tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Im having trouble with ModLoader and Calamity. I have fully updated versions of Terraria, Calamity, and tMod Loader. What am I doing wrong?

Hey me and a friend are playing with this mod and we cant seem to beat the frost moon after DoG, mainly due to all the minibosses and some of the regular enemies being completely invincible and invisible, but they can still shoot at us. We are using other mods, like tremor and thorium. Are these mods the problem?

Does anyone know how to fix this?
The wav sound file at Sounds/Item/FlareSound.wav failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you joining a multiplayer server? If you are, this is what I do to fix this: disable all the mods, don't reload mods, back and exit Terraria, reboot Terraria with no mods, then join the server again. This will usually fix the problem for us. If it occurred in single player, then I don't know.

anyone else feel like the expert calamity mod just devolves into melee or yoyo tank-esk game play? either that or talk deathstar mage? i've been rather unsuccessful with expert gunslinger after the vanilla mode ends, potion buffs and arena buffs and all. i know i'm not that good at even vanillia expert mode, but i'm just wondering if anyone has hit the walls i have or if i just suck that badly.

The Devourer of Gods is impossible to kill ? When I almost kill it, it spawns another one, and keep going like that, I also use boss check list mod and when I open it, I said I haven't kill the Devourer of Gods. But I literally kill it hundreds time, and no treasure bags drop. Anyone know why ?

The Devourer of Gods is impossible to kill ? When I almost kill it, it spawns another one, and keep going like that, I also use boss check list mod and when I open it, I said I haven't kill the Devourer of Gods. But I literally kill it hundreds time, and no treasure bags drop. Anyone know why ?
You need to get both under 300k health, and then kill them.

Guys I need help, I've killed Providence in the Underworld and Hallow and I can't still get Phantom Spirits to spawn. Anybody suffering the same curse as me? (P.S I really need Phantom Spirits to get the Bloodflare armor for the DoG.)
I am so terribly sorry but it seems that I forgot to update my Calamity xD

I'm in single player, but i did try that method and it didn't work.
Thanks for trying to help though.
Im also having this issue.
[doublepost=1500914623,1500914597][/doublepost]
That's not a lot to go on. What sort of trouble are you having? If you're getting any specific error messages, be sure to post them.
This is the Error message:

Anyone have any DoG tips? I have tried everything and the DoG still demolishes me in a matter of seconds.

If you aren't already, play a heavy evasive game, he cant despawn. Set up teleporters across the world if you have to and switch back and forth. If you rely on a mount like the UFO to fly, get a rod of discord if you can, or get a nice set of wings to fly faster. Other than that, try it with a friend or two.

anyone else feel like the expert calamity mod just devolves into melee or yoyo tank-esk game play? either that or talk deathstar mage? i've been rather unsuccessful with expert gunslinger after the vanilla mode ends, potion buffs and arena buffs and all. i know i'm not that good at even vanillia expert mode, but i'm just wondering if anyone has hit the walls i have or if i just suck that badly.

I am running mainly ranger in expert mode, its definitely a bit hard, try using terra bullets (crystal bullets + living shard), and if you are post-providence, the blissful bombardier is really good as well.

How about you freaking nerf the damn DoG and so he doesn't 1-shot everyone or how about fixing his damn AI so that he is beatable!? G-d forbid anyone beats your damn bosses! I attempted this boss 100 times and it's NOT FUN trying to beat a boss that's just a wall! A WALL! Not fun, no challenge just broken. I THANK YOU!

When people start making mods with items to intentionally 1-shot your boss or content you know you are doing something wrong! I enjoy the content and everything but nerf your damn bosses!

How about you freaking nerf the damn DoG and so he doesn't 1-shot everyone or how about fixing his damn AI so that he is beatable!? G-d forbid anyone beats your damn bosses! I attempted this boss 100 times and it's NOT FUN trying to beat a boss that's just a wall! A WALL! Not fun, no challenge just broken. I THANK YOU!

When people start making mods with items to intentionally 1-shot your boss or content you know you are doing something wrong! I enjoy the content and everything but nerf your damn bosses!
@xJake, you are free to offer your opinion, however, you are not free to start raging against another member here. There are other ways to express your opinion in a polite and constructive manner. Next time, if you chose to post again, please keep this in mind. Outbursts like the one you just made won't be tolerated here.

Jesus, being so angry about it won't get you anywhere. Nicely ask, and don't be mad if he doesn't get nerfed (because he probably won't). Learn his patterns and strategies.

Also, the "Butcher the DoG" thing is because as an easter egg they made it so that the Cheatsheet Butcher command doesn't work on the DoG, with him saying something along the lines of "You think you can butcher ME?".

If any nerfs are going to come to DoG I expect that would be a normal mode only thing. Expert mode is just that.. expert mode. It's supposed to be hard. And there's a damn reason the Revengeance item has a GIANT tooltip with large font saying "READ THIS FIRST".

This ^

Also, yelling at me to fix things or whining repeatedly will most likely earn that person a spot on my ignore list. Either that or I will just...not read that person's post? Which is what I did :p

Progress on 1.2 is going well by the way. The main things we need done are just a few more sprites as programming the items will not take me long. I got the hard stuff out of the way first.

This ^

Also, yelling at me to fix things or whining repeatedly will most likely earn that person a spot on my ignore list. Either that or I will just...not read that person's post? Which is what I did :p

Progress on 1.2 is going well by the way. The main things we need done are just a few more sprites as programming the items will not take me long. I got the hard stuff out of the way first.
Cant wait for the update, also since im a bit out of the loop only recently being back, what sort of stuff is going to be in 1.2? (stuff that may have already been teased and whatnot, dont want any spoiler that havent been shown yet).

Back
Top Bottom