tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I found a bizarre behavior while fighting the hive mind: I died, and instead of simply despawning, the Hive proceeded to spawn-kill me at my house, and I had to go back to the corruption to fight it while it harrassed me (which wasn't easy: it had a speed prefix). I don't know if it's normal, but hey, at least I got the kill, and I saved the platinum coin I forgot to remove from my inventory...

I found a bizarre behavior while fighting the hive mind: I died, and instead of simply despawning, the Hive proceeded to spawn-kill me at my house, and I had to go back to the corruption to fight it while it harrassed me (which wasn't easy: it had a speed prefix). I don't know if it's normal, but hey, at least I got the kill, and I saved the platinum coin I forgot to remove from my inventory...
I think this bug is situational since it happened to me only once. It may happen because the boss dont go away when you die and if you respawn in the moment that he is starting to teleport he will follow you
[doublepost=1521565647,1521565599][/doublepost]
Seriously guys, I don't know how to update, and no, I can't use discord, and yes, I downloaded the file from the link.
Replace the file of calamity from TMod loader with the newer version

I think this bug is situational since it happened to me only once. It may happen because the boss dont go away when you die and if you respawn in the moment that he is starting to teleport he will follow you
[doublepost=1521565647,1521565599][/doublepost]
Replace the file of calamity from TMod loader with the newer version
Thanks... Your essence is safe... for now.

In my case, this actually happened several times, so I don't think it's linked to pure chance. Maybe it just doesn't despawn by mistake?

In my case, this actually happened several times, so I don't think it's linked to pure chance. Maybe it just doesn't despawn by mistake?

Similar stuff has happened to me in previous versions

I know it was more recent, when I started again.

The first time it happened was...pretty spooky, I was fighting against providence and it killed me, I respawn and attempt to heal with my nurse, but I kept getting damaged, then Providence rose out of the underworld and began killing off my npc's, so I eventually died and it only got about 6 npc's down, which was still pretty bad. (Only had Calamity at the time, this was before ice pyramids, evil islands, and the spread out laser walls on DoG

Another time was when I was farming the Profaned Guardians in my 2nd playthrough, they killed me once, but didn't despawn and I easily killed them :D

Anyone know why I am unable to generate a world with Calamity Biomes? Even if Steam cloud synchronization is disabled?

i killed a hive cyst in corruption biome, that ok, but PERFORATORS spawned instead do anyone know da wae to make this again? crimson worlds got corrupted for me ALL times

i killed a hive cyst in corruption biome, that ok, but PERFORATORS spawned instead do anyone know da wae to make this again? crimson worlds got corrupted for me ALL times

Why you wanna do that again? The dryad sell the items if you already killed the boss of the crimsom or corrupt biome

Can I find old version of this mod? I am playing on 1.3.4.4 with TModLoader 0.9.2.1 and ı wanna play with other mods so I need old version calamity mod. I had it but not anymore. Anybody keeping old file?

Why you wanna do that again? The dryad sell the items if you already killed the boss of the crimsom or corrupt biome
i need the perforator trophy, and some blood samples and i cant create crimson worlds
[doublepost=1521576597,1521576337][/doublepost]why AURIC TESLA HELM looks like a :red:???

is it me, or is bumblebirb a stronger mothron resprite, and yharon is just a glorified duke fishron with an extra form? also, the abyss gen is extremely weird. its just a rectangle with weird islands in the middle! and theres this incentive to get to the bottom of the abyss, since you can get the abyssal diving suit, but theres nothing there but some fish and ghost leviathan ripoffs! and the hell crags originally had wonderful generation, with the eye in the center and the ability to build an arena through the spikes to the left/right, but now its just blobs of cragrock with random houses in it!

is it me, or is bumblebirb a stronger mothron resprite, and yharon is just a glorified duke fishron with an extra form? also, the abyss gen is extremely weird. its just a rectangle with weird islands in the middle! and theres this incentive to get to the bottom of the abyss, since you can get the abyssal diving suit, but theres nothing there but some fish and ghost leviathan ripoffs! and the hell crags originally had wonderful generation, with the eye in the center and the ability to build an arena through the spikes to the left/right, but now its just blobs of cragrock with random houses in it!

Dude it's just you're opinion. Not trying to hate but lots of people are going to disagree with you. At least you can get great stuff from abyss and building arena for brimstone elemental is easier.

Dude it's just you're opinion. Not trying to hate but lots of people are going to disagree with you. At least you can get great stuff from abyss and building arena for brimstone elemental is easier.
but the fact that bumble is mothron and yharon is a glorified duke isnt. plus, the abyss, while it may have some useful items, is still extremely bland and rectangular, and the crags are still just cragrock blobs with no shred of creativity at all. yes, while it is better for brimstone ele arenas, a biome shouldnt just be an arena to fight a boss. a biome should have unique items and other stuff to add to its use.

but the fact that bumble is mothron and yharon is a glorified duke isnt. plus, the abyss, while it may have some useful items, is still extremely bland and rectangular, and the crags are still just cragrock blobs with no shred of creativity at all. yes, while it is better for brimstone ele arenas, a biome shouldnt just be an arena to fight a boss. a biome should have unique items and other stuff to add to its use.
Profaned Crags now have the Murasama, that's kinda useful.

Profaned Crags now have the Murasama, that's kinda useful.
pretty sure the murasama spawns anywhere in hell. might have just been really lucky and had it always spawn on the right side, but i doubt worldgen being able to do that.

yet again, i did get a normal ocean that was just sand and 1-3 deep blocks of water...

1) Bumblebirb is basically a preparatory boss for yharon, and while the AI does share some similarities, it's not a stronger **clone** (lol, the irony).
2) How many times have I heard the "Yharon is a stronger Duke Fishron" now? Too many times, and it doesn't even really make sense now, since the AI is pretty different.
3) Abyss is a hole, what are you expecting? A Giant underworld? The size of the world limits Abyss alot, so yeah.
4) It does have a few incentives, like great weapons and accessories. Of course, it's still a new biome, so expect more stuff soon!
5) While I do agree the eye generation was neat, it was pretty damn annoying in practice and I find the current gen better now.

Back
Top Bottom