tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So this is a sort of meta question, but are we free to contribute to the mod's wiki if we feel inclined, or is there some element of preference in who does or does not contribute for the sake of ensuring accuracy? I'm kinda assuming it's "come one, come all", but I figured I might as well double-check.

So, it says the mod gave an error when loading...
The mod version I have is 1.2.2.7
The tModLoader version I have is 0.10.1
The Terraria version I have is 1.3.5.2
Don't actually know if version had something to do with it.
The error log given is the following in red:
Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum(TypeReference enum_type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArrayArgument(ArrayType type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments(CustomAttribute attribute, Collection`1 parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature(CustomAttribute attribute)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.<Resolve>b__34_0(CustomAttribute attribute, MetadataReader reader)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments()
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadCustomAttributes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadType(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadTypes(Collection`1 types)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadModule(ModuleDefinition module)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

Could anybody help me out here? Thanks in advance!

So this is a sort of meta question, but are we free to contribute to the mod's wiki if we feel inclined, or is there some element of preference in who does or does not contribute for the sake of ensuring accuracy? I'm kinda assuming it's "come one, come all", but I figured I might as well double-check.

Yes, you're welcome to contribute. It's much easier to know what needs to be done for the wiki if you are part of the Discord server though (if you edit enough and make quality edits you will be given specific roles): https://discord.gg/9kXd2PG

MountainDrew literally said that he's NOT removing the hit cap.
I understand. Thanks for the response anyways. I guess I will have to keep trying and rage quit until my damn :red:ty computer that can't display a resolution higher than 1280x720 breaks into small pieces:joy:
Still, I have another question: Are boss mechanics updated monthly?

So, it says the mod gave an error when loading...
The mod version I have is 1.2.2.7
The tModLoader version I have is 0.10.1
The Terraria version I have is 1.3.5.2
Don't actually know if version had something to do with it.
The error log given is the following in red:
Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum(TypeReference enum_type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArrayArgument(ArrayType type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments(CustomAttribute attribute, Collection`1 parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature(CustomAttribute attribute)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.<Resolve>b__34_0(CustomAttribute attribute, MetadataReader reader)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments()
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadCustomAttributes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadType(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadTypes(Collection`1 types)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadModule(ModuleDefinition module)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

Could anybody help me out here? Thanks in advance!
Forget it, I figured out the whole "Verify Game Cache" thing...

little question because i didnt find anything about it in the wiki. do post moon lord bosses bypass invincibility? not saying i use cheats but i have at least one expert mode accesory from another mod that makes me impervious to damage (at the cost of other things like mobility, damage, regen, etc). was going to use it situationally against the Polterghast and when i activated it i got one shotted anyways (3rd phase, just wanted to lower his health to almost dead lvls then bunker myself with a plague hive).

I understand. Thanks for the response anyways. I guess I will have to keep trying and rage quit until my damn :red:ty computer that can't display a resolution higher than 1280x720 breaks into small pieces:joy:
Still, I have another question: Are boss mechanics updated monthly?

Yes I get it I kinda got mad because so many people are complaining about Supreme Calamitas these days instead of trying to beat it and saying that the mod is bad because of ONE boss.

And no I dont't think boss mechanics get changed every month they are just changed until they suit the progression

Does killing Supreme Calamitas in another world and working a lot in dodging and killing it in a new world with new character in a complete new playthrough makes me a cheater or what?
I don't know why but I felt really strange after I beat him in 1 try and he called me a cheater.

I love this mod so I'm replaying it (for like the 4th time) and this time in Revengeance Mode, I find the rate of gaining stress too high for farming and playing purposes while fighting bosses it is completely fine. The only real problem that comes up while playing is: at 6-10k stress you gain the Moonlord like screen tear (I think at 10k it is always, or random pauses) and I am physically not able to look at the screen for straight two minutes without getting a severe headache, every other debuff is fine because it does make it harder, but giving me a headache and some really bad times is literally too much for me. Is there any way I can disable or decrease the amount of tearing? I don't know if other players are having this problem, but I have this issue and it's crippling the game progression of mine insanely much. Would be nice if we could possibly find a solution to this because I really want to complete this playthrough.

