• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 844 21.0%
  • Bosses

Votes: 1,540 38.3%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,095 27.2%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 299 7.4%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 246 6.1%

• Total voters

Aerion

Steampunker
I'm somewhat late to the party with mods, but can someone check me on this?
The Lucky modifier on accessories is changed to 2% with this mod, right? Cause I can't find that in the wiki or anything (maybe I'm just bad at searching), and this somewhat irks me.

Aurora3500

Staff member
I WAS LITRALY BANNED FOR INSULTING SOME ONE PET ON ACCDEINT
I EVEN MADE AN APOLGY
YET THEY TAKE ME AS A JOKE AND KEEP INSULTING ME
YEAH BECAUASE A LITTLE DEAD CAT IS WORTH MORE THAN I CAN EVER BE
AND THEY MUTED ME KICKED ME AND PERM BAN ME
LIKE SEROUSILY?
@paladin asvr

This is not an appropriate way to express your issue. We have no jurisdiction on what happens in Discord or any site outside of these Forums, as a result we ask that Discord drama and issues not be brought here.

If you have an issue that happened off site, taking it up in a PM or a different site is a better way to go about it. Please do not bring Discord drama here.

@paladin asvr

This is not an appropriate way to express your issue. We have no jurisdiction on what happens in Discord or any site outside of these Forums, as a result we ask that Discord drama and issues not be brought here.

If you have an issue that happened off site, taking it up in a PM or a different site is a better way to go about it. Please do not bring Discord drama here.
This is why I refuse to join Discord groups for mods.

In all seriousness, I'm waiting for the grand finale update. So then people can stop getting angry at the calamity devs for stuff. You all should know Morning Drew is mentally unstable, so don't be surprised you got unreasonably booted.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Calamity got too big, too fast.
like, the development is :red:ed at this point, the mod doesn't even run anymore on ALOT of people's PCs due to it needing far too much RAM. (people are asking for older versions because of this)
As I suggested before, the music needs to be split off into a seperate mod.
Furthermore, I got a hunch Calamity will have to be made for that upcoming TModLoader 64Bit version at this rate to handle more than 4GBs of memory and bypass the hardcoded memory limit.

Last edited:

Unit One

Staff member
You all should know Morning Drew is mentally unstable, so don't be surprised you got unreasonably booted.
Not cool @IDGCaptainRussia. Say what you want about the mod, and state it politely, but do not start attacking the person. This forum will not put up with such rudeness.

well i got nothing to say here anymore then
or will i ?
you guys have to understand one thing
let me drop some wisdom here
to be fully at peace , of any problem
you need to treat everything and ANYTHING
justfully and righteoussly
everybody deserves a chance
like i dont understand
how could anyone ban someone permentaly just for a temporial mistake
and i even made an apolgy
[doublepost=1546783712,1546783574][/doublepost]the reason i choose this thread is because
fabsol
you know, he is supposed to be the boss here
he puplished this mod
and his discord
so he must be fully responsiable for anything to anyone who follows his trail
@paladin asvr, you were informed that these forums do not permit outside drama to be brought here. And yet you are continuing. This is your second warning. Leave the drama off these forums - if you’ve got a problem with something that happened off these forums, take care of it off these forums.

If you continue you will have your account restricted, and you won’t get to act like it was undeserved because everyone can see what you’re doing right here.

Not cool @IDGCaptainRussia. Say what you want about the mod, and state it politely, but do not start attacking the person. This forum will not put up with such rudeness.
Not my words: Fabsol talked about it publicly in his own channel in the discord. I'm just simply repeating what he said (granted, not the same words, but the same meaning, so on) for those who refuse to join the discord. I got nothing against the guy, he's not having it easy and I do feel pity for all the responsibility he has now he has trouble keeping up with. I'm just saying to not expect him to work wonders for those who think he can.

But if we must retain formalities, Sorry for the stir and I won't bring it up again. This isn't my battle anyways so why I'm getting involved is beyond me. I tend to get annoyed by others being annoyed.

and i am banned
justice served me right?
I think you still owe some apologizes for getting your panties in a twist and yelling with capslock. Atleast that first.
But, as I was saying, Fabsol owns the largest Terraria mod to date, and he just can't handle it very well anymore, it's having effects on his health and people like you demanding he answer to every little bit is overwhelming.
This is what I meant with what sounded like an insult in my last post and I'm sorry to fabsol if that's what it was viewed as.

