tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
This post seems to have gotten buried, and may have gone unnoticed. but i agree 100% They are really OP for being able to spawn right from the start. I have to literally just dig myself in a hole right from the starting point just so i dont get annihilated by them until i can get atleast iron armor/weapons, enough to where i can kill them. Adding them post EoC is a great idea, atleast you'll have the armor and weapons to deal with them.
I thought they were op too, but turns out the wooden yoyo makes short work of most wulfrum things. if you want bonus cheese points, build a wall and use the yoyo over and around it.

Yeah, i get in the habit now of just making a wall of dirt on both sides of the starting area so i atleast can build in peace without anything coming in and killing me, or just head underground and make temporary underground bases to get building materials, and then build a house. But i think just for balance purposes, they should be post-EoC, or nerfed slightly.

Suggestion: If it isn't already the case, holding an umbrella should protect against acid rain
I agree that there should be something that protects you from acid rain, but holding an umbrella constantly seems kinda obnoxious, maybe an accessory or wearing the umbrella hat?

For the acid rain, I think that just being under blocks should nullify the debuff (which can be very annoying if you want to fight a boss on the surface) as well. You aren't technically getting hit by rain, so yeah. Also, there's already an accessory that nullifies Irradiated, but I don't know how to get it. (It's a drop or a purchasable item, as you can't craft it)

Useless Fun Fact: It was the main reason I raged against Cryogen because Tremor replaced the Snow biome with the Glacier biome, which did not count as a surface Snow biome. So I went back to my former world, unaware how Acid Rain began. (Should happen to rain post-Moon Lord) My former world already had Moon Lord slain (up to Yharon because this was when Yharon still used the Kyurem theme), which meant that Acid Rain was now possible. I spawned Cryogen and immediately began wondering why I was taking so much damage even though I had Hallowed Armor. Eventually, I raged so hard that I went to my original world and went in the Underground Ice, enabled God Mode, and butchered Cryogen around 60 times.

Hey I don't know if this was fixed in the new update but I tend to play with music off and whenever I go into the profaned crags biome the music plays unless I mute it entirely. anyone else experience this?

Once again I can't find out how to obtain an item... ;-;

I'm preparing for the Supreme Calamitas fight, and I found out that I could make potions easier using Blood Orbs. Because I pretty much lack a brain, I can't find how I obtain them.

There's no wiki page for them, and I can't find anything with Google. Haaaalp...

Last edited:
Once again I can't find out how to obtain an item... ;-;

I'm preparing for the Supreme Calamitas fight, and I found out that I could make potions easier using Blood Orbs. Because I pretty much lack a brain, I can't find how I obtain them.

There's no wiki page for them, and I can't find anything with Google. Haaaalp...
"Blood" orbs
"blood" moon

This post seems to have gotten buried, and may have gone unnoticed. but i agree 100% They are really OP for being able to spawn right from the start. I have to literally just dig myself in a hole right from the starting point just so i dont get annihilated by them until i can get atleast iron armor/weapons, enough to where i can kill them. Adding them post EoC is a great idea, at least you'll have the armor and weapons to deal with them.
Yep, I had to do the same thing. While there are some early ways to deal with them, it's still pretty tedious -- and would be better suited a bit later.

Calamity's Wulfrum enemies remind me of a slightly more manageable version of "Bubbles" from older versions of the Cosmetic Variety mod. These OP mobs frequently spawned at the very start and killed you repeatedly. Then the mod's creator first responded by making a sword called the "Bubble Popper", an OP sword specifically made to craft at the start in order to beat them easily. Finally the entire mess was solved by greatly nerfing the mob, and changing how it spawned.

thanks for the new update (wulfure slime and wulfure drone) i really like the new wulfure weapon and armor and i don't know if it's a bug but i can't knock back the wulfure slime

hey! I love the mod so much and I just played through the whole thing on expertmode and ima try it on revengence XD but do you have plans for more superbosses like supreme calamitaz because it was really fun

Last edited:
So after playing through once again, I can pretty much conclude that Sun Bats are just too rare. I've run into one the entirety of hard mode (just killed Moon Lord).

Yeah, the exoblade stops the devourer of gods on their tracks too. Freeze the head and DoG has no idea what to do, starts spazzing out in place.

Also, i've been playing with ol' quintessential broken mod Fargo's, and i'm still finding an adequate challenge in Revengeance mode. kudos for making it remain hard. I've given up in making any of the attack souls since it demands you give up weapons I had to farm very long to get.

Yeah Fargo's recipes are jacked up, especially considering the accessories you make don't even inherit most of the effects of the base items. I'm specifically thinking of the Colossus Soul.

Yeah Fargo's recipes are jacked up, especially considering the accessories you make don't even inherit most of the effects of the base items. I'm specifically thinking of the Colossus Soul.
Yeah. It's just that calamity's accesories are too complex and good for the particular souls to be any better. If anything, I'd wait till you can make all the souls and combine them into Soul of Dimensions/Soul of the Universe.

Also, Soul of Terraria is really busted with almost every weapon in Calamity. It makes the Cosmic Kunai instamelt anything in it's path.

Back
Top Bottom