tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I know I am a bit late, but I still want to say this:

Using Leviathan as an example of what can be done is...well...like showing somebody a video of Usain Bolt to prove they could run faster.

I know I am a bit late, but I still want to say this:

Using Leviathan as an example of what can be done is...well...like showing somebody a video of Usain Bolt to prove they could run faster.

Leviathan is very skilled, and I am aware of what I was implying. When I referred to his tactic on defeating the Devourer of Gods, I wasn't referring to the sole use of the Cosmic Kunai, which is a weapon I'd never really use for any boss fight post-moon lord to save my life, but simply the way he weaved around and "courted" the Devourer in the fight. That tactic specifically... isn't as hard. It's not possible to do now, with the changes made to the DoG, but I've certaintly done it before. I'm rather sure anyone could have if they stay calm and focus.

But no, I'm not saying anyone can do it simply because Leviathan can. I used him as an example for tactics you can use to creatively defeat bosses in this mod, without including the immense challenge he places on himself. His tactics can be used without such lack of gear or placed restrictions.

There was one fun side-effect of the Abyss, though. I dug a long tunnel through the caverns and ran rail across it, and the rail passed over the dungeon. Busting a hole in the wall of the Abyss caused water to flow out of it and endlessly down into the dungeon. By the time I'd realized what I'd done, the whole place was flooded, which meant there was one stupid place I didn't want to be where my water equips were useful, and one place with a lot of important things in it that was almost totally underwater. Accidentally made water equips super useful!

During my Calamity playthrough, the Abyss generated real close to my dungeon and somehow flooded it without any interaction, if that's how i recall it.
Quite funny, as you say.

Hey, I wanna ask if the latest version of Calamity is on TModLoader's Mod Browser for anyone else? My current version (and apparently the latest version, according to the browser) of Calamity is 1.3.2.1, but the forum says the latest version is 1.3.3.002. Am I experiencing some sort of bug, or is nobody else seeing the latest version up on the browser?

Hey, I wanna ask if the latest version of Calamity is on TModLoader's Mod Browser for anyone else? My current version (and apparently the latest version, according to the browser) of Calamity is 1.3.2.1, but the forum says the latest version is 1.3.3.002. Am I experiencing some sort of bug, or is nobody else seeing the latest version up on the browser?
It's not a bug. It's just that Fab didn't update de mod in the browser.

Is it just me or is the drop for the aero stone way lower than 10%? I've gone through a stack of desert medallions and seafood on expert and normal and revengeance and death mode but i still haven't gotten one
or am i just super unlucky

Hey, I just wanna say this is an AMAZING mod, but there's something I've noticed happening quite often in multiplayer. So, when a boss is summoned and the person who was fighting it dies, it will go to the nearest person, even if the boss has to be in a certain biome or the person is 1k+ blocks away. We noticed that vanilla bosses didn't do the same thing. If a person died to a vanilla boss, it wouldn't go to the nearest person unless they were >150 blocks away (Don't know the actual values). This is a problem for two reasons: If someone is farming or mining, they will now have to deal with a really annoying boss that they aren't prepared for or are stuck in some crevice. Two, it can be easily exploited to make bosses really easy, because if you die, your teammates can just run to the arena because the boss won't despawn since it's on their back. An easy way to fix this is to make the bosses only chase people in a certain radius, especially if the boss needs to be in a certain biome (Perforators, Providence, Hive mind, etc.) Note that we were in Death mode.

So, I found what could be considered to be a game breaking bug when using Calamity and the Enigma mod together.
When using Enigma's "Ethereal Dimension", I've found that when fighting bullet hell bosses (like SCal and Yharon) if you switch over to the Ethereal dimension, the bosses remain vulnerable but the bullet hells disappear and can't damage you. This makes it fairly easy to beat SCal even in deathmode.

Idk if that's a bug or a feature, but you can easily farm up rare drops relatively low risk in a short amount of time with this exploit.

Last edited:
So, I found what could be considered to be a game breaking bug when using Calamity and the Enigma mod together.
When using Enigma's "Ethereal Dimension", I've found that when fighting bullet hell bosses (like SCal and Yharon) if you switch over to the Ethereal dimension, the bosses remain vulnerable but the bullet hells disappear and can't damage you. This makes it fairly easy to beat SCal even in deathmode.

Idk if that's a bug or a feature, but you can easily farm up rare drops relatively low risk in a short amount of time with this exploit.

Calamity shouldn't be played with other content mods, and actually, any content mod shouldn't be played with other content mods.
Doing so is just guaranteed to give you exploits to kill bosses.

Hey, Terraria Mod Noob here, this is my first mod and I can't seem to locate ModLoader in my Terraria files. I have downloaded tmodloader, unzipped the file, placed it in the terraria files, and I only see Players, Captures, and Worlds. In my steamapps/common/terraria I see ModConfigs and Content and a bunch of documents. If you need more information, I will reply back, and thank you

Calamity shouldn't be played with other content mods, and actually, any content mod shouldn't be played with other content mods.
Doing so is just guaranteed to give you exploits to kill bosses.
That philosophy is like saying you shouldn't eat peanut butter and jelly together, only seperately. Combining mods is a great way to add a number of dimensions of fun to an experience; limiting yourself to one at a time just seems pedantic.

Plus, I figured I'd report it since SCal already has anti-cheese mechanisms in place for things like the cheat mod, and this seems to fall under the same purview.

is the mod on the mod browser updated

Also the jungle dragon is ignoring my feats and leaving even though I defeated the new Mothron

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom