.6.0: Fixed a glitch with the lost weapons invoice not giving a package, adjusted a interdimensional weapon's positioning in the player's hands, fixed a few more descriptions, added Glowing Mushroom Buddy Accessory, Bonded Soul no longer decreases max mana; now has larger damage penalty (but still gives you more minion damage overall)
0.2.6.1: Now the mailbox (faintly) and the vending machines glow in the dark, adjusted glitter glow's light to more accurately fit the block, adjusted a invoice tool's glow, crafting pallets should now take any wood instead of just standard wood, Mann Co Invoice price at the Mk. II vending machine is now 120 -> 99 Plat/gold, Madeline and Maribelle now have a bit more crit chance, added vaccuum invoice to the Mk. II vending machine; removed the item vacuum from the goblin's buy inventory, added Value to the Glowing Mushroom Buddy for selling/reforging, Glowing Mushroom Buddy now takes 2 less mushroom grass seeds, one of the invoices now takes 10 Jungle Spores rather than 15 musket balls, Pistol Crossbow now costs 50 silver -> 1 gold, Combat pickaxe now costs 1 gold -> 2 gold, added 2 new invoices/weapons, early hardmode invoices bought at the Mk. III vending machine now cost 25 -> 15 gold
0.2.6.2: The Pneumatic Popper now allows collection of seeds from tall grass/plants, updated the Pneumatic Popper's sprite, removed the seed pouch from the vending machines, buff furniture will no longer flash 0s on the buff icon, added 4 new weapons and 2 new invoices, added the Blubber Accessory, added safe letter, added bug net letter, Cask of Brew now appears on the character's back
0.2.6.3: Added the Laundry Machine, added the Refrigerator, added glitterglow lamp and candle, added the Tele-Phone, updated the Pneumatic popper to require less iron/lead and more copper/tin, updated palette sprites to have a rope texture rather than black lines, Pneumatic Poppers should collect seeds now from jungle, corrupt and crimson grass/plants
0.2.6.4: added the Cursed Tele-Phone
0.2.6.5: Fixed the Mysterious Mailbox not working in Multiplayer (thanks jopojelly!), bonded soul does -45% -> -60% minion damage (the item overall is still very much a net positive in minion damage), made the rope texture thiccer on pallets

Currently my main goal is balance and making the mod feel as if it meshes well within the base game's progression and allow pre hardmode to be beaten without NPCs. Please tell me your thoughts, criticisms, or what you'd like to see added in the future! I do plan on expanding this mod to be much more than just vending machines in the future as I learn to code/sprite!

Special thanks to NuovaPrime, Oli.H and Yuyutsu for helping out with code!

Last edited:

Tinee13

Skeletron
Really good mod, is there any chance for mods compatability?
Btw add souls to the vending machine post mech-bosses

Coffee009

Terrarian
Thank you!
Not sure on the mod compatibility, but it could be something seen in the future, right now I try to keep it balanced with vanilla and thorium (more so vanilla)

And I do plan on doing something like that, I've gotten suggestions for it before

Tinee13

Skeletron
I just thought of some more suggestion:
-Change the vending machine to a shop, not a crafting station (not sure if this is possible) because that make sense and if you are the guy like me who keep all their money in a piggy bank, it will be much much easier.
-Make a vending machine, i called it "Spirit Vending Machine" (my naming suck) that sell lunar fragments post ML, ectoplasm post Plantera and always sell all the souls. It should be post 3 mech.
-Another vending machine, "Ingots Vending Machine" to sell Bars (pls meteorite to im lazy).
-Another one, "Soda Machine" to sell ALL potions and bottled water and bottled honey.
-Last one is a All-in-one Vending Machine that combine all the vending machine because i dont think they do right now?
P/S: If you feel like, just slap everything on a MK3 vending machine
Edit: STACKABLE INVOICE

Last edited:

Coffee009

Terrarian
I just thought of some more suggestion:
-Change the vending machine to a shop, not a crafting station (not sure if this is possible) because that make sense and if you are the guy like me who keep all their money in a piggy bank, it will be much much easier.
-Make a vending machine, i called it "Spirit Vending Machine" (my naming suck) that sell lunar fragments post ML, ectoplasm post Plantera and always sell all the souls. It should be post 3 mech.
-Another vending machine, "Ingots Vending Machine" to sell Bars (pls meteorite to im lazy).
-Another one, "Soda Machine" to sell ALL potions and bottled water and bottled honey.
-Last one is a All-in-one Vending Machine that combine all the vending machine because i dont think they do right now?
P/S: If you feel like, just slap everything on a MK3 vending machine
Edit: STACKABLE INVOICE
Invoices should stack up to 30 now as of 0.2.5.1 or 0.2.5.2, make sure your mod is up to date

-With the shops, I have no idea how to write/make UIs, plus I think they function closer to the real things how they are now
-I might make something post ML, i just gotta get there in a playthrough to get a feel for what I should add/need
-I might do this, and tie to to boss progression so it's upgradable throughout the game
-I think the alchemist NPC mod already fills this niche, plus the new gardening kit should alleviate that a bit too
-the Mk.III sells everything the other two sell (more along the lines of general items), but it wont sell more specialized stuff should I add a soul or metal vending machine

Tinee13

Skeletron
Invoices should stack up to 30 now as of 0.2.5.1 or 0.2.5.2, make sure your mod is up to date

-With the shops, I have no idea how to write/make UIs, plus I think they function closer to the real things how they are now
-I might make something post ML, i just gotta get there in a playthrough to get a feel for what I should add/need
-I might do this, and tie to to boss progression so it's upgradable throughout the game
-I think the alchemist NPC mod already fills this niche, plus the new gardening kit should alleviate that a bit too
-the Mk.III sells everything the other two sell (more along the lines of general items), but it wont sell more specialized stuff should I add a soul or metal vending machine
*Oh thats maybe just me because
-I didnt know about the invoice in the new update
-See tModLoader - Vending Machines (Maybe keep things as it is now is better)
-ye
-gud
-Actually i always use like 2000 mods that do the exactly same thing but still ask for exactly same things
-Maybe i didnt know that because i put the MK3 in the magic storage and it only show recipe for MK3 only

*Something new:
- Bundle for all kinds of woods
- Jar of pink gel (maybe to OP)
- Dynamite satchel
- Stackable radios
- More homemade
- Fallen star *insert a good name*
- Jungle Spore *insert a creative name*
- *insert a lot of others stuffs*

Keep up the good works :D

ISNameros

Terrarian
i got a question, dont know if you can help. but everytime i want to download this mod(i use tmodloader) the download will been shown but after that i kick me to the modbrowser but the mod didnt downloaded. in short, i cant download youre mod.

Coffee009

Terrarian
i got a question, dont know if you can help. but everytime i want to download this mod(i use tmodloader) the download will been shown but after that i kick me to the modbrowser but the mod didnt downloaded. in short, i cant download youre mod.
Alright the issue was on my end; I made my github private and I had to make it public, I just tested the download on an alternate steam account on my laptop and it works now!

RenRllySad

Retinazer
Alright the issue was on my end; I made my github private and I had to make it public, I just tested the download on an alternate steam account on my laptop and it works now!
For other suggestions above, such as the shop idea.
You can, make it so when you right click the machine with 50 silver or whatever, it will pop up with custom Ui to select what you want.

Ui isn't very hard to learn, if you need help the tModLoader discord can help you greatly, the programmers are brilliant and are more than willing to give you tips/advice

Flor3nce2456

Duke Fishron
Ooh! This mod sounds nice! Definitely gonna follow it.

EDIT: Consider replacing the black line on the palettes with rope?

Top Bottom