tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Woah, you wanna remove Calamity just because of a boss? xd

Anyway, SCal will be redone when she becomes a normal boss and all that annoying mechanics may be removed.
Yes, then Yharim will get them lol

Opps, I did it again ;p

EDIT: there's nothing they can really do to prevent you from cheesing this boss.
Just get some end-game Fargo/Alchemist NPC gear and you should be good to go

Yeah but where's the satisfaction in that? Why even fight the boss at that point, especially if later she's supposed to be mandatory once bosses planned after her get implemented?
True; I’d only use it if I didn’t feel like farming for something when I get to the point in the progression that I can obtain the item

Woah, you wanna remove Calamity just because of a boss? xd

Anyway, SCal will be redone when she becomes a normal boss and all that annoying mechanics may be removed.

It's not as simple as "removing calamity because of a boss". It's literally the current end-game boss. The top of the mountain. The mecha.

It's not like you can just be like "Well @#$% this guy, I'll make due until we get to the next stage" like that fire-butterfly-chick in the basement. Scal is literally there to be the end (at this time).

The biggest problem I have is that the Caldevs go through all the trouble of trying to define classes and give you the tools to make all these different builds.... Then the final boss is like

"Look, you have to be a jumpy long-raged type or you're just shooting yourself in the foot.... get it? Shooting yourself in the foot? Because guns are ranged! lol" ~ Dev, maybe?

It's the Challenger from Sacred Tools all over again.

Point being: There is an entire crafting tree built around the Asgardian Agis, Abysal Shell, Elysian Agis, etc with the sole purpose of making a player a tank at the cost of Movement. And thats the slap in the face. The hit counter mechanic is killing this entire fight. I could deal with everything else. But there's no point in building a damage sponge or melee character if 15 hits total is going to disqualify you from the fight. Might as well go back to scratch and make a mage.
(General Gripe about Melee characters: C'mon. You're ranged characters with magic laser shooting swords. Don't pretend otherwise.)

Also:
This mod has proven to be.... ... ....... ... "interesting" in multiplayer. Some of the magic and ranged items create particle storms so intense it causes people to lag out of the server. Ionno if thats something ya'll at working on, but I might as well throw a little nugget on top while I'm here.

+Delta:
The vote passed to keep the Calamity mod for now, simply because the rest of the mod isn't bad. It is fairly good work (cept some lag, as referred to above) and the content feels like a full expansion beyond the Moon Lord.
A few things my group has brought up:
-Without coming back to the wiki and actively looking for the bosses they easily get skipped over until you have no idea where X crafting material comes from. Maybe do more in-game spawning?
-The fluffy dragon summons are adorable and should never be changed, ever, under any circumstances.
-Wheres the bard/healer class stuff?
-Greater desire for diversified weapons that do more stuff. So far it's like: Weapon that shoots > Weapon that shoots more > Weapon that shoots even more > Weapon that shoots even more even faster > WEAPON THAT WEAPONS THE MOST WEAPONING! There's only so many bullets you can fire at once before the server screams in agony (Looking at you Halibut).

It's not as simple as "removing calamity because of a boss". It's literally the current end-game boss. The top of the mountain. The mecha.

It's not like you can just be like "Well @#$% this guy, I'll make due until we get to the next stage" like that fire-butterfly-chick in the basement. Scal is literally there to be the end (at this time).

The biggest problem I have is that the Caldevs go through all the trouble of trying to define classes and give you the tools to make all these different builds.... Then the final boss is like

"Look, you have to be a jumpy long-raged type or you're just shooting yourself in the foot.... get it? Shooting yourself in the foot? Because guns are ranged! lol" ~ Dev, maybe?

It's the Challenger from Sacred Tools all over again.

Point being: There is an entire crafting tree built around the Asgardian Agis, Abysal Shell, Elysian Agis, etc with the sole purpose of making a player a tank at the cost of Movement. And thats the slap in the face. The hit counter mechanic is killing this entire fight. I could deal with everything else. But there's no point in building a damage sponge or melee character if 15 hits total is going to disqualify you from the fight. Might as well go back to scratch and make a mage.
(General Gripe about Melee characters: C'mon. You're ranged characters with magic laser shooting swords. Don't pretend otherwise.)

Also:
This mod has proven to be.... ... ....... ... "interesting" in multiplayer. Some of the magic and ranged items create particle storms so intense it causes people to lag out of the server. Ionno if thats something ya'll at working on, but I might as well throw a little nugget on top while I'm here.

+Delta:
The vote passed to keep the Calamity mod for now, simply because the rest of the mod isn't bad. It is fairly good work (cept some lag, as referred to above) and the content feels like a full expansion beyond the Moon Lord.
A few things my group has brought up:
-Without coming back to the wiki and actively looking for the bosses they easily get skipped over until you have no idea where X crafting material comes from. Maybe do more in-game spawning?
-The fluffy dragon summons are adorable and should never be changed, ever, under any circumstances.
-Wheres the bard/healer class stuff?
-Greater desire for diversified weapons that do more stuff. So far it's like: Weapon that shoots > Weapon that shoots more > Weapon that shoots even more > Weapon that shoots even more even faster > WEAPON THAT WEAPONS THE MOST WEAPONING! There's only so many bullets you can fire at once before the server screams in agony (Looking at you Halibut).

no point? what about defeating all the other post ML bosses? Provinince, yharon, DOG, sentities, there's obviously a point to crafting these accessories. and, no SCal isn't exactly the final boss. at least not let. but right now, she's a superboss. which, if i need to remind you on, is an optional boss that is meant to be extremely difficult. go to the wiki if you think otherwise. SCal is literaly placed under the "superboss" section.

Opinions on how Calamity meshes with the other major content mods? Tremor, Thorium, Spirits and Nightmare's Unleashed specifically, but any others you can think of? Tried running all of these before but there was so much overlap and redundancy.

Note, not talking about compatability, but how well they work with each other gameplay wise

Hello! On the wiki it shows sprites and content that isn't in the mod currently, whats up with that, when is that stuff going to be put in, is there anywhere I can follow development?

no point? what about defeating all the other post ML bosses? Provinince, yharon, DOG, sentities, there's obviously a point to crafting these accessories. and, no SCal isn't exactly the final boss. at least not let. but right now, she's a superboss. which, if i need to remind you on, is an optional boss that is meant to be extremely difficult. go to the wiki if you think otherwise. SCal is literaly placed under the "superboss" section.
Defeating all the post moonlord bosses got us to that point, and isn't every post moonlord boss "Optional", Super Calamitas is the final boss of the mod, like it or not, its got the shiniest toys. Optional Bosses don't have weapons/armor gated behind it. Redigit understands that a boss with bull:red: mechanics shouldn't have playable content, but a super rare pet/cosmetic item that doesn't detract from playing the game (Dungeon Guardian), a reward for beating an enemy you were not supposed to beat. The term SuperBoss brings about memories of FF7 Emerald/Ruby weapon, where it was still difficult but was beaten by grinding and good tactics, not insane dodge skill and prayers.

Opinions on how Calamity meshes with the other major content mods? Tremor, Thorium, Spirits and Nightmare's Unleashed specifically, but any others you can think of? Tried running all of these before but there was so much overlap and redundancy.

Note, not talking about compatability, but how well they work with each other gameplay wise
Been playing Calamity with Thorium and a few smaller mods, works well, just don't expect healer/bard to get much farther past moonlord in calamity mod. Also can't recommend bard due to buff slot limits. Otherwise i found they mesh well. still a bit of redundancy, but with fargo's mutant mod, you can combine a lot of the redundacy into singular items. Tremor i can't recommend due to it being in the middle of a full rewrite. Playing around with spirits mod now, and it's not as bad as Thorium for redundancy but they are interesting, just keep in mind the biome conflict.

