tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Thank you everyone over at the dev team for Calamity for your work and dedication. I know a lot of people get impatient about new updates, and i hope this wasn't a contributing factor in wanting to get the new update out quickly, but thank you none the less for all your hard work on Calamity.

Thank you to the coders, spriters, composers, testers, devs and everyone on the team for your continued work. Just remember to take it easy ! Dont let a hobby become a personal chore because of the demands of others, as long as you're all having some level of enjoyment out of working on your projects/mod then thats the most important.

You guys and gals deserve a vacation, lets be honest. :D

Thank you everyone over at the dev team for Calamity for your work and dedication. I know a lot of people get impatient about new updates, and i hope this wasn't a contributing factor in wanting to get the new update out quickly, but thank you none the less for all your hard work on Calamity.

Thank you to the coders, spriters, composers, testers, devs and everyone on the team for your continued work. Just remember to take it easy ! Dont let a hobby become a personal chore because of the demands of others, as long as you're all having some level of enjoyment out of working on your projects/mod then thats the most important.

You guys and gals deserve a vacation, lets be honest. :D

Naw, MountainDrew has been working on migrating Calamity over to tModloader v0.10 a week-ish prior. He got a head start.

Naw, MountainDrew has been working on migrating Calamity over to tModloader v0.10 a week-ish prior. He got a head start.
understandable. Still a big thanks to everyone involved!

I have seen the stress , at least here on the forums, that people on the dev team go through because of the demands, suggestions, and sometimes straight up bashing and i just hope everyone working on Calamity, and other mods, get some personal time to themselves. It would be a shame for a project that once brought joy now only brings stress because of a vocal minority.

- Revengeance Mode, a replacement for Prepare to Die & Cry. Needs new character creation and an Expert Mode world.
- A new ore
- A new boss
- various new items

MountainDrew wants people to discover them on their own, so I can't go much more into it.
this is a great summer gift

this is a great summer gift

Indeed. Hope you guys enjoy it! MountainDrew's been slaving his arse off the past week or so over it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, for everyone else... here's a summary of what Revengeance Mode does:

To start off, it is activated by using a consumable item, "Revengeance," which is given to newly created characters. It can ONLY be used in Expert Mode worlds.

- All enemies drop five times the amount of money. You'll need it.
- Enemy spawn rates are boosted.
- You do 15% more damage, but also take 25% more damage (only active after your first boss has been slain).
- Before you have killed your first boss, you take 20% less damage from everything.
- Defense is more useful now. 100% effective compared to Expert Mode's 75% effectiveness.
- Changes the AI of ALL bosses, both Vanilla AND Calamity Mod bosses. Prepare to Cry, for real.

This was just a blatant copy of the item in the game, lol

Indeed. Hope you guys enjoy it! MountainDrew's been slaving his arse off the past week or so over it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, for everyone else... here's a summary of what Revengeance Mode does:

To start off, it is activated by using a consumable item, "Revengeance," which is given to newly created characters. It can ONLY be used in Expert Mode worlds.

- All enemies drop five times the amount of money. You'll need it.
- Enemy spawn rates are boosted.
- You do 15% more damage, but also take 25% more damage (only active after your first boss has been slain).
- Before you have killed your first boss, you take 20% less damage from everything.
- Defense is more useful now. 100% effective compared to Expert Mode's 75% effectiveness.
- Changes the AI of ALL bosses, both Vanilla AND Calamity Mod bosses. Prepare to Cry, for real.

This was just a blatant copy of the item in the game, lol
A couple questions: You mentioned that this "Revengeance Mode" replaces the PtD and PtC modes, so will items like the Murasama and Drew's wings will be dropped from their respective bosses with this Revengeance Mode activated? Also, is the Revengeance Mode permanent once used, or can you deactivate/reactivate it like the PtD and PtC modes?

A couple questions: You mentioned that this "Revengeance Mode" replaces the PtD and PtC modes, so will items like the Murasama and Drew's wings will be dropped from their respective bosses with this Revengeance Mode activated? Also, is the Revengeance Mode permanent once used, or can you deactivate/reactivate it like the PtD and PtC modes?

Yes, I believe so. PtD/C items are Revengeance Mode items. I may be wrong, however. And no, Revengeance Mode cannot be reverted. It is a permanent change. Consider Revengeance Mode an "Expert Mode Plus".

Back
Top Bottom