tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Hi guys! I guess someone probably asked about it but with 772 pages i have to admit i didnt even try to look for it for real but i have an actual big problem with calamity mod.

Every time i play (online or solo), my game crash around 20-30 min for no reason. Any idea than can help plz ?

Thanks for you answer

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me with an issue I've been having since yesterday. I just recently decided to download tModLoader two days ago and it worked perfectly. I even got to download(?) Calamity from the 'Mod Browser' thing from the main menu. That also worked normally. I tried launching Terraria yesterday but every time the game (not a world) starts to load it always freezes at "Initializing: CalamityMod (Fonts/HPBarFont.xnb)". View attachment 222488 View attachment 222489

Also, I play on a mac if that changes anything
I don't know why this works, or what the underlying bug is, but when tModLoader is loading Calamity, hold the sun in place while it loads. You can click and hold on the sun on the Terraria loading screen to move it around, and holding it in place until Calamity has finished loading always does the trick for me. It's the weirdest solution.
[doublepost=1560480348,1560480242][/doublepost]
Hi guys! I guess someone probably asked about it but with 772 pages i have to admit i didnt even try to look for it for real but i have an actual big problem with calamity mod.

Every time i play (online or solo), my game crash around 20-30 min for no reason. Any idea than can help plz ?

Thanks for you answer
What version of tModLoader are you using? I was getting this because my version of tModLoader was either too new or too old for Calamity to play nicely with it, I forget which. Currently I'm using v0.10.1.5 on Terraria 1.3.5.2 and that's been stable.

With the rogue class being expanded on, are actual accessories going to be required for the Nanotech eventually? It seems kinda weird for a powerful near-endgame class accessory to simply require some somewhat easy-to-get materials.

Last edited:
I don't know why this works, or what the underlying bug is, but when tModLoader is loading Calamity, hold the sun in place while it loads. You can click and hold on the sun on the Terraria loading screen to move it around, and holding it in place until Calamity has finished loading always does the trick for me. It's the weirdest solution.
[doublepost=1560480348,1560480242][/doublepost]
What version of tModLoader are you using? I was getting this because my version of tModLoader was either too new or too old for Calamity to play nicely with it, I forget which. Currently I'm using v0.10.1.5 on Terraria 1.3.5.2 and that's been stable.

Thanks for you answer!

Well right now my version are 0.10.1.5 (Tmodloader) and 1.3.5.2 (Terraria)

Tengo un problema D: bueno, el hecho es que no me permite combinarlo con otros mods mod espíritu y torio mod mods, pero no solo con aquellos también con otros como boss cheklist y no sé si es incompatibilidad o no. Es solo la versión del mod pero supongo que tengo la última ;;;

I'm not able to play it because I've tried multiple time to try and type the Mediafire download thing and it says to click the link, which is a picture. :I

Tengo un problema D: bueno, el hecho es que no me permite combinarlo con otros mods mod espíritu y torio mod mods, pero no solo con aquellos también con otros como boss cheklist y no sé si es incompatibilidad o no. Es solo la versión del mod pero supongo que tengo la última ;;;
im pretty sure it works with thorium mod

I'm not able to play it because I've tried multiple time to try and type the Mediafire download thing and it says to click the link, which is a picture. :I
Gonna go out on a limb here and say you're probably clicking the wrong download link, but idk what the website looks like because I use the mod browser. If you can't get mediafire to work, I would suggest trying to use the mod browser that's built directly into the tmodloader version of terraria.

Works yes, but I heard Ocean Biomes come out poorly between the two conflicting mods?
Should be fine:
The Sulphurous Sea, also known as the Sulphur Sea, is a [URL='https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Biome']biome added by the Calamity Mod which spawns upon world creation. It replaces the Ocean on the Dungeon side, and is located on top of the Abyss. Its water is yellow, and it contains a hole leading to the Abyss.[/url]
The Aquatic Depths is an underground [URL='https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Biome']biome completely filled with water. It is found underneath the Ocean biome's sandy floor, opposite of the dungeon. The player can enter the Aquatic Depths through a huge gap in the sand.[/url]

I'm currently playing with Thorium, Calamity, and also Antiaris, Spirit, GRealms, Peculiarity, Elements Awoken, Shadow of Abaddon, and more. I got the dungeon on the east side, so that put the Antiaris pirate ship on the Sulphurous Sea and the Antiaris wrecked submarine near the entrance to the Aquatic Depths. I got Peculiarity's asteroid field in the sky layer above the Sulphurous Sea. Nothing else to report.

Well, I have decided it might be a good idea to make another Calamity playthrough, and keep track of things that I notice. Just did two others the past weeks, this one I am doing now is purely Calamity mod though. No other mod. I hope I can perhaps contribute to some balance issues or general progression issues. I hope no one minds that I do it (in separate posts as I progress).

The quick hunt for Armor: Wulfrum
Well, the start is decided quite quickly. Chop some trees, make a tiny shelter, and go from there. My general idea was to quickly obtain some decent armor. And what better way to do so than Wulfrum? And this deed was done relatively quickly. On the first day, even. With a bit of luck, I also found enough lead to make myself an Anvil. And without much trouble, I got myself a full set of Wulfrum armor. But I quickly noticed how effective this armor was. It was almost too effective. It boosts damage a little, movement, and otherwise gives a ton of armor on low health. I mean, a total of 14 armor when below 50% health for the melee armor, that's more than what Tungsten/Silver armor has. And is even higher than Victide's base armor.

