tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
If you use Fargo's Mod, one of its NPCs sells a summoning item for the Leviathan after defeating her. Sure it's not quite the same thing as this mod itself having a summoning item, but it's a solution you can use now.

My problem isn't the fact that I can't spawn it at my leisure, my problem is that fact that it quickly becomes a nuisance enemy and shouldn't respawn naturally since it's a boss.

My problem isn't the fact that I can't spawn it at my leisure, my problem is that fact that it quickly becomes a nuisance enemy and shouldn't respawn naturally since it's a boss.
If you don't mind cheating, there's Cheat Sheet that has a feature to disable specific NPCs. However, I think it just instantly kills them or something. I don't know if it would effectively get rid of that enemy or if it won't cause the boss to spawn. Otherwise, as it is now, there's no way to stop that enemy from spawning.

You can make it disappear by flying and getting away of the ocean and then returning to keep doing whatever you were doing.
-ing

I've been getting an error with Calamity lately, from both the download on Mediafire and from the mod browser. Included below is the error log.

The texture file at NPCs/Leviathan/Leviathan.png failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()

Is there anything I can do about this?

Looks like a memory issue. Did you run out RAM while loading Terraria? Calamity is a huge mod. Are you running other large mods with it? Terraria can only handle up to 3 GB of RAM before it'll always crash when trying to past the menu.

I noticed today that my Zen potions disappeared and apparently recipe for them is gone. It doesn't even show up in Recipe Browser. How is this possible?

Looks like a memory issue. Did you run out RAM while loading Terraria? Calamity is a huge mod. Are you running other large mods with it? Terraria can only handle up to 3 GB of RAM before it'll always crash when trying to past the menu.

I've got a few big mods, though the game still runs fine, it just doesn't consistently load Calamity. I haven't worked out what the difference is, but sometimes after updating mods (Not downgrading Calamity in the mod browser) Calamity will load properly and sometimes it won't, but whenever it doesn't load it gives out that same error.

I've got a few big mods, though the game still runs fine, it just doesn't consistently load Calamity. I haven't worked out what the difference is, but sometimes after updating mods (Not downgrading Calamity in the mod browser) Calamity will load properly and sometimes it won't, but whenever it doesn't load it gives out that same error.
I didn't. I'm on Calamity 1.2.4.2 according to my mods list.

so...is there a good reason why the Devourer of Gods, which was already stupid hard, was made even harder by having an invincibility phase?

Are the brimstone elemental and hive mind supposed to have so much invincibility frames? It feels like the biome detection is bugging out and making those bosses in particular a headache to grind.

Are the brimstone elemental and hive mind supposed to have so much invincibility frames? It feels like the biome detection is bugging out and making those bosses in particular a headache to grind.
during their teleportation time they are invincible

during their teleportation time they are invincible
If that's the case is there a way to bait out less teleportation? I get like a quarter of a second sometimes to do damage to the boss between every cycle of waiting around, dodging the projectiles and then dodging the trio of :red: my :red: up projectiles.

so...is there a good reason why the Devourer of Gods, which was already stupid hard, was made even harder by having an invincibility phase?
I'm not sure why this change happened. There does seem to be a difficulty creep as this mod keeps updating due to bosses getting harder and items getting weaker, including other mechanics. One such mechanic is the soft cap of 75% damage increase on Revengeance mode. I think in a previous update it was a hard cap.

Is the item that fixed the world generation spawns and stuff still in the mod? Because I cannot find a single cryonic ore

Is the item that fixed the world generation spawns and stuff still in the mod? Because I cannot find a single cryonic ore
That thing was removed centuries ago, I believe. And all ores spawn correctly, so you should keep searching. Anyways, after you defeat a mechanical boss the Cryo Slimes start spawning (and these drop cryonic ore).

That thing was removed centuries ago, I believe. And all ores spawn correctly, so you should keep searching. Anyways, after you defeat a mechanical boss the Cryo Slimes start spawning (and these drop cryonic ore).
then it must be rare as hell because I can't find any even with spelunker or my underground snow got messed up because it's partially underground crimson snow

then it must be rare as hell because I can't find any even with spelunker or my underground snow got messed up because it's partially underground crimson snow

If you really want them and it isn't condtions (though, I believe they can spawn in the cavern layers too, not just the snow biome.), try a Zerg Potion, make sure you're in the right place.

