tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,582 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
wtf is wrong with that calamity mod.. i watch many video to know how to beat certain boss, but they are unbeatable in my game, i got curse that other player dont have in their videos ... im SLOWED AS :red: during Devourer of God and he one shot me .... and he :red:ing immune to damage and one shot me.. and i got the latest version of the mod ... really guys this mod was looking awesome from the video i seen on YouTube, but lots of change have been mad all weapon have been nerf, i got lower damage than what i see on video that make me really sad for this mod that was looking good, but boss just one shot me even with 230 armor and 1030hp .... thats kindda stupid

wtf is wrong with that calamity mod.. i watch many video to know how to beat certain boss, but they are unbeatable in my game, i got curse that other player dont have in their videos ... im SLOWED AS :red: during Devourer of God and he one shot me .... and he :red:ing immune to damage and one shot me.. and i got the latest version of the mod ... really guys this mod was looking awesome from the video i seen on YouTube, but lots of change have been mad all weapon have been nerf, i got lower damage than what i see on video that make me really sad for this mod that was looking good, but boss just one shot me even with 230 armor and 1030hp .... thats kindda stupid

wow. I don't even know how to tell you this. The Devourer of Gods is not for amateurs. You go up against him with LESS than 1500 health, and you basically become a glass pistol. Not even a cannon, just a water pistol, made of glass. The Devourer of Gods is FAST. Mounts are not allowed, and there are two separate attack states he has. In the first, you have decreased gravity (meaning you fly up faster, and fall down slower). The second is where you are not slowed, but jump height is cut in half, as is flight time. These states change every 15 seconds (ideally, however your PC might be slower. It's 15 Terrarian minutes).

Also, to make matters worse, if you are playing Revengeance or Death mode, all enemy attack, health, and defense skyrockets. More so than expert worlds alone. And in death mode, the DoG actually DOES one-shot you if he bites you. Period. There is not even a way to mitigate the damage to stay alive just a bit longer, so far as I can tell.

I think you need to worry less about the defense stat, and more about DAMAGE REDUCTION, and MOVEMENT SPEED modifiers. If you had ANY troubles with Providence, or the sentinels, or Polterghast, expect 10x worse at LEAST from the DoG. This is an enormous worm that eats :red:ing GODS, dude. And last I checked, the only god that survived a fight with him was Providence, and only because it had hidden itself so well from the sentinels.

In addition, get the best gear and equipment this mod has to offer at your point in game. Anything that reduces contact damage from enemies is a must. Make an arena FILLED with campfires, heart lanterns, and make sure you have a lot of head room. And if the weapon that the person in your video used was the Lacerator, DON'T. It was nerfed BECAUSE it was too OP against the Devourer of Gods. If you want to know what I used, I had Thorium installed as well, and I went at him with a Mjolnir, and an Unreal Quasar's Flare. Back then the quasar's flare would actually launch any arrows you fed it, but it still returns 10% of all damage dealt as health. I learned quickly that piercing weapons and explosive weapons are no good. Melee is impractical, and summons are only good if they deal continuous damage. Magic is hazardous, without a source of mana nearby you will be waiting in between attacks just to refuel. All that leaves is ranged, which poses another problem. Most ranged weapons at that point are powerful BECAUSE THEY PIERCE, OR EXPLODE. The Daedalus Stormbow, or it's upgrade the Clockwork Bow, are pretty good with Bloodflare arrows, or Elysian arrows. Rapid-firing guns are also good with a healthy (or infinite) supply of ammo. Especially the Shredder, simply for multiple impacts (even at low damage, it adds up when the bullets bounce around and hit multiple segments). Potions, potions, potions. Potions for health, damage, defense, speed, everything except the ones for fishing, basically. Bloodflare armor at LEAST, and make sure to bring Health potions, the OMEGA ones specifically.

Again, do not treat this boss lightly. He borders on being defined as a Superboss. Oh, and before you actually beat him, if you haven't already beaten the Frost moon and the Pumpkin moon, do so now, because once he's dead, they get seriously amped up in difficulty. Just a friendly tip!

Do not think this post will be accurate in the future, though. This is not the end of the edits for the DoG, and he could get a helluva lot worse.

My only other advice is to git gud, bruh. Because you're going up against someone who already is. I generally face him with several immense buffs and boosts active, around 2000-3000 health, multiple Sons of Yharon and an unreal Hell Storm from tremor, along with my trusty Legendary Burning Sky. I get a (roughly) 30% success rate in death mode, and a 100% success rate in revengeance mode. I still need to improve on my reflexes and timing, but I think I have got a good strategy down.

EDIT: Whoops. I forgot my most useful weapon along with the quasar's flare, the Elemental Disk. It has the ability to split apart and make a huge mess of the enemy, and go through blocks. It is either a melee weapon, or a throwing weapon, and it IS available pre-DoG. Try using that!

Last edited:

The DoG is no joke, he took me a while to take out. I may not have had as much armor as you did, but there's certain items that CAN help you.

If you're not playing in Death Mode, consider the Flesh Totem, as it'll half all contact damage dealt to you. This is PRICELESS if you're having trouble avoiding this boss. And this boss prioritizes on ramming anyways. So if you can't dodge it good enough and you aren't playing in Death Mode, consider this. The second thing you'll want is the Seraph tracers. These are probably the most important boots in the mod, especially for post moon lord. They function as speed AND great wings. Wing time may be halved throughout the DoG's fight, but these will still let you get the job done. Assuming you have the right arena. The next thing I'd suggest is mainly optional, but handy. The Asgard's Valor provides Knock back Immunity, a Ram, a bit of defense, and some other good parts. But the ram is the important part. This ram, if spammed properly, can let you keep up with the DoG's pace...which you really just wanna avoid it. So this is just handy for really close calls OR when you're trying to do a close range U turn. The Blissful Bombadier from Providence works good for far range, and Lacerator works good close range (If it's all bundled up, you get that crazy damage being applied to a load of it.).

The real tricky part is the 2nd Form. This is where you'll really want 2 platforms. The top one should be atleast 25-40 blocks above your last, if not higher. Otherwise the DoG, while ramming, will come up and munch on you. Which is, to say the least, bad. The Laser Walls begin spawning, and as long as you know how to slip through them, aren't too much of a problem. I know this didn't help much, but...well...

DoG's not meant to be an easy boss.

I'm trying to post my current rant based on my new progression with this mod :
  • Why does there a mob that has 1000+ life in Pre-HM desert underground ? They spawn quite a lot. Spams water bolt and moreover they slip through blocks. Fortunately they're stupid and easy to get stuck at small corridor.
  • How do Pitbulls balanced ? They spawn freely at night, hard-to-knockback, deal quite damage, and charges super fast. Not that i can't deal with it, but they are far above current monster standard

well my question is how is that guy spawned at that level

also just my opinion, the drop rate for many item/accessories/weaponry are too high at least for my taste.
Is there any way to tune them ?

THIS. That annoying armor that all the Pre-HM bosses drop, in particular. And the weapons in general. What's the point of the Wulfram gear otherwise?

Ok, so this has been driving me insane. Where the hell is the BOHLDOHR supposed to appear? I have at LEAST 2500 banners for those Lizhards and winged serpents, and still no sign. 40+ times I've upRooted Plantera, and S.C. is absolutely bored with my constant killing spree. Does BOHLDOHR really appear in the jungle temple? Or does it only appear if you use something like Cheat Sheet to spawn it? I would really like to meet this 'Lorde' and axe him a few questions...;)

BOHLDOHR has issues spawning with other mods like Thorium installed due to other modded monsters overriding its spawn. Otherwise with just Calamity they spawn fine for me.

