tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
View attachment 186656

//Reposted. Adding image in wrong way in old post that make the image not show correctly, sorry!. (Used url in old post.+The old post was deleted)

I don't know where I can sent it.XD (It's Yharon. If you don't recognized) I'd say that I enjoy playing this mod very much. Thank for creating such a fun(and challenging) mod! I hope this mod will get better and better in future. I'm cheering!=v=

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong place to sent.

Pixiv Image Link: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=65500276

I wonder what Yharon's son (aka giant fluffy nugget) would look like in your artstyle. :nursetongue:

View attachment 186656

//Reposted. Adding image in wrong way in old post that make the image not show correctly, sorry!. (Used url in old post.+The old post was deleted)

I don't know where I can sent it.XD (It's Yharon. If you don't recognized) I'd say that I enjoy playing this mod very much. Thank for creating such a fun(and challenging) mod! I hope this mod will get better and better in future. I'm cheering!=v=

Pixiv Image Link: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=65500276
IT'S SO FLUFFY AND CUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAA :3

View attachment 186656

Props to you my dude this is great, nice work

View attachment 186656

Catman8274 couldn't handle the adorableness.

Such cute omg.

First a Butcher, then a Conference Call and now a Swordsplosion?
This is why calamity is my favorite mod. It gets my 2 favorite games together.
(Oh and why doesnt Swordsplosion's projectiles explode?)

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-25_21-37-55.png
    upload_2017-10-25_21-37-55.png
    23 KB · Views: 471
Which armor set is best for fighting DoG? I've been using Bloodflare, but it seems most people use Tarragon instead.

Also nice job on the surprise second phase, Calamity. Didn't see that coming. :confused:

Which armor set is best for fighting DoG? I've been using Bloodflare, but it seems most people use Tarragon instead.

Also nice job on the surprise second phase, Calamity. Didn't see that coming. :confused:
Bloodflare is recommended for the insane passive life regen. Though I learned that the only way to feasibly beat it is to kill the ravager over and over again until you get a wonderful accessory called the flesh totem. That will make all of his melee attacks do only half damage to you, which means that you can actually freakin survive his BULL:red: head ram in his second phase.

Armor: Bloodflare
Weapon: Viscera (Mythical)
Minion: Stardust Dragon (Ruthless, max length possible with current equipment)
Accessories: (All Warding) Argard's Valor, Flesh Totem, Heart of the Elements, Deific Amulet, The Absorber, Blood Pact, Sigil of Calamitas
Buffs: Yharim's Stimulants, Cadance, Endurance, Lifeforce, Regen, Magic Power, Mana Regen, Ironskin, Wrath, Well Fed
The Viscera was my weapon of choice because of its insane healing potential. The more enemies the weapon pierces, the more it heals you. Obviously, with the devourer's many segments and ability to summon tons of lesser enemies, you can see why this weapon would be useful in the fight.

Focus on killing his probes, especially if your health is low, and try to hit as many of them as possible with the beam. Once they're dead or there's few enough of them that you needn't worry about finishing them, focus on the devourer himself. Hit as many segments with the beam as possible. Most of the time, you can actually heal yourself faster than he can damage you, but don't get cocky and use that as your strategy. You'll need all the health you can for the second phase.

Once you're in his second phase, you need to actually start worrying about dodging. He won't spawn probes, so your only way of healing yourself is by damaging his body. Even though you can probably survive his normally fatal head attacks with the accessories I recommended, You still gotta worry about being hit. Every bit of health counts.
The Absorber can be substituted by the Seraph Tracers, but I found that you don't need them if you can time your jumps correctly and have the Cosmic Car Key. The UFO mount is EXTREMELY useful when he's in his ground attack mode (Purple Sky) because you can just float above him and he can't reach you. Just make sure to be close enough to the ground that you can fall down quickly for when he goes into airborne attack mode (Blue Sky).
If you have the Alchemist NPC mod, which I recommend, You can craft an accessory called the Autoinjector.

What that does is: Regenerate health, Increase invulnerability time, Reduce healing potion cooldown time, and grants immunity to Knockback, Fire, Cursed Flames, Ichor, Frostburn, Frozen, and Chilled.

On top of that, it gives you the following buffs for as long as you have it on: Rage, Wrath, Ironskin, Swiftness, Endurance, Lifeforce, Summoning, Obsidian Skin, Magic Power, Mana Regeneration, Archery, Ammo Reservation, and Thorns.

Yeah, it's insane. All those buffs are compacted into a single buff called "Universal Combination", so you can have even more buffs on top of that, though you can't have any of the buffs listed above.Yharim's Stimulants and Cadance are able to be used on top of the buffs provided above, so that's one thing to keep in mind.

I recommend using this accessory over the Sigil of Calamitas.

Last edited:
is it just me or theres anybody else here that uses calamity mod and for some reason there are no mobs spawning (not even from vanilla or from other mods)

Try making a new character and world to see if it's something your characters have. If not, then i don't know.
nope, almost not even a critter, i just went into a mod biome that im 100% sure that spawns lots of mobs, not a single life arround except for a halloween zombie (actualy when i made a new char a few days ago when the glitch started the only mobs i could find was halloween themed like ravens and event zombies)

nope, almost not even a critter, i just went into a mod biome that im 100% sure that spawns lots of mobs, not a single life arround except for a halloween zombie (actualy when i made a new char a few days ago when the glitch started the only mobs i could find was halloween themed like ravens and event zombies)
How strange. What i like to do is drink a Zerg potion, a Battle potion, hold out a Water candle, and use cheatsheet for an extra x30 spawn rate.