Last edited:
Hello! On the wiki it shows sprites and content that isn't in the mod currently, whats up with that, when is that stuff going to be put in, is there anywhere I can follow development?
Wiki only shows stuff in the last version of the mod. Are you sure you have the last version?

Wiki only shows stuff in the last version of the mod. Are you sure you have the last version?
Yes, i'm using Tmodloader which is apparently up-to-date, plus it says its the same version at it is on the wiki.
Items like Smooth Abyss Gravel don't exist in my game but it says it's a thing on the wiki, also the cloud elemental and the Sigil of Calamitas are not using the new sprites that are shown on the wiki, and I can probably assume it's the same for other items.

Defeating all the post moonlord bosses got us to that point, and isn't every post moonlord boss "Optional", Super Calamitas is the final boss of the mod, like it or not, its got the shiniest toys. Optional Bosses don't have weapons/armor gated behind it. Redigit understands that a boss with bull:red: mechanics shouldn't have playable content, but a super rare pet/cosmetic item that doesn't detract from playing the game (Dungeon Guardian), a reward for beating an enemy you were not supposed to beat. The term SuperBoss brings about memories of FF7 Emerald/Ruby weapon, where it was still difficult but was beaten by grinding and good tactics, not insane dodge skill and prayers.

Yeah... but it isn't going to STAY as an optional boss. These complaints are entirely valid. Such things have to be rectified.

Yes, i'm using Tmodloader which is apparently up-to-date, plus it says its the same version at it is on the wiki.
Items like Smooth Abyss Gravel don't exist in my game but it says it's a thing on the wiki, also the cloud elemental and the Sigil of Calamitas are not using the new sprites that are shown on the wiki, and I can probably assume it's the same for other items.
By tModLoader you mean the Mod Browser in-game? The mod is not updated there and the wiki doesn't say it's actually 1.3.4.1.

By tModLoader you mean the Mod Browser in-game? The mod is not updated there and the wiki doesn't say it's actually 1.3.4.1.
Yes, I probably should have specified that I was speaking about the Mod Browser. Also it says the latest version is in the mod browser here (so I assumed that was right) and I thought the version in the mod browser (1.3.4.1) was just abbreviating the version on the wiki (1.3.4.104). It's also odd that it doesn't say anywhere specifically that the Mod Browser version is not up to date, as I previously stated this forum specifies the exact opposite.
Well i'll install the version on the wiki now.

Dear devs or anybody else reading this,

So, I have been playing this game for quite a while now, and i wanted to clear up some confusion i have been having. During my grind on Supreme Calamitas, i noticed in the wiki that each of her invincibility phases are exactly 15 seconds each, although during my gameplay i have noticed that the invincibility phase on 20% health is roughly around a minute. I don't know whether this was intentional and there was incorrect information in the wiki, or a bug, or it's just my computer. I know this is sort of vague and unimportant, but i was wondering what is happening because that invinc. phase is impossible to get through for me. The mod is updated curerrently to most recent version (1.3.4.104). I apologize in advance if this has already been covered or if i am just being ignorant and have missed some sort of info.

Thank you.

For some reason, it appears that I do not have the new update, despite that others such as youtubers do. Am I stupid or is there something wrong? By the way, which version is it as well?

For some reason, it appears that I do not have the new update, despite that others such as youtubers do. Am I stupid or is there something wrong? By the way, which version is it as well?
Are you using the Mod Browser Version or the Version on this thread? The Version on this thread is the up to date version

Do you know where to put it after I extract it as well, in Terraria or in the mods folder?
Isn’t there a tutorial on the 1st page of this thread? If not, there’s one on the tModLoader Thread; I want mods, but I don’t have them yet, so I have no idea how to instal them. My guess would be the Mods Folder

Back
Top Bottom