After finding out about this, I kinda thought it's a little too much, isn't it? Well, it is, actually. 14 armor, even if it's only conditional, for an armor set you can obtain within one day with low effort is nuts. I remembered the Wulfrum pickaxe was a really fast one. So I crafted it the next day as well. But I was disappointed by the slow speed. I was actually sad about the nerf, because it didn't have to be. The fast speed was good for exploring, evening out the ground, etc. But well, that's just my own interpretation. The weapons are mediocre, and quickly outclassed by what you can find in chests. Considering the armor set, it's proportionally unfair. Weapons bad, but the armor good. But that's not the only set with that issue.

Armageddon on - Victide done
Well, the next goal was to defeat the desert scourge. With the preparation that I usually go for, and Armageddon enabled, I quickly managed to rip through the desert scourge without problem. And with that, I got 6 treasure bags. I got a shadow heart, and a dashing item for the water. As well as enough victory shards and sea stuff to make a bunch of Victide bars. And Viola, victide stuff has been made. Full armor, Desert Scourge stuff, and of course the lovely and fast pickaxe. But wait... This pickaxe also wasn't fast. It's frustrating to see how slow most pickaxes got.

The armor set is pretty neat, but outside of the ocean, abyss and sunken sea, it's not my cup of tea, and actually feel like it tends to be worse than Wulfrum armor, if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, inside liquids, and especially in the Sunken sea and the Abyss, it's a must have if you go there early on. Provides a ton of buffs. But outside of it, I prefer to use Wulfrum armor or gold armor. Perhaps it's just me, but that's what I feel.

As for the weapons however, Victide stuff is pretty great. Sword and Bow are must haves for me, and the urchin spear is equally as useful for crowd control. The Boomerang? A true killer. This is the exact opposite of what the Wulfrum set is. Good weapons, mediocre armor.

Smiling down upon the bosses
With decent armor on, I went ahead and defeated bosses. Preparing for the King Slime boss fight, he was spawned and finished off quickly, even in Armageddon mode. Which was some more money and equipment. A grappling hook, and a mount. It seems funny how easy this boss went. It wasn't much different with the eye. However, I kept the Armageddon mode off this time. And even this boss fight was easily done. And with the Counter Scarf equipped now, I had extra defense.

Well, my verdict for those few hours played: Both Victide and Wulfrum equipment render pretty much everything else useless. I don't need to mine for Crimtane, considering I have crimson. BoC will be done easily with the weaponry given. The only thing I need is life crystals, and perhaps some more accessories. But what I can say by now is that Victide and Wulfrum may need a little look over. Especially when it comes to weapon-to-armor balance.

My suggestion: Remove the +5 armor effect from the Wulfrum armor, and replace it instead with "Super fast mining speed for Wulfrum pickaxe". Make Victide armor a bit more on-par with the progression. Considering how easy it is to defeat the Desert Scourge, it's pretty much guaranteed you can beat it theoretically right at the beginning with enough preparation.

Next goals/feedback will be: Sunken seas, and everything until hard mode. Again, if anybody minds this documentation, I can always stop and put it in a single document instead.

Kind regards ~ peri

Noticed something about Ammo conserving attributes of certain weapons -> Most won't work (Not sure if it's actually all)
Tried out out with the Terra Flameburster (80% chance to not consume Ammo), it's upgrade: Elemental Eruption (90% Chance)
and Conclave Crossfire (50% Chance). None of them manages to conserve Ammo, which isn't too much of a big deal for the Crossfire,
however the flamethrowers chew through Gel like c r a z y .

With a 999 gel stack, the Terra Flameburster (not speedboosted) ate the entire stack in 50 seconds flat.
With a 999 gel stack, the Elemental Eruption (not speedboosted) ate the entire stack in 33 seconds flat.

Noticed something about Ammo conserving attributes of certain weapons -> Most won't work (Not sure if it's actually all)
Tried out out with the Terra Flameburster (80% chance to not consume Ammo), it's upgrade: Elemental Eruption (90% Chance)
and Conclave Crossfire (50% Chance). None of them manages to conserve Ammo, which isn't too much of a big deal for the Crossfire,
however the flamethrowers chew through Gel like c r a z y .

With a 999 gel stack, the Terra Flameburster (not speedboosted) ate the entire stack in 50 seconds flat.
With a 999 gel stack, the Elemental Eruption (not speedboosted) ate the entire stack in 33 seconds flat.
proberly due to you being unlucky

Thorium mod's ocean and Calamity's ocean are actually on opposite sides of the world.
But i don't know other mod's oceans.

Here is proof: https://i.imgur.com/VbvQMG8.png
VbvQMG8.png

Those are underworld pots and a locked shadow chest, so it's a conflict with the vanilla underworld, isn't it?

What's the world size? I believe Calamity basically requires a Large world.

Those are underworld pots and a locked shadow chest, so it's a conflict with the vanilla underworld, isn't it?

What's the world size? I believe Calamity basically requires a Large world.
Nope. The Abyss spawns both on its own. The Shadow Chests have Abyss loot in them, but I don’t know if the pots are any different.

Back
Top Bottom