I love this mod so I'm replaying it (for like the 4th time) and this time in Revengeance Mode, I find the rate of gaining stress too high for farming and playing purposes while fighting bosses it is completely fine. The only real problem that comes up while playing is: at 6-10k stress you gain the Moonlord like screen tear (I think at 10k it is always, or random pauses) and I am physically not able to look at the screen for straight two minutes without getting a severe headache, every other debuff is fine because it does make it harder, but giving me a headache and some really bad times is literally too much for me. Is there any way I can disable or decrease the amount of tearing? I don't know if other players are having this problem, but I have this issue and it's crippling the game progression of mine insanely much. Would be nice if we could possibly find a solution to this because I really want to complete this playthrough.

Using Retro Lighting (in options) will remove the screen tearing effect (you can use trippy too, if you hate yourself).

enemies wont spawn if fargo and calamity are enabled together :\ if i disable one of them, regardless if its fargo or calamity, everything comes back to normal, but only if both mods are enable that it will make enemies not spawning, it can be either a fargo or calamity glitch

enemies wont spawn if fargo and calamity are enabled together :\ if i disable one of them, regardless if its fargo or calamity, everything comes back to normal, but only if both mods are enable that it will make enemies not spawning, it can be either a fargo or calamity glitch

When I used both Calamity and Fargo for the first time, it happened to me too. I just restarted Terraria and it fixed itself.

When I used both Calamity and Fargo for the first time, it happened to me too. I just restarted Terraria and it fixed itself.
wish i could had the same luck, unfortunaly im posting this after retrying over and over again, normaly when something like that happens i stop playing terraria till the mod gets an update, just like it was when the mutant inventory from fargo wasnt selling even half of all the itens it should have because tremor mod was also enabled.
Right now im in the middle of a goblin army invasion, but since calamity and fargo mod are enabled the goblins wont invade and even the event progress bar disappear, i just need to turn off one of the mods for everything comes back to normal including the goblin invasion

just wanted to leave my appretiation for this mod before uninstalling it. i really liked lasting this long in Revengeance and getting the Waifu accesory along with other craftables that took a bit of time to gather. some of the boss drops were really cool, specially the Entropy's Vigil (i kinda wish there was a post moon lord version, or that you could upgrade it later on, the Calamitamini were really usefull in some situations).

however, the mod got me on the Post-Moon Lord stuff. i understand the concept behind Revengeance but there's a point where you get fed up dying again and again and again even with your best equipment and stats. Providence and the Polterghast gave some space to work around but i dont get how one is supposed to kill The Devourer of Gods, i tried all my arsenal against it potions, Sentries, Minions, even an endgame weapon from another mod for surviability purposes, have the best equipment i could get with 7 accesory slots (at this point there wasnt much to move in terms of accesories, everything became mandatory) and Tarragon Armor for the extra defense, my own Amphiteater for bosses/events, i even opted for the ocean because of the extra stats underwater.

but it was useless in the end. i've never been a master dodger, nor i have experience with the Rod of Discord, i dont see why some items have to be mandatory for a boss fight (Duke Fishron in this mode was just as unfair, had to turtle myself with an item because it was too much damage and mobility). i died a lot taking down the Polterghast until i was obligued to demolish a part of the Dungeon just to maneuver the last phase, this is bearable. but a worm boss with 5 phases that has absurd damage both in the head and that can spam lasers all around the screen is too much for me.

getting to phase 5 was a miracle i only achieved 3 or 4 times, but finishing it was just impossible. you should consider tuning down the damage creep. specially when classes like Summoner have so few equipment avaliable compared to the other classes.

anywys, i enjoyed your mod until that part. i can consider crafting the heart and getting past the Moon Lord a success. i wish i could have gotten to Supreme Calamitas...

EDIT:

ok im going to give a last try with the mod just because i liked it, but my point stays. the damage creep in Revengeance is too much, you should consider trimming it a bit.