How strange. What i like to do is drink a Zerg potion, a Battle potion, hold out a Water candle, and use cheatsheet for an extra x30 spawn rate.
nopes, nopes everywhere :\ battle potion was the last thing i used, right now im with a goblim army invading my vilage, if turn off calamity mod the event will flow normaly with all goblins spawning (and any other mobs too), but if i turn on calamity mod not even the event progress bar shows up

is there any changelog for this mod?
because i'm very curious even a little changes

and now when i play calamity post-yharon, moon events (frost, pumpkin) and solar eclipse bosses are always dissapearing when in sight

Last edited:
@MountainDrew
One of my new least favorite things about this otherwise amazing mod is the comparatively tiny size of Yharon's arena. Means I have to fly upward in order to effectively dodge his attacks. Problem with that is that if you're over a certain height from the ground, the tornadoes he shoots will be INSTANT AND UNAVOIDABLE 800 DAMAGE, since they will appear directly on top of you the instant they touch you.

If I were to make a few suggestions to the devs to make Yharon's fight a bit less irritating: Increase the size of the arena by half, or try to make it encompass the entire jungle if possible, and make Yharon's tornadoes work like Duke Fishron's, where they spawn after like half a second of making contact.

The tornado thing will make airborne tornadoes NOT be instant death, which will make having to repeatedly fight him less painful and more fun. The only thing that makes the fight not fun is the stupid tornadoes being instant, unavoidable 800 damage through armor, with max possible health is somewhere around 1000 and all other attacks do like 300 damage through armor. For the record, the tornadoes themselves aren't hard to dodge. It's the airborne ones that are IMPOSSIBLE to dodge.

Besides that, my only other complaint is that polterghast's projectiles do way too much damage. Avoiding contact damage isn't hard due to the way he moves, but the bouncing projectiles can be a pain in the :red: to dodge.

Those are my only complaints. This is an amazing mod and you really did a good job with it. Keep up the good work

Would it be possible to add a toggle option for the zoom ability on the Daedalus Emblem and Elemental Quiver? Sometimes that zoom can really obnoxious whenever there's something in need of right-clicking (doors, switches, chests, you name it), but it's a pain to have to be constantly switching it to vanity every single time, and foregoing those accessories entirely means losing out on far too much utility. Perhaps being able to use the "visible on character" toggle to turn it on/off?

Would it be possible to add a toggle option for the zoom ability on the Daedalus Emblem and Elemental Quiver? Sometimes that zoom can really obnoxious whenever there's something in need of right-clicking (doors, switches, chests, you name it), but it's a pain to have to be constantly switching it to vanity every single time, and foregoing those accessories entirely means losing out on far too much utility. Perhaps being able to use the "visible on character" toggle to turn it on/off?
Wasn't the zooming feature removed months ago?

Wasn't the zooming feature removed months ago?

If it was, I genuinely didn't know. The wiki still implies that the Elemental Quiver has it, and yeah I know the wiki isn't up-to-date, but when it's the only thing you have to go on, it's what you tend to believe.

If it's already removed, though, then sweet!

All right, I finished the Calamity mod to the extent that I'm going to, and felt compelled enough to create an account to make this post. Overall, I greatly enjoyed the mod and the vast majority of the bosses felt challenging but balanced. As a veteran of all 3 Dark Souls games and Undertale, I appreciated many of the references in both the npcs and the boss fights. Really, the reason why I am making this post is the current state of Supreme Calamitas, which I feel is problematic. Of course take this with a grain of salt, as always, but hopefully some of this feedback is relevant or helpful...

I managed to beat the old Supreme Calamitas without much of a problem, the most recent version though -- things are a bit absurd in my opinion. I am not really sure the 'bullet hell' phases add much besides unnecessary frustration. I don't think that Terraria is really designed for bullet hell with its janky movement and less than perfect performance. My personal feeling is that if I wanted to play bullet hell, I would play Undertale. That said, the updated boss fight is clearly not impossible, and intended to be much more difficult. From the perspective of a game developer, I understand why the final boss is extremely challenging; it's the last fight in the modded game, after that there's no more bonus content. However, I feel that in its current state the Supreme Calamitas boss fight a bit too difficult and frustrating with the added bullet hell phases. Just for some context, it took me over 50 attempts to beat the Fume Knight in Dark Souls 2; that was the boss fight that nearly broke me. Yet, I kept trying and the Fume Knight is now my favorite boss in the Souls series. However, after about 10 real attempts at Supreme Calamitas, I feel more like giving up rather than try to master the bullet hell phases. I enjoyed the rest of the Calamity mod a lot and still think it's the best Terraria mod out there, but the updated last fight leaves a bad taste.

If you were to rebalance the Supreme Calamitas fight, you might consider reducing the damage of the hellblasts (and increasing the maximum player hits by 5-10 to compensate), slightly lowering their speed, or simply reduce the number of hellblasts on the screen. I think the biggest problem is that there are times when the hellblasts clump together and are almost impossible to dodge. This leads to massive damage that feels unavoidable, and leads to a domino effect for the player where they can't heal anywhere near the damage they sustain.

Hopefully this has been helpful anyway. I look forward to future versions of Calamity. Cheers and keep up the great work! :)

(Edit: With high damage reduction, it's possible to reduce the hellblasts to ~300 damage each. Trying to tank them, without cheating, will result in the mod thinking you are cheating and instantly killing you about halfway through the fight. I wish there was a better anti-cheat mechanic, but tweaking the maximum number of hits before the auto-slay is another possible balance option.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom