tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
i know i will be easily rejected but i am a medium moder to terraria and i'd like that you share your source code with me its ok if you cant i understand but i just want to learn from it if so please contact me on discord TNTerrarian#8293 and by the way why is it written on the thread that we can use the code as an example to go with while it is not even public ? and one last thing if you cant give me the code then at least please tell me the IDs of revengeance and death in the calamity source so that i can support them in my mod

i know i will be easily rejected but i am a medium moder to terraria and i'd like that you share your source code with me its ok if you cant i understand but i just want to learn from it if so please contact me on discord TNTerrarian#8293 and by the way why is it written on the thread that we can use the code as an example to go with while it is not even public ? and one last thing if you cant give me the code then at least please tell me the IDs of revengeance and death in the calamity source so that i can support them in my mod
Yeah pal, this is never gonna happen, no matter how pure ur intentions are, drew I won’t give the source for calamity, if it somehow gets leaked itl just cause a lot of people to copy paste code, not saying that’s what ud do, but it can happen.

Yeah pal, this is never gonna happen, no matter how pure ur intentions are, drew I won’t give the source for calamity, if it somehow gets leaked itl just cause a lot of people to copy paste code, not saying that’s what ud do, but it can happen.
Now, there are of course, ways that Revengeance and Death modes can be made compatable, several mods have. That part is not out of the question.

please help i keep getting this error when i try to reload the mod
Access to the path 'CalamityMod_Fonts_HPBarFont_1.3.4.103.xnb' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.Delete()
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.FontCacheIO.DeleteIfOlder(String modFilename, String fontCacheFilename)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadFont(String path, Byte[] data)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Idk why Supreme Calamitas is one hitting me. I switched to the mage loadout because I fought yharon and found yharim's crystal. Now I am trying to kill her and everytime I get hit, I die. WHY? I'm doing this on a normal game, with the version 1.4.0.001, and I apparently know nothing about the game. :confused:

Edit: This is what it says in the chat. Does this mean anything?

WHATS_WRONG.png

Last edited:
I reinstalled the game and nothing happened besides...what?