Hey, I just wanted to know, Is there a list of mods that conflict with this?
Even mods that would override the enemy spawns.
Sorry if this has been asked before and I didn't see it.

long text
Oh, I will definitely try the zerg method, the only reason I need cryotic is because the only gun upgrade I can make early hardmode is from cryotic

Ok well, after a few minutes of zerg potion both above and underground, I managed to get 0 cryo slimes even tho I already defeated 1 mech boss. I'm starting to think it's because of spirit mod

Last edited:
The DoG is no joke, he took me a while to take out. I may not have had as much armor as you did, but there's certain items that CAN help you.

If you're not playing in Death Mode, consider the Flesh Totem, as it'll half all contact damage dealt to you. This is PRICELESS if you're having trouble avoiding this boss. And this boss prioritizes on ramming anyways. So if you can't dodge it good enough and you aren't playing in Death Mode, consider this. The second thing you'll want is the Seraph tracers. These are probably the most important boots in the mod, especially for post moon lord. They function as speed AND great wings. Wing time may be halved throughout the DoG's fight, but these will still let you get the job done. Assuming you have the right arena. The next thing I'd suggest is mainly optional, but handy. The Asgard's Valor provides Knock back Immunity, a Ram, a bit of defense, and some other good parts. But the ram is the important part. This ram, if spammed properly, can let you keep up with the DoG's pace...which you really just wanna avoid it. So this is just handy for really close calls OR when you're trying to do a close range U turn. The Blissful Bombadier from Providence works good for far range, and Lacerator works good close range (If it's all bundled up, you get that crazy damage being applied to a load of it.).

The real tricky part is the 2nd Form. This is where you'll really want 2 platforms. The top one should be atleast 25-40 blocks above your last, if not higher. Otherwise the DoG, while ramming, will come up and munch on you. Which is, to say the least, bad. The Laser Walls begin spawning, and as long as you know how to slip through them, aren't too much of a problem. I know this didn't help much, but...well...

DoG's not meant to be an easy boss.
Aleeady have all those item ahah xD maybe ill try and try until im not one shot, mmany video ive seen, he did not have immunity phase, he got one and it last for like 30 sec, wall of laser take all the map long and height... and im always slowed even with tracer boots, its a debuff i got when i summon him.. no one mention it but its slowed me as hell in the first phase and more in the second phase... im only using calamity mod tho.. did im suppost to use any other mod that goes with ?... oh and forgot to mention he begin being invisible 85% of the time laser wall get more and more intense and i made almost no damage to him.... this is stupid!

Last edited:
Aleeady have all those item ahah xD maybe ill try and try until im not one shot, mmany video ive seen, he did not have immunity phase, he got one and it last for like 30 sec, wall of laser take all the map long and height... and im always slowed even with tracer boots, its a debuff i got when i summon him.. no one mention it but its slowed me as hell in the first phase and more in the second phase... im only using calamity mod tho.. did im suppost to use any other mod that goes with ?...

Whoa. Whoa-hoh. JUST CALAMITY?

Ok, disregard my earlier post, YOU NEED SERIOUS ADVICE.

The invisibility phase I've noticed too. It's annoying, but persevere. Do not give up.

Step one. Re-enchant your accessories with movement speed increasing modifiers. Defense doesn't help you at all in this fight, only damage reduction and speed. The counter-scarf can help if you are in revengeance mode, but that is a wholly different can of Devourers. Anything with health regen, damage avoidance (from the calamity mod or vanilla game ONLY), or even movement speed really.

Step two. Craft a metric :red:ton (not an imperial :red:ton, that's not enough) of potions. I can't remember if blood orbs are available pre-DoG, or post-DoG, but you will need Yharim's Stimulants, and Titan Scale, as well as Cadence.

Step three. You are not going to fight the DoG by yourself. Kill Polterghast until you have an Ethereal Subjugator. These little beauts only take up a half of a minion slot, and are not limited to the ground or open area. They are ESSENTIAL. Ruthless if possible.

