tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Illustrious knives damage are bugged. They aren't scaling at all. Mine say they have 3488 damage (thank you Fargo's mod :p), but they only deal like 50ish damage.
Screenshot_29.png

Illustrious knives damage are bugged. They aren't scaling at all. Mine say they have 3488 damage (thank you Fargo's mod :p), but they only deal like 50ish damage.
View attachment 131746

Not a bug. The knives reduce in damage as they travel, just like the Vampire Knives.

Here is the formula I use to prove I'm not lying:
if (projectile.ai[0] >= 30f)
{
projectile.alpha += 3;
projectile.damage = (int)((double)projectile.damage * 0.9);
projectile.knockBack = (float)((int)((double)projectile.knockBack * 0.9));
}

Could you make a weapon called poisoned knife that drops from the cultist assasin. Gives you invisibility and a damage boost plus movement slow like the psycho knife but more of a damage boost and poison. Very rare

Hey MountainDrew, how possible would it be to make a small mountain structure... Out of mountain dew. Just make a placeable block that gives mountain dew, and boom!

Hey MountainDrew, how possible would it be to make a small mountain structure... Out of mountain dew. Just make a placeable block that gives mountain dew, and boom!

Not too hard I would think. That would be epic :D

Mountain Dew consumable that gives the caffeinated buff. Increased move speed but slightly reduced defense due to recklessness.

I like this mod as much as Thorium, but there is one pet peeve. The Hard-Mode-esque thing or whatever that got implemented into here. I was minding my own business using Cheat Sheet to summon items and bosses and the next thing you know, the Devourer of Gods has 2,500,000 health and his head HITS LIKE A F:red:ING TRUCK. All of those simple Hard-Mode bosses that you created suddenly turned into such a terrible nightmare that I eventually resorted to using broken life-steal items from other mods. Heck, even the Pre-Hardmode bosses have Late-Hardmode tier health! Even the Terra Armor (Pumpking's Mod), with one of the highest defense stats in the game turned into wood armor against those things. Please, just make that Hard-Mode of yours toggable. JUST. PLEASE. I BEG YOU.

Yep. Even with a good 138 defense, The Devourer of Gods and any other Hard-Mode boss he created makes the Moon Lord look easier than the Eye of Cthulhu.

Yep. Even with a good 138 defense, The Devourer of Gods and any other Hard-Mode boss he created makes the Moon Lord look easier than the Eye of Cthulhu.

The Pumpking mod is mostly responsible. As far as Calamity by itself goes, Moon Lord should still generally be the toughest boss in the game after the "super hardmode" change.

I haven't tried fighting any bosses post moonlord again in this mod yet, but if they are challenging enough to fight again, they should drop weapons that would be as powerful as something you would get post moonlord.

I like this mod as much as Thorium, but there is one pet peeve. The Hard-Mode-esque thing or whatever that got implemented into here. I was minding my own business using Cheat Sheet to summon items and bosses and the next thing you know, the Devourer of Gods has 2,500,000 health and his head HITS LIKE A F:red:ING TRUCK. All of those simple Hard-Mode bosses that you created suddenly turned into such a terrible nightmare that I eventually resorted to using broken life-steal items from other mods. Heck, even the Pre-Hardmode bosses have Late-Hardmode tier health! Even the Terra Armor (Pumpking's Mod), with one of the highest defense stats in the game turned into wood armor against those things. Please, just make that Hard-Mode of yours toggable. JUST. PLEASE. I BEG YOU.

You do know that Pumpking's mod multiplies their health and damage even further right?

Pumpking even said that with Calamity + Pumpking's mod the DoG head damage is nearly 1000.

With Calamity alone for post-Moon Lord bosses:
  1. Desert Scourge - 94,050HP / 131,670HP (Expert)
  2. Slime God - 49,500HP / 59,400HP (Expert)
  3. Calamitas - 42,000HP / 54,600HP (Expert)
  4. DoG - 500,000HP / 750,000HP (Expert)
  5. Plaguebringer - 135,000HP / 157,950HP (Expert)

Last edited:
You do know that Pumpking's mod multiplies their health and damage even further right?

Pumpking even said that with Calamity + Pumpking's mod the DoG head damage is nearly 1000.
*Perks up* Did I just hear somebody say "A NEW CHALLENGE HAS APPEARED"!?!?

*Perks up* Did I just hear somebody say "A NEW CHALLENGE HAS APPEARED"!?!?

Yeah, things get a little crazy with both Pumpking's mod and Calamity combined :D

EDIT: Just posted the calculated health values for Calamity alone.

With Calamity alone for post-Moon Lord bosses:
  1. Desert Scourge - 94,050HP / 131,670HP (Expert)
  2. Slime God - 49,500HP / 59,400HP (Expert)
  3. Calamitas - 42,000HP / 54,600HP (Expert)
  4. DoG - 500,000HP / 750,000HP (Expert)
  5. Plaguebringer - 135,000HP / 157,950HP (Expert)
Yeah, things get a little crazy with both Pumpking's mod and Calamity combined :D

EDIT: Just posted the calculated health values for Calamity alone.
I've never used Pumpking's mod but challenge accepted.

Back
Top Bottom