tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Oh god I forgot about that change, I hope that did get reverted.

An easy fix would be to just have the mod as
  • Calamity Mod
  • Calamity Music
  • Calamity Vanilla Rebalance
So that you can choose whether you have the vanilla changes or not. The mod is already split into multiple downloads, so I don't see any reason not to do it at this point. The Rebalance part of the mod could include the Planetoids, since they expand the world's size, which isn't desirable for people running other mods alongside Calamity, and there's extremely little Calamity-related content associated with them. The boss health bar and class proficiency system could also be part of it, since there's already standalone mods that do that.

@Flamingo @IDGCaptainRussia
  • In Revengeance Mode, all attacks labelled as summon will do much less damage if the player is holding a weapon belonging to a different class. This damage decrease scales as the player progresses (10% in Pre-Hardmode, 33% in Hardmode and 66% Post-Moon Lord). However, if the player is using a summon weapon damage is increased by 10% until Moon Lord has been defeated."
Source: bottom of this page https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Minions

Finally found it, doesn't say it's been changed but could be out of date idk. I don't play Revengeance for an endless number of reasons so I had never noticed it.

@Technotoad64 that would be nice, ideally even more split up into multiple mods so people who like say, planetoids but don't care for the chlorophyte bullet nerfs can customize their play a bit. I already use far more interesting leveling systems and don't really want or need Calamity's boring version adding some random damage, and the altered damage reduction mechanics and melee attackspeed caps are cosmically stupid.

Would be REALLY nice if the Rogue crap just got reverted to Throwing until there was ANY meaningful reason to exist, as-is it just ensures that despite using the mod for ~2 years I'll uninstall it, probably permanently, when I next decide to do a Throwing class playthrough. It's just been going steadily downhill as it tries to wrest control of people's gameplay and options from them, and I'm losing hope in any positive change at this point.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to make it to where bosses behave differently when multiple players are in the game, and is it possible to have Perennial Ore spread like Chlorophyte ore?

Wait I got it!

Maybe you have to fight a massively buffed DD2 event before you refight Yharon. It would make sense to fight a jungle dragon you'd first need to "prove your might" against another, though lesser dragon.

Still trying to see if there's a way to tie DD2 stuff into Calamity since Betsy gets no love here :(

Idk if bug report can be done here but I will do it anyways

So, I was playing the game normaly and a goblin invasion started. In the middle of it however I found out I had 2 Fungal Clumps instead of one even tho I was using only one Fungal Clump in my accessories. After the gobling army was defeated they just kind of stacked up one another due to their same moviment. Did a bit of research but I didn't found anything about two Fungal Clumps.

If anyone wants to recreate my situation, that's everything I did before noticing this:

-Died to the Slime God
-Closed the game
-Open it after about 15 minutes
-Summoned and defeated 4 EoC at the same time (using Fargo spawners)
-Goblin Army spawned naturaly

If you want more info or a image just say

I installed calamity in Jan, and wiki had it already. Was sure it should exist in my version. Thanks!!
v1.4.1.4 definitely has it Proficiency.

Ah man I'm such an idiot, of course the team is getting paid, the mod has a patreon.

My apologizes, the Rouge damage quiet reasons as to make more sense now.
Still, in due time we will know.

I'd like to report a bug that I found at macOS.
I installed tmodloader and calamity mod normally and the version is tmodloader for mac v0.10.1.5 and calamity 1.4.1.003 form this forums.
Everything is going perfectly til I load the calamity mod.
When it comes to Initializing CalamityMod a smaller line of text below Fonts/HPBarFont.xnb and after a few seconds the game will crash.It will freezes until you force quit the game.
Then I took a little research on the internet there some redditer said,"Try holding the sun in the background with your cursor while initializing the mod or just try disable the background in game setting.
Here is the thing the whole sun thing it actually worked although I never tried the background disable because sun chasing is just fun.
The true question is why is this happening I believe this is not the easter egg for Mac users or is it?

Last edited:
Idk if bug report can be done here but I will do it anyways

So, I was playing the game normaly and a goblin invasion started. In the middle of it however I found out I had 2 Fungal Clumps instead of one even tho I was using only one Fungal Clump in my accessories. After the gobling army was defeated they just kind of stacked up one another due to their same moviment. Did a bit of research but I didn't found anything about two Fungal Clumps.

If anyone wants to recreate my situation, that's everything I did before noticing this:

-Died to the Slime God
-Closed the game
-Open it after about 15 minutes
-Summoned and defeated 4 EoC at the same time (using Fargo spawners)
-Goblin Army spawned naturaly

If you want more info or a image just say

Attempted a fix for that for next update.

Hello, i have problem with calamity mod. I have enabled just calamity+music and when i make new char and world, i dont get starter bag and i see no rage bar and the other one. Can someone help me? Thank you

Wait I got it!

Maybe you have to fight a massively buffed DD2 event before you refight Yharon. It would make sense to fight a jungle dragon you'd first need to "prove your might" against another, though lesser dragon.

Still trying to see if there's a way to tie DD2 stuff into Calamity since Betsy gets no love here :(
As far as "proving might", the player already beat Providence, DoG, Polterghast, Bumblebirb, and ironically half of Yharon. Wanting a little expansion on an underutilized boss is fair enough, but no matter how you set it up, it's a little silly for Yharon to lose to you and then ask you to "prove your might".

Ah man I'm such an idiot, of course the team is getting paid, the mod has a patreon.

My apologizes, the Rouge damage quiet reasons as to make more sense now.
It actually doesn't. The stipulations of copyright have very little to do with whether or not the person violating the copyrights is making money. Copyright owners are entitled to full control of distribution, and the only time when another party can legally distribute portions of the copyright without permission is if the distribution falls within fair use. Fair use is a four-step process that evaluates the following things.

1. The nature of the use - for example, is the copyright being dissected for educational purposes? Many film classes will show relevant portions of Citizen Kane to demonstrate camera framing and other techniques.
2. The quantity of the use - fair use requests that the amount of the copyright used should be the bare minimum to illustrate the point being made, whether for critical purposes or otherwise. If you want to discuss the framing techniques in Citizen Kane, you can't show the entire film uninterrupted. You should only show the relevant scenes.
3. Is the use transformative? That is, when you show those relevant scenes from Citizen Kane, do you add a significant amount of commentary? If you play a few minutes, or even freeze a frame to discuss it, the discussion transforms the product into something educational rather than being the entertainment piece it started as.
4. Is the use commercially competitive with the original product? That is, does the use replace something that might be released by the original copyright owner, therefore obstructing the market value of the original copyright?

Number four is the tricky part for mods, they add content that the copyright holder might add at a later date, or that they might provide in a DLC package. The reason why most mods don't wind up in court, however, is because many publishers recognize that after a certain period, they don't intend to release more content and they view modding as non-competitive. In fact, modding can extend the lifespan of a game and generate more interest in the product - many people think Skyrim wouldn't still be successful if it weren't for the modding community.

But should a mod step on the copyright owner's toes, you will occasionally see a Cease and Desist order. For example, when a group of modders started working on a project to make Skyrim multiplayer, Bethesda stepped in and shot them down because they felt it would be competitive with their Elder Scrolls Online product.

So if someone is going to be fired for working on a mod, the money isn't a factor. Either
A) They were let go from a company with a no-compete clause and are thus restricted from working elsewhere for a stipulated period, so they can't let it be known they're working on anything.
B) They're violating copyrights and they know it, and they will never accept credit because the violation will be illegal until the copyright falls into the public domain or whatever (though that'll be in like a hundred years).
C) Some other reason, or Fabsol doesn't understand the situation and actually nobody would get fired.

2 Things:
A: Betsy makes more sense to fight than Mothron (That's why I suggested that) before you can fight Yharon again.

B: If that's so than why hasn't Fabsol been C&D by Relogic for Patreon income?
As I see it he's not making money "off" the mod, he's getting monthly donations from dedicated fans and he's sharing it with the entire team who made it possible.

As for firing people, that's none of our concern anyways. I don't know what goes on inside the inner mod's development nor should I know. Calamity hasn't gone the :red: road alot of projects often do atleast yet.

I don't know about Re-Logic, but the AAA developers could certainly sue a modder and establish some kind of precedent. I doubt the argument, "but people donate to us for no reason, it has nothing to do with the only thing we produce!" would work out so well. Part of the court process is arguing your case before a human, after all.

I'm not saying having a Betsy fight is a bad idea. Just that the fact that you defeat Yharon's first phase should logically be proof you're "strong enough". As it is, it reads like Yharon chickens out and comes up with a weak excuse to avoid finishing the fight.

I don't know about Re-Logic, but the AAA developers could certainly sue a modder and establish some kind of precedent. I doubt the argument, "but people donate to us for no reason, it has nothing to do with the only thing we produce!" would work out so well. Part of the court process is arguing your case before a human, after all.

I'm not saying having a Betsy fight is a bad idea. Just that the fact that you defeat Yharon's first phase should logically be proof you're "strong enough". As it is, it reads like Yharon chickens out and comes up with a weak excuse to avoid finishing the fight.
Not saying a Sue could happen, keep in mind all the reference items this mod has, alot, like the base game. I don't think Relogic would act thou, Calamity is a selling point for the game like many just like all large content mods.

I'm not fond either of the "lets fight Yharon twice" design choice, the part I was challenging is why Mothron? I honestly felt an uber version of the DD2 event would be more fitting since it ends with a D'R'A'G'O'N, you know, cus Yharon is also a Dragon? (His design doesn't strike me as a dragon thou, and Betsy is technically a Wyvern, but lets just go with it since it's better than Mothron of all things)

Final note: If I had to take a guess, Fabsol wanted to include all the moon events into the mod somehow, but this doesn't really make sense since the blood moon doesn't get the same love as the others.

I'm not trying to assert that Re-Logic is going to send lawyers after anyone. The other thing about mods is that they usually aren't making a whole lot of money and the copyright holder would have to prove enough damages to be worth it. An actual court case could be like $50k for both sides, I hear, and settlements for copyright infringement might be lower. It's a headache for everyone and probably not lucrative.

But if somebody is worried about being fired, it would presumably be because they're doing something that'll cause a real headache for their company. Like maybe Fabsol is being given code from an unreleased game patch Re-Logic made - that'd be a fireable offense. Also good grounds for a C&D in general because it's pretty far over the line. Less severe reasons a person might get fired exist, but I could only speculate.

One amusing possibility could be if the programmer had some kind of Disney clause, and anything they make belongs to the company they work for. Who knows, though. To quote the other guy, Fabsol saying the Rogue changes could get someone fired "only raises more questions". It is absolutely unclear why that might be, let alone why someone would risk their job to code for Calamity.

Back
Top Bottom