tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
-Snip-
Theres an enemy called the "eidolon wyrm" that looks like the blue grey and yellow worm below

And in warframe. Theres a sentenal called the wyrm that has that EXACT SAME COLOR PALLET (as seen below the calamity enemy)
Now either these guys are warframe fans or they literally copied from the game because they ran out of ideas.

I personally believe its the latter but you choose what you believe.

I mean, honestly man. It's literally a fan-made mod. It's got one of the largest content updates in the entire community, and you're saying, that even if it was ripped off, that the entire mod and the mod's creators are now effectively garbage people is somewhat of a harsh standpoint, don't you think? Besides, copying another game isn't inherently a bad thing. Over half the cosmetics in TF2, just as one example, basically are from other games, like the plumber's cap, or perhaps whatever that snake set was called. I think that after working so hard, they're entitled to one or two lazy enemies, especially since this is effectively a joke boss in it's own right.

Calamity has references to alot of different things (including metal gear solid rising revengence and even more warframe stuff, including a weapon from said game)
I mean if we're going to do stuff like this, why not berate Alchemist NPC which is like 75% stuff from other games&shows.

I found something interesting about a few enemies. Let me share.
In the dungeon in hardmode theres an enemy called the eidolist who drops the eidolon tablet.
Now in the game warframe theres an enemy called the ediolon which has 3 forms. Gargantualyst, hydrolyst, and teralyst.
But that isnt the best part.
Theres an enemy called the "eidolon wyrm" that looks like the blue grey and yellow worm below

And in warframe. Theres a sentenal called the wyrm that has that EXACT SAME COLOR PALLET (as seen below the calamity enemy)
Now either these guys are warframe fans or they literally copied from the game because they ran out of ideas.

I personally believe its the latter but you choose what you believe.

And Soma Prime is also a WARFRAME reference to the exact same gun found in the game.

And the Murasama is also a reference to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, along with Red Sun, and quite a few quotes from several bosses, even Yharim's Stimulants make a reference.

Supreme Calamitas used to be, and still is in some aspects, a reference to the Sans fight from Undertale.

Hell, let's talk vanilla. Skeletron is a reference to Omegatron, a boss found in the game Edge of Space. The S.D.M.G. is a reference as well.

References do not indicate laziness. Terraria itself is chock full of them.

Hell, let's talk vanilla. Skeletron is a reference to Omegatron, a boss found in the game Edge of Space. The S.D.M.G. is a reference as well.
The other way around. There was a crossover between Terraria and Edge of Space and Omegatron was based off of Skeletron.

Have you played warframe? Because the eidolon tablet trop by eidolist s(also eidolons in warframe are called teralyst, hydrolyst, battlyst and gargantualyst which all are very similar to eidolost) looks like a sentient energy core dropped by eidolons. Also eidolon wyrm not only shares a name with 2 warframe creatures but also shares the exact same color pallet with the wyrm sentinel
[doublepost=1544463580,1544463512][/doublepost]
Also vanilla terraria isnt packed with refrences like calamity is. Once you reach a certain ratio of references to actual content it doesnt become refrencing and just becomes lazy/copying
[doublepost=1544463909][/doublepost]
Ok just because theyre popular doesnt mean its ok to copy. If they did copy alot it means this mod is built off of content that isnt their own. And i didnt say theyre garbage people i just said theyre lazy for copying. And yes copying is a bad thing because it takes credit away from the original creator and gives it to the people who just copy and paste content (even the coding is just copied and pasted from vanilla) and yes tf2 has alot of refrences but its game isnt literally just refrences and copy/pasted content unlike calamity mod. And it doesnt matter if its a joke boss or not its still copying.
Here think about this
Why does amy schumer get :red: for copying jokes?
Now apply that explanation to calamity mod and youll see what im coming from

Over 97% of the content in this mod is original, I don't understand what you're trying to imply by this mod being lazy with what it's created. Beyond that it is a mod created by fans of both Terraria and other games, with no direct purchase or profit coming directly from the mod. It isn't infringing on any copyright or anything of the like, and everything that is referential is given a spin on how it functions to create an entirely different weapon/enemy. What exactly is your problem?

Have you played warframe? Because the eidolon tablet trop by eidolist s(also eidolons in warframe are called teralyst, hydrolyst, battlyst and gargantualyst which all are very similar to eidolost) looks like a sentient energy core dropped by eidolons. Also eidolon wyrm not only shares a name with 2 warframe creatures but also shares the exact same color pallet with the wyrm sentinel
[doublepost=1544463580,1544463512][/doublepost]
Also vanilla terraria isnt packed with refrences like calamity is. Once you reach a certain ratio of references to actual content it doesnt become refrencing and just becomes lazy/copying
[doublepost=1544463909][/doublepost]
Ok just because theyre popular doesnt mean its ok to copy. If they did copy alot it means this mod is built off of content that isnt their own. And i didnt say theyre garbage people i just said theyre lazy for copying. And yes copying is a bad thing because it takes credit away from the original creator and gives it to the people who just copy and paste content (even the coding is just copied and pasted from vanilla) and yes tf2 has alot of refrences but its game isnt literally just refrences and copy/pasted content unlike calamity mod. And it doesnt matter if its a joke boss or not its still copying.
Here think about this

Alright, here we go.

Eidolons in Warframe are fragments of the Sentients. They roam an ancient battlefield and appear at night, have many varying forms.
The Eidolist is a creature that wears the scraps of Lunar Cultist clothes, resembles the Eidolon Wyrm, and live in the deep sea.

Where in Lord Helix's name can you see the resemblance?

Eidolon isn't even a word that originates from Warframe. It is from ancient greek literature and refers to, as seen above, a phantom or spectre.

Also, Vanilla has way more references.
Fez and The Doctor outfit - Doctor Who
Doctor Bones and Arhaeologist outfit - Indiana Jones
Tim - There are some who call him that. (Also, Monty Python)
Halloween outfits are a buffet of references to horror movies.
Party Girl's partially based off of an MLP character (not 100% sure on which one)
The Hero's Outfit and The Plumber's Outfit - TLoZ and Mario
Hermes Boots, Magic Mirror, Enchanted Boomerang, Enchanted Sword - TLoZ
Hell, Red's set "may" be a referenco to FFIV Golbez

Calamity's reference to content ratio? Excuse me, but last time I checked, basically every boss is unique, each have their lore. There is actual lore too. Imagine that.
Some references are developer items (enter Soma Prime), I've checked through the armor and accesories. You tell me, how some similarities, outweigh unique armor, weapons, a story, and bosses.

"The coding is copied and pasted from Vanilla" wuh-wha-wah, It's a Terraria MOD.

You're grasping at straws so hard, it hurts.

Amy schumer gets :red: for copying jokes because she makes a living being a comedian. comedian. It's her job to come up with original jokes! This mod only makes money off of donations, and that's only to help further development.

The Amalgam takes my fps what do I do...
Cant fight a boss with 40 fps
[doublepost=1544487193,1544486718][/doublepost]
The Amalgam takes my fps what do I do...
Cant fight a boss with 40 fps
Found the issue, you have to turn off storm effects

Suggestion: natural boss spawns.
Calamity has a lot of cool bosses with cool lore, buuut the fact that the player usually have to manually spawn a boss to fight it makes the lore a bit unrealistic...
For this reason, I had come up with a few somewhat unique and reasonable ways to ‘naturally’ spawn bosses that should be naturally spawnable.

desert scourge: now have a tiny chance to spawns naturally when a player with 160+ hp enters the the desert.
This makes sense because the player will have significantly more life in his/her body than the other creatures in the desert(cnidrions are very dry).

Slime god:now spawns when a slime rain is completed after 5 king slimes was beaten.
This makes sense because the slime god will hate its creations being murdered by the player.

Cryogen: now spawns when one enters an ice tomb in hardmode and attempts to destroy ‘a large hexagonal chunk of ice’ placed next to the chest.
The ice chunk will always be placed next to the chest if cryogen haven’t been defeated and arn’t awake.
This makes sense because chances are not everyone knows how to make cryo keys but Yharim talked about how many mages tried to destroy the cryogenic castle.

Ravager: now have a truly tiny chance to spawn naturally anywhere in the overworld(biome does not matter) post golem.
This ceases once it had been defeated at least once.
This makes sense since If it was roams the land, the player, similarly traversing the same land, should have a chance to bump into it.

Bumblebirb: now have a 0.3% chance to replace any jungle enemy post-providence, the chance for this to happen is doubled post DoG.
This stops when yharon had been defeated.

This makes some sense since the jungle should be overcrowded with birbs, but they only attack those who are a threat to Yharim.
You’re not a threat to Yharim so they don’t show up at first, but when you defeat providence you truly becomes one.

Suggestion: natural boss spawns.
Calamity has a lot of cool bosses with cool lore, buuut the fact that the player usually have to manually spawn a boss to fight it makes the lore a bit unrealistic...
For this reason, I had come up with a few somewhat unique and reasonable ways to ‘naturally’ spawn bosses that should be naturally spawnable.

desert scourge: now have a tiny chance to spawns naturally when a player with 160+ hp enters the the desert.
This makes sense because the player will have significantly more life in his/her body than the other creatures in the desert(cnidrions are very dry).

Slime god:now spawns when a slime rain is completed after 5 king slimes was beaten.
This makes sense because the slime god will hate its creations being murdered by the player.