Unit One

Staff member
and i am banned
justice served me right?
Your privileges to post in this thread have been removed.

Not my words: Fabsol talked about it publicly in his own channel in the discord. I'm just simply repeating what he said (granted, not the same words, but the same meaning, so on) for those who refuse to join the discord. I got nothing against the guy, he's not having it easy and I do feel pity for all the responsibility he has now he has trouble keeping up with. I'm just saying to not expect him to work wonders for those who think he can.

But if we must retain formalities, Sorry for the stir and I won't bring it up again. This isn't my battle anyways so why I'm getting involved is beyond me. I tend to get annoyed by others being annoyed.
Ah, I understand, thank you for the clarification CaptainRussia. I think it’s best though if the discussion here is about the Calamity mod and does not delve into personal things about any mod developers themselves.

DracoLee

Terrarian
So whenever I try to enable the mod, it always shows me the same error message,

An error occurred while loading CalamityMod
This mod has automatically been disable. See below for actual error:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at CalamityMod.CalamityMod.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(object threadContext)

This same error shows up every time I try to enable it. I'm not sure what to do
Does anyone know how to fix this so that I can actually use the mod?
I'm having the exact same problem

Unit One

Staff member
Hello so i got banned cuz i owned "pirated" (cracked) terraria from your discord server but i bought terraria so can i please be unbanned ?
Hi there @Wall of Cheese, if you got banned from the Calamity Discord, you'll need to take care of that somewhere else besides here. This forum has nothing to do with the Calamity Discord. I suggest you contact the appropriate members of the discord another way - by private message or however you can. This forum is not going to be a place to discuss and resolve actions taken within the Calamity Discord.

Hi there @Wall of Cheese, if you got banned from the Calamity Discord, you'll need to take care of that somewhere else besides here. This forum has nothing to do with the Calamity Discord. I suggest you contact the appropriate members of the discord another way - by private message or however you can. This forum is not going to be a place to discuss and resolve actions taken within the Calamity Discord.
thanks for the fast reply but please dont mind me as i have no other way of contacting him since i dont have any of the calamity discord members tags to ask them nor any other way please consider keeping this appeal here and i'm sorry for bothering you :)

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
How come all the throwing weapons in this mod because rogue weapons? Wouldn't that cause issues with other mods' throwing weapons, meaning you couldn't mix and match them without having the full benefits of both from damage bonuses and such? I get the impression that would just make things a lot more complex and mess up running multiple mods with new throwing weapons.

Unit One

Staff member
thanks for the fast reply but please dont mind me as i have no other way of contacting him since i dont have any of the calamity discord members tags to ask them nor any other way please consider keeping this appeal here and i'm sorry for bothering you :)
I'll send you a private message and we can discuss it more in there so that this thread can get back on topic. On topic talk here is for discussing the Calamity mod (and not the Calamity Discord).

Melster

Official Terrarian
How come all the throwing weapons in this mod because rogue weapons? Wouldn't that cause issues with other mods' throwing weapons, meaning you couldn't mix and match them without having the full benefits of both from damage bonuses and such? I get the impression that would just make things a lot more complex and mess up running multiple mods with new throwing weapons.
Well, if they changed it then they should be sure about what they're doing. Why would they change something so small only to make it worse?

KakanOfDoom

Terrarian
I get error when trying to create a new map. I get it when it comes to loading - Brimstone Crag. Abyss and Structures.

The game has crashed!
an exception error of the type System.OutOfMemoryException occurred.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Applay(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GeneratorWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generatorWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadcontext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadcontext)

sqwerty__

Terrarian
I get error when trying to create a new map. I get it when it comes to loading - Brimstone Crag. Abyss and Structures.

The game has crashed!
an exception error of the type System.OutOfMemoryException occurred.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Applay(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GeneratorWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generatorWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadcontext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadcontext)
With my highly limited knowledge, it seems that the game has trouble allocating physical memory or something similar. Does Terraria experience high memory in Task Manager or sorts?

With my highly limited knowledge, it seems that the game has trouble allocating physical memory or something similar. Does Terraria experience high memory in Task Manager or sorts?
Yeah, it's a hardlimit of 32bit applications.
IE unless you get lucky with tinkering around with what mods you have on and your world size, your gonna need the 64bit version TMODLoader to even run Calamity at this point.

I really think this needs to be added to the front page under an FAQ, people who can't get calamity to work because of this are going to keep repeating the same issues over and over again and filling up this thread with the same messages because they can't be bothered to read if there's a fix in previous messages "Hint, Broken Essences from Fargo's mod because of Throrium, hint" (oh on that note, an FAQ about "not posting discord drama in this thread" would be appreciated too)

This honestly is not good, not only does Calamity require a unreasonable amount of RAM, but if goes 64bit only, it means non-64bit systems will be locked out of it, including non-windows systems too.
That's going to kill this mod's popularity.
But there isn't an easy fix in the slighest, making the music separate would help, but that would degrade the experience as a whole if you couldn't use it.
Calamity is in a similar boat right now as Dawn of War Soulstorm's Ultimate Apocalypse Mod: It's gotten super big and super popular, but super heavy too.

Last edited:

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
IE unless you get lucky with tinkering around with what mods you have on and your world size, your gonna need the 64bit version TMODLoader to even run Calamity at this point.

I really think this needs to be added to the front page under an FAQ, people who can't get calamity to work because of this are going to keep repeating the same issues over and over again and filling up this thread with the same messages because they can't be bothered to read if there's a fix in previous messages "Hint, Broken Essences from Fargo's mod because of Throrium, hint" (oh on that note, an FAQ about "not posting discord drama in this thread" would be appreciated too)

This honestly is not good, not only does Calamity require a unreasonable amount of RAM, but if goes 64bit only, it means non-64bit systems will be locked out of it, including non-windows systems too.
But there isn't an easy fix in the slighest, making the music separate would help, but that would degrade the experience as a whole if you couldn't use it.
Calamity is in a similar boat right now as Dawn of War Soulstorm's Ultimate Apocalypse Mod: It's gotten super big and super popular, but super heavy too.
I hope the 64 bit version becomes official soon, because right now it sounds too risky (in terms of breaking mods) for me and would likely lock me out of multiplayer with my friends. Calamity is a huge beast of a mod and it makes a huge difference in memory used. I'm at the point that on my older playthroughs, I can't even play them anymore without having to disable some other mods due to Calamity updates making things even bigger. Probably doesn't help that I tend to play close to the memory limit already for how mods I have installed.

Also I don't think the latest version of Calamity has been on the mod browser for a while. I'm not even sure if the Discord server posts at @everyone when an update is posted. So it could be a bit of time before I even know an update is out.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

I'm just repeating this again. If you're not gonna respond, let me delete SysWOW64 and System32.

Fabsol

Plantera

My major problem is the sheer size of MP3 music files compared to far more optimized formats like OGG. I really hope that tModLoader finds a way to use a different format for their music and sound effects (sound effects are WAV by the way, which are even larger than MP3 files).

I will be releasing a musicless version next update I think, just for the people that don't have sufficient RAM to deal with the full version.

A solution for people that need the musicless version:
Mute the in-game music and open DM DOKURO's videos so you can listen to his music even if it's not in-game. Sure this is a workaround, but I hope it helps :)

My major problem is the sheer size of MP3 music files compared to far more optimized formats like OGG. I really hope that tModLoader finds a way to use a different format for their music and sound effects (sound effects are WAV by the way, which are even larger than MP3 files).

I will be releasing a musicless version next update I think, just for the people that don't have sufficient RAM to deal with the full version.

A solution for people that need the musicless version:
Mute the in-game music and open DM DOKURO's videos so you can listen to his music even if it's not in-game. Sure this is a workaround, but I hope it helps :)
There we go, problem solved!

Unless I missed the point, maintaining 2 versions of calamity is going to get messy, I feel the best approach would be having the mod with the music, and an addon mod that adds the music back in
or, if people can't handle all the music, you could split it up into different mods, like a music pack for prehardmode, hardmode, and post-hardmode.
Just throwing out helpful ideas but it's your call. The fact that your fully aware of this and taking action is great to hear!
Like I said there Is no easy way around this, but hey at-least calamity won't be going 64bit exclusive!

On another note I agree, getting support for compressed file formats like ogg would be fanatic in a future TModLoader update. Since pretty much most people know mp3 is a pretty bloated format.

Top Bottom