Last edited:
just wanted to leave my appretiation for this mod before uninstalling it. i really liked lasting this long in Revengeance and getting the Waifu accesory along with other craftables that took a bit of time to gather. some of the boss drops were really cool, specially the Entropy's Vigil (i kinda wish there was a post moon lord version, or that you could upgrade it later on, the Calamitamini were really usefull in some situations).

however, the mod got me on the Post-Moon Lord stuff. i understand the concept behind Revengeance but there's a point where you get fed up dying again and again and again even with your best equipment and stats. Providence and the Polterghast gave some space to work around but i dont get how one is supposed to kill The Devourer of Gods, i tried all my arsenal against it potions, Sentries, Minions, even an endgame weapon from another mod for surviability purposes, have the best equipment i could get with 7 accesory slots (at this point there wasnt much to move in terms of accesories, everything became mandatory) and Tarragon Armor for the extra defense, my own Amphiteater for bosses/events, i even opted for the ocean because of the extra stats underwater.

but it was useless in the end. i've never been a master dodger, nor i have experience with the Rod of Discord, i dont see why some items have to be mandatory for a boss fight (Duke Fishron in this mode was just as unfair, had to turtle myself with an item because it was too much damage and mobility). i died a lot taking down the Polterghast until i was obligued to demolish a part of the Dungeon just to maneuver the last phase, this is bearable. but a worm boss with 5 phases that has absurd damage both in the head and that can spam lasers all around the screen is too much for me.

getting to phase 5 was a miracle i only achieved 3 or 4 times, but finishing it was just impossible. you should consider tuning down the damage creep. specially when classes like Summoner have so few equipment avaliable compared to the other classes.

anywys, i enjoyed your mod until that part. i can consider crafting the heart and getting past the Moon Lord a success. i wish i could have gotten to Supreme Calamitas...

EDIT:

ok im going to give a last try with the mod just because i liked it, but my point stays. the damage creep in Revengeance is too much, you should consider trimming it a bit.
there's plenty of guides online for how you can beat the Devourer of Gods, RoD isn't necessary but it does make it easier and fighting it underwater seems like a bad idea and seeing as you can get him down to phase 5 it is clearly possible for you, you shouldn't expect everything you fight to die the 2nd or 3rd time post-ml.

it's because fargos had an update disabling enemy spawns if world shaper or soul of dimensions is equipped. just toggle vanity and it should be fine

Hello, I have a bug. When playing with Calamity and spawning a Calamity boss with own music, the game lags for a moment and music stops playing and lows to 0%. If in battle I try to increase it, the bar don't moves and forcibly goes to 0%. This bug is very annoying, I want to hear the epic DM Dokuro's music. I've tried reinstalling the mod, but nothing... what should I do?

I wonder what makes you say that, since i have those two mods along many others and enemies spawn fine. Maybe I am just lucky.
[doublepost=1510495580,1510495496][/doublepost]
Hello, I have a bug. When playing with Calamity and spawning a Calamity boss with own music, the game lags for a moment and music stops playing and lows to 0%. If in battle I try to increase it, the bar don't moves and forcibly goes to 0%. This bug is very annoying, I want to hear the epic DM Dokuro's music. I've tried reinstalling the mod, but nothing... what should I do?
Try going to youtube, play the music you are looking for, right click the video timer and click "loop". I do it all the time so i can listen to lots of cool music/songs.
[doublepost=1510495729][/doublepost]And MountainDrew, I think Yharon is glitched because I was fighting him in the 2nd phase when he did these super mega dashes and eventually he flew so far away and he despawned and the infernadoes at the edges of the jungle disappeared. Can you fix this?

it's because fargos had an update disabling enemy spawns if world shaper or soul of dimensions is equipped. just toggle vanity and it should be fine
yeah fargo quoted my reply saying that its the builder soul, and he was right, disabling it makes the enemies spawn again, thx
[doublepost=1510516648,1510516496][/doublepost]
I wonder what makes you say that, since i have those two mods along many others and enemies spawn fine. Maybe I am just lucky.
[doublepost=1510495580,1510495496][/doublepost]
Try going to youtube, play the music you are looking for, right click the video timer and click "loop". I do it all the time so i can listen to lots of cool music/songs.
[doublepost=1510495729][/doublepost]And MountainDrew, I think Yharon is glitched because I was fighting him in the 2nd phase when he did these super mega dashes and eventually he flew so far away and he despawned and the infernadoes at the edges of the jungle disappeared. Can you fix this?
looks like it wasnt a matter of luck, the problem is that i was using the builder soul, fargo said that using result in enemies not spawning, anyway now everything works just fine

Back
Top Bottom