1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

tModLoader Calamity Mod

Discussion in 'Released' started by MountainDrew, May 27, 2016.

?

What would you like me to create more of?

1. NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

836 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. Bosses

1,518 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

1,080 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

297 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

244 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Phupperbat

Phupperbat Terrarian

To me, it seems like you didn't read Fabsol's post for Large World Enabler.

MountainDrew and ARTEZUI like this.
  2. blaze025XD

blaze025XD Terrarian

I cant activate LWE, I watch MountainDrew's post in what he said to download the mod, but when I activate It and then restart the mods the system out of memory message appears and deactivates the mod instantly.
    How can I solve the SystemOutOfMemoryException?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  3. blaze025XD

blaze025XD Terrarian

[​IMG] For you to see my bug
    I needed to uploaded on DeviantArt because I couldn't upload a file i know that this is shabby, but there it is the image is the first character and for you to see that I'm not faking that character has 151 hours played
    If you can't see the image go to my page in DeviantArt it's the same name as this account here(THIS ISN'T SPAM)

4. Flamingo

Flamingo Terrarian

Like "You're on", or like "Sharon"? This man asking the real important questions, here.
    [​IMG]

5. Stickyb0mbSandwich

Stickyb0mbSandwich The Destroyer

which one of these dragons said NO HOMO or else I'm calling the cops

joke; nice drawing though.

also I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Yhar-on @LinkSans2000

6. Shucky boye

Shucky boye Terrarian

Okay okay okay
    1: your character may have just gotten corrupted, no way to really say thats the mod fault
    2: then again, how are you so sure these crashes are the mod fault
    3: if it was an old world then the minimap data gets lost, its a vanilla issue not ours
    4: AGAIN, how are you so sure its the mod fault?
    5: YOU KNOW THATS NOT OUR ISSUE RIGHT?, out of memory means you ran out of ram, YOUR RAM, so you either disable a few of your presumably lots of mods or not use calamity music mod, OR you get better RaM

MountainDrew likes this.
  7. Shucky boye

Shucky boye Terrarian

Oh god i just realized you were using both tremor and antiaris....
    Now that solves things

ARTEZUI likes this.
  8. Flamingo

Flamingo Terrarian

You are not worthy to judge the second half of Sharon's life choices. You can judge him for being the ride of a derpy Lord of All Things, but what Sharon chose to do after that is Sharon's business!

With a 32 bit program, you're just hard-capped at using a little less than 4 gigs of RAM. You can buy the biggest RAM sticks on the market, but the program won't be able to access anything more than that limit. The only option is to disable mods and reduce the memory the program is using.

9. LinkSans2000

LinkSans2000 Golem

Cool; was just curious

10. Stickyb0mbSandwich

There is an unofficial 64Bit version of Tmodloader that works with alot of mods
    , I suggest looking into it if you plan to use alot of mods; some mods like TerrariaOverhaul don't work though, neither does Terraria Hooks from my experience

(;・д・)!!!

11. Shucky boye

Shucky boye Terrarian

Yeah i was saying that in case he had like 3 GB of RaM or something

12. Flamingo

Flamingo Terrarian

Well that can't be right. Unless the guy's still using XP, almost any OS is going to use like 2 GB passively. Ten years ago, a pre-built computer would have had 8 Gigs of RAM, I think, and a typical home-use OS prior to Windows 8 would cap the amount of RAM you can access overall, so it's not necessarily beneficial to buy a ton of new RAM for an old system.

What you could do - and this really depends on your bottleneck - is buy some RAM with better speed and CAS, and then overclock your RAM in your BIOS. To do that you'd have to know your systems specs and make sure you're not going to have problems, but it's possible that with faster RAM you might be able to process everything before you run into that wall.

It's probably not worth upgrading or building a new rig just for a Terraria mod, though.

13. Shucky boye

Shucky boye Terrarian

Oh trust me,i have seen people with that little ram
    And terraria being ram limited isnt something we can fix, do we?

14. Flamingo

Flamingo Terrarian

Well.

In a normal scenario, devs would try to be considerate about RAM limits and take care to never let their product get so close as to cause a problem. More often now, we're starting to see 64 bit programs that can access more RAM because 32 bit systems are so outdated, but all the same, they still try to minimize RAM use and it's better for the program to be more efficient whenever possible. Bloat is never good.

They say that normally most users should almost never need high amounts of RAM unless they're doing a lot of video processing.

This is part of why I was advocating for a smaller mod earlier, and why I was saying all the extra biomes and oddball additions to Calamity should be separate, because if you have to start disabling mods, it'd be nice if you could, say, choose not to have the Sulfurous Sea or choose not to have this new water biome, but sill have the bosses and equipment you actually play Calamity for.

15. ashhw

ashhw Terrarian

Hello dear Terraria community and dear devs of the Calamity Mod.
    Just wanted to chekc out the drop rate for the rare "waifu in a bottle" and found out that someone change the name of it, is this right? o_O Will you change it from Waifu just to lady? Seems quite lame. Or is waifu in any way a harmfull description, as far as I know no.

Well thank you anyway for your great effort you put into this fantastic Mod. The original game is still one of my favorites but you guys did an amazing job ^_^
    ♥♥♥

16. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

Options are always good, I wouldn't be against this when it comes to those 2 biomes.

But yes bloat is, sadly a sin of the modern gaming industry it seems. Consider how large some of these AAA titles are these days in filesize when infact it's due to poor file management. (Cough Gears of War 4 Cough)

It was bound to happen to any mod that grew this large thou, but if Calamity is near the end of development, then hopefully it won't a problem too much longer.

17. Melster

Melster Skeletron Prime

All Waifus were changed to Lady, except the Rare Waifu who is now Madame. And, yes, it is right and intended. I'm not aware of the reason though so don't ask me.

18. Shucky boye

Shucky boye Terrarian

WOW, thats a :red:ty solution and a half, you get ram problems because you have too many mods and you decide that its better to limit the mod EVEN MORE, should we disable some mods? no ofc not, should we get the 64 but version of tmodloader? PFFFFFT No, should we blame one singular mod that was split literally to help with ram issues? WELL YEAH OF COURSE
    ..... and here i come again, going back to where i began, this ISNT calamity fault, ofc you wont be able to use a crap ton of mods with limited RAM, BUT ITS NOT SOMETHING WE SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR, you have x64 tmodloader, you can simply remove unnecesary mods, BUT NOOOOOOOOO, you gotta blame calamity for all your problems
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2019 ---
    and i aint gonna bother continuing this because we literally went on a circle

19. MountainDrew

MountainDrew The Destroyer

Bloated?

Now that is about as subjective as you can get, you cannot quantify bloat, nor can you quantify what is 'too much content'.

What you call 'bloat', I call fun. The same can be said about many who play large content mods such as this mod and Thorium, the content is quality and is only considered bad if you nitpick it to death.

You are welcome to dislike an objectively good mod though, I don't mind that :)
    What I DO mind is when people blame a large mod for all of their problems when in reality it's their own fault for screwing something up.

20. Stickyb0mbSandwich

They changed the name? huh?? I saw nothing wrong with the name honestly. kinda sucks now cause I actually like the name it had (not that those were actually my waifus, obvs. don't have any) and it felt somewhat funny spending my time to grind for those items, added to my enjoyment of playing the mod ah well. I still love the mod though <3
    s
    "Hey Ribbon , what are you doing?"

"Getting waifus in a bottle..."

"what..?"

Maybe this could be a suggestion you could forward to them; like terrarias world generating options maybe they could try to add an option during world-gen if you want to have the extra biomes and what-not.

<snipped this last part cause I found out I was replying to the wrong person>
    way to go Ribbon! even just putting your opinion out you can't do correctly!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    LolbitShowStarter likes this.