1.4.0.001 (not released):
Code:
1 - Astral biome expansion, this is a massive addition and will take time.
2 - Various resprites.
3 - Fixed some tooltip errors.
4 - Boss Rush Enabler, incomplete version but it will have all the current bosses (will not include other modded bosses unless I am given their IDs).
5 - Fixed bug where you would get a Starter Bag, Revengeance and Iron Heart item on revive in Mediumcore.
6 - Extended length of Mark for Death debuff caused by the Lunic Eye, Marked Magnum, and AMR.
7 - Fixed issues with Yharon arena and SCal arena not disappearing when told to in the code.
8 - Whenever any boss is alive you will be put under the Zen Potion effect without the buff icon appearing to prevent taking up buff slots.  This was done because having random enemies spawn during a boss fight is supremely annoying.
9 - Whenever your player is not near at least 3 town npcs you cannot hit Target or Super Dummies.
10 - While the boss rush is active all wire-activated mechanisms are disabled.
11 - Made several bosses less spammy with their projectiles.  Makes them a bit easier but I feel it makes the fights better as a whole.
12 - Made Starfleet, Mariana, Virulence, Megafleet, True Bloody Edge, Barinautical, Barinade, Galactus Blade, Arterial Assault, Bloodfire Arrows, Mirror Blade, Exoblade, Burning Sky, and Rouge Slash cooler with new effects.
13 - Added Star Cannon EX and Starmada.
14 - Added some sort of bow with a really weird name that does really cool and weird things.
15 - Leviathan now charges at the player after spawning enemies when below 50% HP.
16 - Forced boss downed bools to sync in multiplayer immediately.  This should remove the issues with the buffed events like the post-DoG Frost and Pumpkin Moons.
17 - Made Cryogen's Ice Blast projectiles tangible rather than just dust.
18 - Cosmic Immaterializer minion does exceptionally less damage if you're using a non-summoner class.
19 - While under the effects of Chaos State the Counter Scarf dodge will have a longer cooldown.  While under the effects of Counter Scarf Dodge Cooldown the Chaos State debuff will last longer when applied.
20 - Immunity frames are now capped at 2 seconds, 120 ticks, in revengeance mode and higher.
21 - Shadow Dodge buff duration in revengeance mode and higher is reduced to 6 seconds.
22 - Added tooltips to items that help you survive in the abyss so you know which help and which don't.
23 - Added Copper Hammer to Starter Bag.
24 - Added Underwater breathing to Abyssal Diving Suit.
25 - Added crafting recipe for Guide Voodoo Doll.
26 - Changed Stardust Staff name to Eidolon Staff.
27 - Made SCal not deal contact damage while she's immobile during bullet hells and last phase.
28 - Added some tooltips for what the soul artifacts do.
29 - Calamitas can't be targeted by homing projectiles while brothers are alive.
30 - Buffed Demonshade Armor.
31 - Due to buffed demonshade armor boss rush entities have been given heightened stats.
32 - Removed Iron Heart activation prevention timer.
33 - Added Death and Defiled Rune to Starter Bag.
34 - Some new sound effects by Turquoise.
35 - Nerfed Halibut Cannon.
36 - Ceaseless Void fix.
37 - Made some vanilla bosses on rev+ less spammy with their projectiles.
38 - Changed the main planetoid to generate something else rather than the alchemy table and etc.
39 - Astrageldon reworked into an entirely different fight.
40 - Fixed Eldritch Soul Artifact giving negative melee speed.
41 - Rage and Adrenaline no longer despawn sentries.
42 - Length of time between spawned sentinels in DoG fight reduced from 10 minutes to 2 minutes, puts more pressure on players to kill them before another one spawns.
43 - Increased length of time between Signus and DoG phase 2 during the DoG fight from 1 second to 10 seconds.
44 - Removed SCal hitcap but made her do significantly more damage to compensate.
45 - New sound effects by Nitro.
46 - SCal now deals Vulnerability Hex on all modes with her attacks.
47 - Reduced debuff duration of Vulnerability Hex from SCal's attacks.
48 - Vulnerability Hex now inflicts a DoT instead of simply reducing life regen to 0.
49 - Fixed issue where Signus wouldn't appear ichored when he actually was ichored.
50 - Daylight, Moonlight, and Cosmolight can no longer be used while a boss is active.
51 - Cosmic Immaterializer minion no longer fires projectiles immediately upon being summoned.
52 - Rage and Adrenaline no longer despawn Providence shell-phase flames and her crystal.
53 - Fixed some issues with sentries like the Dreadmine Staff and Energy Staff not counting towards max sentry amount.
54 - Added new music for Supreme Calamitas.
55 - Added new music for the Abyss.
56 - During the boss rush hostile projectiles will despawn when a boss is defeated.
57 - Attempted to make the Abyss deeper on medium and large worlds.
58 - Fixed barcode issue in the underworld.
59 - Changed Tarragon Ranged and Bloodflare Mage armor set bonuses.
60 - Nerfed Tarragon Summoner set bonus area of effect damage.
61 - Determination Breaker now kills you instantly if you are in lava.
62 - Fixed certain bows that shoot multiple arrows giving back more arrows than were used.
63 - Fixed Overloaded Sludge working again once only the Core is dead.
64 - Fixed Draedon's Forge not counting as Hellforge, for Hellstone Bars.
65 - Fixed Xeroc Mask tooltip mentioning 2 minions incorrectly, instead of the intended 3.
66 - Disabled difficulty-changing items during the boss rush.
67 - New sound effect by Official sors™.
68 - Elemental Quiver no longer clones the Flak Kraken gun.
69 - While riding any mount all modded dashes are disabled.  This includes if you start a dash and then get on a mount mid-dash.
70 - Taking less than 100 damage from any of SCal's attacks will cause instant death on Revengeance and Death Mode.
71 - Moved SCal's seeker ring closer to her and raised the seeker's HP.
72 - God Slayer Melee and Auric Melee bonus now reduce damage that is 80 or below to 1 damage instead of negating it entirely.
73 - Optimized a lot of code.  Maybe it'll help with lag...maybe not.
74 - DD2 bow and Butcher are no longer duplicated by the Elemental Quiver.
75 - Made HotE waifus into one buff icon.
76 - Fixed Armageddon item tool tip displaying incorrect treasure bag amounts.
77 - Turning the waifus off will make the HotE stat boosts slightly higher.
78 - Added something neat near the bottom of the Abyss.
79 - Nerfed a lot of accessories.
80 - Counter Scarf cooldown now gives a bonus to all damage and crit classes instead of just melee.
81 - Added Astral Expansion and Astral resprites.
82 - Secret additions, 2 of them in fact.
83 - Moved Astral Meteor/Biome strike zone down a bit to hopefully prevent striking planetoids.
84 - New Town NPC dialogue.
85 - Worm bosses now drop a stack of stuff when killed instead of a stack of nothing.
86 - Now that it has been tested and basically approved.  Buffed Phase 2 Yharon AI-wise.
87 - Due to their homing abilities, reduced Verium and Chlorophyte Bullet damage values when they strike an enemy.
88 - Nerfed Eldritch Soul Artifact slightly and nerfed Nanotech homing blade spawn frequency.
89 - Melee weapons that spawn more projectiles when you hit enemies with the blade now use the correct damage values (the item's damage value).  This prevents the projectile from getting a quadruple crit multiplier for insane damage.
90 - Buffed Aegis Blade.
91 - Buffed Briny Baron razorblade projectile.
92 - Valediction and Nebulash nerfed slightly in damage.
93 - Opal Striker now inflicts 0 knockback.
94 - Fixed a few weapons not inflicting the proper damage type with their projectiles, the rest will be fixed in 1.4.1.
95 - Increased Scourge of the Cosmos range before it starts to fall.
96 - True Forbidden Oathblade now requires a few Living Shards and Ashes of Calamity to move it post-Plantera/Calamitas.
97 - Reverted the Brimblade nerf and nerfed  Daedalus Throwing set instead.
98 - Buffed Hematemesis.
99 - Nerfed Ataxia Melee.
100 - Buffed Malachite and Vesuvius.
101 - Reduced bullet spread on Dragon's Breath.
102 - Buffed Vivid Clarity (you need very high IQ to use it), Subsuming Vortex, and Photoviscerator.
103 - Buffed Exoblade.
104 - Reduced DR for a lot of enemies and bosses I guess.
105 - Very slightly boosted certain boss HP values to compensate for change 104.
106 - Reduced Brain of Cthulhu Creeper respawn rates in rev and death mode.
107 - Most post-ML bows now only convert wooden arrows to their special arrows, otherwise they fire the other ammo types.
WHOOP WOOP! I LOVE THIS!

