tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,582 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Also, depending on what other mods you have installed, it can really :red: up balance. So only post suggestions if you're using only the Calamity Mod with a few smaller mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
been getting this a lot

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/CaveStoryBossBattle.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Ensure that the specified stream contains valid PCM mono or stereo wave data.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WavFile..ctor(Stream source)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WavFile.Open(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()

This isn't about nerfs but still. There's a bug with Wilfrum Staff. It seems that the hitbox of its projectile is misplaced and misaligned. On this video you can clearly see that the projectile comes out from player's feet and sometimes doesn't connect with a target it clearly should. No other major mods are installed, leaving the Calamity mod the only one enabled doesn't change the situation.

Brimrose Staff's damage isn't too high, but the sheer amount of projectiles it releases makes it quite overpowered.
Edit: Does Fungal Clump count as a weapon? It's can be rather *ahem* powerful.

Having a small problem with calamity. If I go to the left side of the Underworld, there's no blocks, no walls, no lava, just blank space. I assume the calamity/profaned crags biome should be here, but it's nowhere to be found.
The only other active mods I have are things like the Recipe Browser, the Boss Checklist, and Yet Another Boss Healthbar. So I doubt it has anything to do with my other mods.
Thanks!

Having a small problem with calamity. If I go to the left side of the Underworld, there's no blocks, no walls, no lava, just blank space. I assume the calamity/profaned crags biome should be here, but it's nowhere to be found.
The only other active mods I have are things like the Recipe Browser, the Boss Checklist, and Yet Another Boss Healthbar. So I doubt it has anything to do with my other mods.
Thanks!
Do you have steam cloud enabled for your world?

Also, depending on what other mods you have installed, it can really :red: up balance. So only post suggestions if you're using only the Calamity Mod with a few smaller mods.
Hey there @MountainDrew, I edited your post to write out the curse word in full, instead of having asterisks in it. Believe it or not we actually prefer if you spell out profanity in full instead of putting asterisks in it to censor it. :) We have a profanity filter in place for those that do not wish to see curse words.

I still can't figure out how to quote people. :sigh:
MineCat, the world is on the steam cloud (You mean that little cloud icon next to the favorite and play buttons, right? That's what I'm talking about.)
It's on the cloud because that seemed to stop me from losing characters (this was in unmodded play) or something. Does the world being on the cloud cause problems?

MineCat, the world is on the steam cloud (You mean that little cloud icon next to the favorite and play buttons, right? That's what I'm talking about.)
It's on the cloud because that seemed to stop me from losing characters (this was in unmodded play) or something. Does the world being on the cloud cause problems?
You press the "reply" or "quote" buttom on the bottom right of a reply/comment.
Well, steam cloud doesn't really work with mods, as it's not really intended for it. I'm pretty sure that it can cause modded blocks from the world to disappear. Every person that has had this issue or calamity ores vanishing, they've always had steam cloud enabled. I recommend just keeping backups on a folder in your desktop.
Anways, I'm not completely sure what disabling the cloud does for the blocks, since i don't use the cloud. If they blocks won't come back, You should make a new world for mining the ores and using the biome.

You press the "reply" or "quote" buttom on the bottom right of a reply/comment.
Well, steam cloud doesn't really work with mods, as it's not really intended for it. I'm pretty sure that it can cause modded blocks from the world to disappear. Every person that has had this issue or calamity ores vanishing, they've always had steam cloud enabled. I recommend just keeping backups on a folder in your desktop.
Anways, I'm not completely sure what disabling the cloud does for the blocks, since i don't use the cloud. If they blocks won't come back, You should make a new world for mining the ores and using the biome.
That explains a lot. Thanks! We couldn't find calamity ores or the biome, so this helps. I'll check in again once the world is off the cloud.

Yes. Clouded worlds can't contain modded biomes and have all sorts of problems.

Alright, running into another problem, sorry about this. So, I went to backup the world, only to find that tModLoader characters and worlds seem to be separate. can someone help me locate them?

Alright, running into another problem, sorry about this. So, I went to backup the world, only to find that tModLoader characters and worlds seem to be separate. can someone help me locate them?
Documents/My Games/Terraria/Modloader/Players (Or Worlds)

Back
Top Bottom