tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So I downloaded the zip with the newest version of calamity mod (1.2.4.203) and extracted it. After extracting it I've put this zip's content to the terraria folder. Is that all I had to do in order for this version of this mod to work? And also does the older version of this mod on the mod browser has to be enabled or not?

Is the Brimstone Elemental suppose to spend 99% of the fight in an invulnerable "see-through" state? And are she and Cryogen suppose to spend most of their time sitting in(and moving with) the player doing nonstop contact damage? This is in expert, pre-Golem, non-revengeance.

Is the Brimstone Elemental suppose to spend 99% of the fight in an invulnerable "see-through" state? And are she and Cryogen suppose to spend most of their time sitting in(and moving with) the player doing nonstop contact damage? This is in expert, pre-Golem, non-revengeance.

Either you're out of the biome you need to fight them in, or your game has something (peharps a mod) that affects their invulnerability while teleporting.

if you can handle normal terraria, you should be able to play still... but unless your computer is somewhat bulky, expect lag
Well I don't have a pc, I am planning buying one, but I don't know if it will run Terraria I think it will (I posted a thread asking if the pc I'm planning buy can handle Terraria but nobody response) so "I'm lost" in the theme.

I haven't read all 608 pages to find out if questions asked previously. I am used to using a mod manager like Nexus or Crycrow's (X Series).

Downloaded mod zip, pasted file into modloader/mod folder. Fired up Terraria and start screen same. No indications about mod, version info same as yesterday (pre mod, v1.3.5.3)Tested: Tried crafting two of the vanilla find only items (Hermes Boots, with 10 silk; and Ice machine with snow, iceblocks and lead bar) with old character, no luck. Tried old character new world and then tried new character in new world with items from old character. Is there any way to know at start mod is working? I checked the mod FAQ with nil success and there are 608 pages relating to mod in forum, looked at first and last few.

Do I need a mod loader? The how to install, page one of this thread suggested not.

Sorry, disregard above. I skipped ahead. Of course mod authors don't bother mentioning that you need to have the tModloader installed in the Terraria folder, that'd be like a cake recipe telling you to go to supermarket and buy the ingredients or first find a kitchen.

I've done the install, and got to the screen with available mods.

I play Terraria for the finding of new things/places, the building and even more so the 'what can I make with the new material I found/made'. Any suggestions on mods compatible with Calamity mod? More missions and/or RPG elements would be good, but the hints the Guide gives and exploring on own do keep me playing.

Either you're out of the biome you need to fight them in, or your game has something (peharps a mod) that affects their invulnerability while teleporting.

I fought brim in the "eye" part of the calamity biome, but I had previously cleared out the inner part so it would work better as an arena. I tried going to the spikey upper part of the biome but it seems like she stays in that invulnerable "see-through" state unless I stay within a few tiles of the biome blocks. And just like Crygogen, about 60% of the time she's not in that state she sits inside the player sprite and if I try moving away she moves with me.

Could it be the leveled mod that's causing this? I heard that there were some compatibility issues with using it with Calamity but the only issues I've come across that seem buggy are these and a boss from Spirit mod.

Can someone help me? Version 1.2.4.203 of calamity mod isn't working. I downloaded, extracted the zip and put zip's content into terraria folder and nothing is happening.

Is there any lore for the polterghast yet?

Not yet.

Can anyone help me with the celestial onion problem?

Did you use an item from another mod that gives you an additional accessory slot?

I fought brim in the "eye" part of the calamity biome, but I had previously cleared out the inner part so it would work better as an arena. I tried going to the spikey upper part of the biome but it seems like she stays in that invulnerable "see-through" state unless I stay within a few tiles of the biome blocks. And just like Crygogen, about 60% of the time she's not in that state she sits inside the player sprite and if I try moving away she moves with me.

Could it be the leveled mod that's causing this? I heard that there were some compatibility issues with using it with Calamity but the only issues I've come across that seem buggy are these and a boss from Spirit mod.

It's most likely Levelled that's doing it. Not sure how, though.

Can someone help me? Version 1.2.4.203 of calamity mod isn't working. I downloaded, extracted the zip and put zip's content into terraria folder and nothing is happening.

Did you download tModloader? If so, just paste it in the Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods folder.

I used the Celestial Onion and it didn't work for me. Any tips or help?
I can confirm that any other mod that has an item to add a 7th accessory slot won't allow you to have any more slots. So if you already have a 7th accessory slot, the Celestial Onion will do nothing. The only other mods I know that add such items is Elemental Unleash and I think More Accessories. I don't know the exact name of the second mod one off the top of my head since I can't directly check right now.

Not yet.

Did you use an item from another mod that gives you an additional accessory slot?

Did you download tModloader? If so, just paste it in the Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods folder.

I can confirm that any other mod that has an item to add a 7th accessory slot won't allow you to have any more slots. So if you already have a 7th accessory slot, the Celestial Onion will do nothing. The only other mods I know that add such items is Elemental Unleash and I think More Accessories. I don't know the exact name of the second mod one off the top of my head since I can't directly check right now.

Well, I have Elemental Unleash and A mod for a reserved spot for Wings only. But, I looked at a youtuber who is using the same mods, and it worked for him. That's why i'm a bit confused here.

EDIT:
This is a screenshot of what it should look like:
46c4e964191751928ec9bfad1ca1dba0.png

I used the onion and didn't get that seventh slot on the main row.

Last edited:
Is there any plan to fix the Revengeance item overwriting hotbar slot 0 in Mediumcore? When you die, it replaces whatever's in that slot before dropping all your items.

Edit: Also, would it be possible to put Chaotic Ore lower on the Metal Detector scale? It's not like you really need the Detector to find it and it makes finding Titanium/Adamantite a lot more annoying.

Last edited:

All I can think of is it was a combination of the leveled mod and multiplayer. Disabled the leveled mod and it seems to have fixed the "sitting on the player" issue with Cryogen. I think it was indeed a teleport issue since Cryogen now does the "teleport>dash into the player>teleport" stuff during the latter part of the fight, and it didn't do that before. I haven't gone back and tested the Brimstone Elemental yet.

Well, I have Elemental Unleash and A mod for a reserved spot for Wings only. But, I looked at a youtuber who is using the same mods, and it worked for him. That's why i'm a bit confused here.

EDIT:
This is a screenshot of what it should look like:
46c4e964191751928ec9bfad1ca1dba0.png

I used the onion and didn't get that seventh slot on the main row.
So you have 6 accessory slots when you use the item and it isn't working? That certainly sounds like a glitch. Elemental Unleash's item to add a 7th slot shouldn't be getting in the way, especially since you can get the onion before you get Elemental Unleash's item. How did you get the screenshot to have 7 accessory slots? Did it come from the YouTuber?

Back
Top Bottom