Slimes for days.

(To get a Zerg potion, you'll need about...5/6 things. 1 bottle, 1 Deathweed, 2 murky sludge, 1 Vertebrae/Rotten Chunk, and 1 Demonic Bone ash. fill the bottle with water, make a Battle Potion using the newly made water bottle, Deathweed, and Vertebrae (Crimson)/Rotten Chunk (Corruption. Then using the newly made Battle potion (which increases spawn rates), craft the Zerg Potion using the Battle Potion, Demonic Bone Ash, and Murky Sludge. This,when used, will give you a buff called Zerg, which increases spawn rates by 30X, or about 3000%. The Buff lasts for 10 minutes and can be removed by right clicking it, just like any other buffs (Debuffs can't be removed.). This method of getting Zerg Potions requires and Alchemy table to use for the crafting station, atleast for the zerg potion part. The battle potion may be made at a bottle on a shelf, but I'd suggest making it at an alchemy table, as it may save you materials.)

(Another method is a post-Providence way, Blood Orb farming. It's unlocked post moon lord but isn't as effective until you can get Bloodflare stuff. You'll need 1 Water Bottle and 20 blood orbs to get. But by this time you wouldn't need Cryo ore. Crafted at the Ancient Manipulator.)

Blood Orbs-10% chance to drop during blood moons (after Moon Lord) from enemies. 50% when Bloodflare armor is equipped (Set Bonus)
Bottles-sand+furnace. Go near water (Above a platform will do) to craft a water bottle.
Deathweed-Near the evil parts of a world
Vertebrae/Rotten Chunk-Dropped by Crimson/Corruption enemies respectively
Murky Sludge-about 20% droprate from a few enemies, Mother Slime, Crimslime, or Corrupt Slimes
Demonic Bone Ash-Bone Serpents drop these.

Hopefully that'll help a little.

I believe we (3 people playing on my server) have found a few bugs. This is all in expert, not with revengeance or death active, on a server run through the console. Other active mods are: Recipe Browser, Yet Another Boss Health Bar, Infinity - Endless Items, Magic Storage, Boss Checklist and Wing Slot. None of them seem like they could interfere and create the following issues:

Whenever someone dies while fighting Bumblebirb and while having his aggro, even if there are other players alive and nearby, it immediately despawns.

When fighting Yharon and he enters the final phase after recovering health, the Bumblebirbs that spawn are completely invisible (but still hurt), and the AI used is the teleport pattern from the previous phase and not the charging one that I can see him using in videos from a few days ago (and what the Gamepedia wiki describes). It also seems like he's dealing more contact damage than he's supposed to, between 600-1000 (with 200 defense and some other damage reducing items), and that's while staying in the arena so he's not enraged. It's basically preventing us from progressing further since it's so unbelievably hard, which is why I'm making this post in the first place.

Any gun that fires very quickly, such as the Minigun or SDFMG, has the vast majority of its bullets shoot straight through many boss enemies such as DoG and Yharon without dealing any damage at all, or (with homing bullets) it hits them and still deals no damage. This does not affect any slower-firing guns or bows.

The sprite for the Staff of the Mechworm minion is extremely buggy for everyone except for the person who summoned it. It frequently splits up into several individually moving parts, and sometimes randomly starts growing until one small section fills up like 20x20 tiles, after which it shrinks down to normal size and starts growing again. Here is a picture: https://imgur.com/a/fFwDq

Heart of the Elements waifus are usually completely invisible to other players, or just a few of them are visible. Now arguably this is a good thing for less visual clutter, but it still seems like a bug since the behavior is not consistent and it doesn't happen with other minions. Also, this is not a bug but a suggestion, how about making all waifus a single buff so the item doesn't take up 5 slots in the buff bar (a problem if you use a lot of potions).

Back
Top Bottom