Cryogen: now spawns when one enters an ice tomb in hardmode and attempts to destroy ‘a large hexagonal chunk of ice’ placed next to the chest.
The ice chunk will always be placed next to the chest if cryogen haven’t been defeated and arn’t awake.
This makes sense because chances are not everyone knows how to make cryo keys but Yharim talked about how many mages tried to destroy the cryogenic castle.

Ravager: now have a truly tiny chance to spawn naturally anywhere in the overworld(biome does not matter) post golem.
This ceases once it had been defeated at least once.
This makes sense since If it was roams the land, the player, similarly traversing the same land, should have a chance to bump into it.

Bumblebirb: now have a 0.3% chance to replace any jungle enemy post-providence, the chance for this to happen is doubled post DoG.
This stops when yharon had been defeated.

This makes some sense since the jungle should be overcrowded with birbs, but they only attack those who are a threat to Yharim.
You’re not a threat to Yharim so they don’t show up at first, but when you defeat providence you truly becomes one.
Natural spawning was a thing before but it got removed. Who knows why.

Aaaaand well, in my opinion Yharim would consider the player the threat after he/she kills Yharon. Why? Well, DoG destroyed Yharim's forces and Yharim offered him to be on his side.
Also if you defeat Provi you're just doing him a favor

Um, can the halibut be slightly buffed twice more, post-plantera and post-providence? Cuz bosses after that are quite tough, but not the toughest, and killing roadblocks that leads to the hardest bosses is what this weapon is for.
And rather than just boosting the base damage, the halibut could have special effects.
Post-plantera, the halibut could have 30% DR piercing and 25 defense piercing, this is allow the halibut to damage the overly damage-resistant post-plantera bosses such as leviathan or Astrum Deus.

Post providence, the halibut can have all bullets inserted turn slightly homing, the bullet’s primary effect should still be intact.
Anyvprojectiles created due to the bullet’s primary effect will not turn homing unless they are naturally homing.
This effect allows it to damage the swift signus and greatly boost the chance of hitting the weaver’s tail.

Last edited:
i keep running into the same error when trying to make a new world:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

these are my other enabled mods:
- echoes of the ancients
- the split mod
- the antiaris
- thorium mod

is there any solution to this? i really am in need of one.

EDIT: i just disabled one of the mods i had on and tried to make a world, worked perfectly, how come i didn't notice the outofmemory thing

Last edited:
Hello. I've been playing Calamity for a week, and I've been loving it! The game play, the bosses, their lore, the loot, and the accessories are just great!

So, I have a problem. I was playing the mod, and I found that I could update it, so I did. But now, I can't play it anymore. It keeps giving me this error message:

at CalamityMod.CalamityMod.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

What do I do? It's been working just fine, and I've even been using other mods with it (anti-Social). After I got the error, I tried over and over to play it. I removed the other mod to see if that would make a difference. I tried re-downloading, and I even got a copy of a friend's version that was exactly the same. Nothing worked. I've got 'Quality' set to low, effects off, lighting to 'White', B&G off, frame skip at 'Subtle', no parallax, and I like to play at full screen (basically a faster performance). Thank you very much!

Hello. I've been playing Calamity for a week, and I've been loving it! The game play, the bosses, their lore, the loot, and the accessories are just great!

So, I have a problem. I was playing the mod, and I found that I could update it, so I did. But now, I can't play it anymore. It keeps giving me this error message:

What do I do? It's been working just fine, and I've even been using other mods with it (anti-Social). After I got the error, I tried over and over to play it. I removed the other mod to see if that would make a difference. I tried re-downloading, and I even got a copy of a friend's version that was exactly the same. Nothing worked. I've got 'Quality' set to low, effects off, lighting to 'White', B&G off, frame skip at 'Subtle', no parallax, and I like to play at full screen (basically a faster performance). Thank you very much!

This seems to be a PC performance issue. From what I can tell by "System.OutOfMemoryException" it most likely means you have overloaded your CPU, RAM, or GPU. A way you can fix this is disabling all mods except of vital mods and Calamity Mod, and that might help it. I get this a lot, with a lower-end PC myself. But if you know for a fact you have a high-end PC, then it may not be because of low RAM, CPU, etc. I would have no other windows open except Terraria, because it may be because you have too much other windows open. Maybe also find a way to use even less graphics. The update (if you before were at 1.3) 1.4 has added a lot of new stuff, including replaces Astrageldon Slime, but this may potentially be an odd bug. So you may need to wait for another bugfix update it.

Sorry if I'm not much help.

Even with a good PC (which I have) I hit these errors when running too many mods. It's because Terraria was written with a memory limit hardcoded into it. Even with huge amount of RAM, it will still throw this error when you use too many mods. It's a shame as I like to mod my games to all hell.
If that's the case than I literally have no idea what the problem is. Sorry :/

after update
NICE!!!

Back
Top Bottom