Step four. Arena. The previous poster had very good ideas for an arena. Try his suggestion. (I fought him in a very open area, the Glacier biome from Tremor. It had absolutely NOTHING I needed at all. I made it a minefield of campfires and heart lanterns, and even put a teleporter for quick access. Which reminds me. Have you tried cheesing him? Two teleporters each activated by a player sensor, might work. I haven't tried that yet. Not satisfying, but effective. And ironic, if it works.)

Step five. The WEAPONS: Elemental Disk and Grand Guardian for melee fighters, Shredders and Blissful Bombardiers for Ranged fighters, Magic users I have not one clue, but I love the Swarmer + Plague Hive combo (NOT THE BEES! AUGHGH!!). And if you're a summoner-- You won't be fighting him at all. It might take a while to kill him though.

Finally, step six. If you are a magic user, star bottles everywhere, and mana potions out the wazoo. Make sure what you have is effective on single targets, as opposed to crowd control. Piercing attacks have a much reduced effect. Also, a mana flower is MANDATORY.

Alright. That should get you somewhere. Swarmer may help overall, due to how many bees it can make in such little time. Also try the cosmic rainbow, Or Clockwork Bow + Elysian Arrows. The Lunatic Cultist drops an interesting weapon too, one that makes a buzz saw projectile that duplicates itself as long as an enemy is getting shredded. >:)

I'm having trouble getting the Rare Waifu in a bottle i have been farming the sand elemental for awhile now and i haven't seen one yet. any advice for quickly farming them?

Have
Oh, I will definitely try the zerg method, the only reason I need cryotic is because the only gun upgrade I can make early hardmode is from cryotic

Ok well, after a few minutes of zerg potion both above and underground, I managed to get 0 cryo slimes even tho I already defeated 1 mech boss. I'm starting to think it's because of spirit mod

Have you tried looking deep underground? About Cavern layer? (Normal underground.
[doublepost=1517969757,1517969670][/doublepost]
I'm having trouble getting the Rare Waifu in a bottle i have been farming the sand elemental for awhile now and i haven't seen one yet. any advice for quickly farming them?

Zerg potions are great for farming them. Take note that the Rare Waifu in a Bottle is only dropped in Expert Mode worlds or above at a 2% droprate. Zerg Potions will help with the farming. If you need to know how to farm them... look up, post 12244 of this topic, I put a huge thing for them! Good luck with the Rare Waifu in a Bottle
[doublepost=1517969862][/doublepost]Also,I only used Lacerator and Blissful Bombadier for the DoG, but the advice slotherak gave should come in handy. (I got to post Yharon in my last terraria run, doing a huge modded thing. Only had Calamity and the boss Health Bar mod, so...yeah, took about 27 or so tries. But I didn't have all fleeting stuff. I had mainly offensive things.)

I've been replaying the mod (even with gear from a previous run, playing on Expert is aggravating) and I've found that some bosses, like the Polterghast feel unfinished. Are there plans to make that change?

So i've installed the newest versions of tmodloader and Calamity and whenever i load the mod it says this:

The wav sound file at Sounds/Item/FlareSound.wav failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
External component has thrown an exception.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data,

Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()

Then it automatically deactivates.
I've already tried reinstalling Calamity, reinstalling tmodloader and reinstalling Terraria.
Help pls. It is my favourite mod. :c

One of the Best mods for terraria! Much content, and the Post-moonlord content is just the best.
The Bosses feel very nice ( playing ATM on Expert - Revengence mode / some of the Bosses on Death mode)
And they feel like Dark Souls Bosses.
Im really looking forward to Future updates.

(( In general i like the new Rage + Adrenalin modes... but, i feel like that now, theres no downside anymore... with stress there was More dmg for less Defense..
or im seeing something wrong here? ... ))

Back
Top Bottom