Idk why Supreme Calamitas is one hitting me. I switched to the mage loadout because I fought yharon and found yharim's crystal. Now I am trying to kill her and everytime I get hit, I die. WHY? I'm doing this on a normal game, with the version 1.4.0.001, and I apparently know nothing about the game. :confused:

Edit: This is what it says in the chat. Does this mean anything?

WHATS_WRONG.png

Find an item named "Armageddon" and toggle it off.
If you cannot, create a new character and a new World with Calamity on, you will get an item that resembles a bag, within it, should be a Revengeance, a Death, an Armageddon, and a few starter items, then port it to your other character.

"Whenever the player dies while under the effects of this item, the death message will always be "<PlayerName>'s legs appeared where his/her head should be", regardless of the actual cause of death."

Did you ever turn on an Armageddon? If not, perhaps the update forces it on somehow, which will be a bug.

It's primary function is to force Bosses and other sources of Damage to 1-hit you, as a "Challenge". All Bosses drop 10 Treasure Bags instead of 1 or 0 to make up for it.

Side-note, I don't know if Armageddon is possible to play the game through, much less Revengeance, Death, Armageddon, Defiled Rune, and surely not the Iron Heart.

Last edited:
Side-note, I don't know if Armageddon is possible to play the game through, much less Revengeance, Death, Armageddon, and some of the other hindering items. (Like the no-health regen/potions amulet, and the "Cursed Relic" or whatever it's called.)

Armageddon, possibly not, but it's absolutely possible to complete the game through any of the other modes, especially Revengeance and Deathmode. It's simply playing the game on ultra-hardmode.

Armageddon, possibly not, but it's absolutely possible to complete the game through any of the other modes, especially Revengeance and Deathmode. It's simply playing the game on ultra-hardmode.

Armageddon or the Iron Heart, likely. The IH causes you to die permanently like in Hardcore mode, happen you die while a boss is alive.

Armageddon or the Iron Heart, likely. The IH causes you to die permanently like in Hardcore mode, happen you die while a boss is alive.

If someone is capable of completing hardcore more, then IH remains just a simple step down... again, very challenging and difficult, but there's no way it'd be impossible. I'm sure someone's done it by now since its implementation.

If someone is capable of completing hardcore more, then IH remains just a simple step down... again, very challenging and difficult, but there's no way it'd be impossible. I'm sure someone's done it by now since its implementation.
Except, you can't lose a single battle, under any circumstance. You would have to have great knowledge of every main boss' attack patterns, to avoid getting hit as much as possible.

Except, you can't lose a single battle, under any circumstance. You would have to have great knowledge of every main boss' attack patterns, to avoid getting hit as much as possible.

Terry N. Muse, one of the main lore creators of the mod, beat every boss in Revengeance without getting hit. If he can do such a feat, several others can. Leviathan is also someone who has proven themselves beyond capable of doing such a thing, as he has several videos no-hitting Calamity bosses, specifically in Deathmode.

Like I said, very challenging and difficult, but not IMPOSSIBLE.

Find an item named "Armageddon" and toggle it off.
If you cannot, create a new character and a new World with Calamity on, you will get an item that resembles a bag, within it, should be a Revengeance, a Death, an Armageddon, and a few starter items, then port it to your other character.

"Whenever the player dies while under the effects of this item, the death message will always be "<PlayerName>'s legs appeared where his/her head should be", regardless of the actual cause of death."

Did you ever turn on an Armageddon? If not, perhaps the update forces it on somehow, which will be a bug.

It's primary function is to force Bosses and other sources of Damage to 1-hit you, as a "Challenge". All Bosses drop 10 Treasure Bags instead of 1 or 0 to make up for it.

Side-note, I don't know if Armageddon is possible to play the game through, much less Revengeance, Death, Armageddon, Defiled Rune, and surely not the Iron Heart.
Thanks, it was the Armageddon. It confused me because sometimes I get hit by a boss entity, but I don't die instantly. :)

please help i keep getting this error when i try to reload the mod
Access to the path 'CalamityMod_Fonts_HPBarFont_1.3.4.103.xnb' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.Delete()
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.FontCacheIO.DeleteIfOlder(String modFilename, String fontCacheFilename)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadFont(String path, Byte[] data)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
just a reminder please help me soon i beg u by the way this error happend the second i updated to the latest version of the mod (1.4.001 or whatever)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom