Map-Base Expert Mode Medieval Starter Town (With Calamity Mod Version)

Davriel

The Destroyer
Edit July 6th, 2023
Added vanilla Terraria download option for 1.4.4.9!

Hey guys, I made this medieval themed starter town/base for me and some friends to run through calamity mod with, but I put so much effort into it that I figured I'd throw it up here in case anyone else would like to use it :3

The world is untouched, only the area where the base has been built has been messed with, and no bosses have been beaten. So feel free to use fresh characters on it. It has areas for most early game crafting stations, a farm for potion herbs and enough rooms for the all the NPC's in the game (not a truffle house though). I kept a lot of the blocks I used to build stuff in chests around, as well as labeled a lot of chests for organization. A few NPC's accidentally spawned, but if you're playing Calamity Mod on expert mode I'm sure you won't mind too much lol. Almost every block that is placed has paint on it, so be careful about accidentally breaking blocks! Crimson world btw

blacksmith house and forge.png

apothecary.png
scribe.png
tailor and tavern.png
mountainside house and mine entrance.png
east castle entrance and barracks.png
castle and church, and west castle entrance.png
The mine entrance is just an entrance to a cave system for early game mining. Also... the castle has a dark secret that they don't want any residents to know about... I hope everyone finds it!:joy:

Last edited:
Most likely. Since you would be playing vanilla, all modded tiles would be gone. The Sulfuric Sea and the Abyss would look like a massive pit, plus the Brimstone Crag would just be a large crater in the underworld.

I see, thank you for the response. Been looking for a town like this very nice one but for vanilla, but it looks as though I'll have to continue my search.

I see, thank you for the response. Been looking for a town like this very nice one but for vanilla, but it looks as though I'll have to continue my search.

I've actually played a bit of it on vanilla, the east ocean is a giant pit, and the biome under the underground desert is also a giant pit. If you're fine with having those then it's not a big deal, it won't break your game :joy:

I've actually played a bit of it on vanilla, the east ocean is a giant pit, and the biome under the underground desert is also a giant pit. If you're fine with having those then it's not a big deal, it won't break your game :joy:
Sorry for the late response,

Thank you very much for the info, having a few gaping holes in the world has never bothered me before so I can't see it bothering me now! Thanks again!

Edit: I apologize if I'm just being dumb, but is there a way to convert a .twld file into a .wld file? When I put this file in my worlds map it doesn't appear in my world list, when I replace the .twld extension with .wld it appears but says no backup found.

That aside, I have been trying out the calamity mod(super duper hard btw lol) with the tmodloader on steam(a friend convinced me to try it out) I also tried to get this map on there, but I apparently need both a .wld and .twld file in order to play it. (this download link only gives me the .twld file) (Also I'm just going off stuff I looked up to try and help my situation). Any help for me to understand this better would be greatly appreciated! (I'm pretty new to this sort of stuff as I've mostly just been a vanilla player for many years).

Last edited:
Hello, nice map ya got there! There's one problem tho, which is that I can't access the world w/o a normal .wld file alongside the provided one.

Hoping you could add it to this thread sooner!

Thanks

Sorry for the late response,

Thank you very much for the info, having a few gaping holes in the world has never bothered me before so I can't see it bothering me now! Thanks again!

Edit: I apologize if I'm just being dumb, but is there a way to convert a .twld file into a .wld file? When I put this file in my worlds map it doesn't appear in my world list, when I replace the .twld extension with .wld it appears but says no backup found.

That aside, I have been trying out the calamity mod(super duper hard btw lol) with the tmodloader on steam(a friend convinced me to try it out) I also tried to get this map on there, but I apparently need both a .wld and .twld file in order to play it. (this download link only gives me the .twld file) (Also I'm just going off stuff I looked up to try and help my situation). Any help for me to understand this better would be greatly appreciated! (I'm pretty new to this sort of stuff as I've mostly just been a vanilla player for many years).
i mean if you really wanted to, you could probably just grab tedit and open the world in that to copy the town over to a vanilla world and not have any huge pits, i also think that it would solve the twld problem too since you would just be moving the vanilla buildings to a vanilla world (i mean thats just what i would do for this just so that im not missing part of my world because that would bother the heckers out of me)
(it would all depend on if the creator of this awesome map was okay with that though)

Hello and congratulations on your Work.
But unfortunately with the .twld file it's unusable.
I tried everything without result. It would be nice if you would share your .wld file.
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards

Sorry if my english is bad I'm french

Hey guys, I made this medieval themed starter town/base for me and some friends to run through calamity mod with, but I put so much effort into it that I figured I'd throw it up here in case anyone else would like to use it :3

The world is untouched, only the area where the base has been built has been messed with, and no bosses have been beaten. So feel free to use fresh characters on it. It has areas for most early game crafting stations, a farm for potion herbs and enough rooms for the all the NPC's in the game (not a truffle house though). I kept a lot of the blocks I used to build stuff in chests around, as well as labeled a lot of chests for organization. A few NPC's accidentally spawned, but if you're playing Calamity Mod on expert mode I'm sure you won't mind too much lol. Almost every block that is placed has paint on it, so be careful about accidentally breaking blocks! Crimson world btw

The mine entrance is just an entrance to a cave system for early game mining. Also... the castle has a dark secret that they don't want any residents to know about... I hope everyone finds it!:joy:

The world is in 1.4 so I can not play it in Tmodloader. Can u convert the world to the latest version that Tmodloader is in? Thanks.

Will this world break if played on vanilla terraria?
Crazy late but,

I generated a new world on 1.4.4.9 and via TEdit I copied and pasted the town from the calamity version onto the new world. I added a new download link in the main post if anyone would like to play this world on vanilla Terraria 👍

Last edited:
Edit July 6th, 2023
Added vanilla Terraria download option for 1.4.4.9!

Hey quick question why is the water gone?.. Like it's really gone all the way up if u look there's only water at the bottom? I am using calamity mod.
1691058158132.png

Back
Top Bottom