tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
@MountainDrew
Fought Slime God again after updating and gotta say; MUCH better fight! Barely won, even using infinite flight from the
secret Coznix mount and such from Thorium! It was ridiculous how powerful he was in Expert and I love it!

@MountainDrew
Fought Slime God again after updating and gotta say; MUCH better fight! Barely won, even using infinite flight from the
secret Coznix mount and such from Thorium! It was ridiculous how powerful he was in Expert and I love it!

Did you like his 'Abyss Ball Volley' that he now fires? I think it's a pretty fun attack to deal with, considering it goes through walls :p

soo i know some moding about basic things like te drops,item creation,and crafting items i dont know how to do the npcs creation and bosses and thaths all :3

soo i know some moding about basic things like te drops,item creation,and crafting items i dont know how to do the npcs creation and bosses and thaths all :3

Any contributions/ideas will always be greatly appreciated here. You can post whatever you think would be cool to add either here or in a PM with me :)

yeah so to test i maked a doritos bag

Attachments

• doritos bag.png
    doritos bag.png
    307 bytes · Views: 234
Great banner!

Also... BIG ISSUES with the ore spawning!!!

This isn't just about trees, you know. This is about a fundamental flaw that lets it spawn in literally any tile, from furniture to stalactites to - as mentioned - Demon Altars.

The solution is to provide a WHITELIST of blocks the ore is ALLOWED to spawn in. Ideally, this list probably contains at least: dirt, stone, ice, snow, mud, clay. Maybe don't include dirt/clay, if the idea is to keep the ore underground.

In 1.1.2 I have experienced Aerialite spawns as far down as the bottom of the Underworld (note: small world size). This demonstrates a flaw in control over where the ore can spawn. If nothing significant has changed except for one variable, nothing much has changed at all.

I could take a look at the ore spawning code for you if you like.

EDIT: I looked at the code, but unfortunately I do not have the documentation on WorldGen.TileRunner. If I had the documentation on the whole WorldGen class, that would be amazing. Unfortunately, being on OSX, I do not have access to ANY tools required to obtain a Terraria source. UGH. Basically, this one thing is locking me out of 90% available features. It doesn't help that distributing the source is illegal.

Last edited:
Just added this mod in the mods I support area in cool stuff in my signature :D
[doublepost=1465523691,1465523628][/doublepost]btw this is how to have images links
Code:
[url="http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/calamity-mod-spriters-needed-and-coders-welcome.44065/"][img]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/calamitymodbanner-png.116564/[/img][/url]

Great banner!

Also... BIG ISSUES with the ore spawning!!!

This isn't just about trees, you know. This is about a fundamental flaw that lets it spawn in literally any tile, from furniture to stalactites to - as mentioned - Demon Altars.

The solution is to provide a WHITELIST of blocks the ore is ALLOWED to spawn in. Ideally, this list probably contains at least: dirt, stone, ice, snow, mud, clay. Maybe don't include dirt/clay, if the idea is to keep the ore underground.

In 1.1.2 I have experienced Aerialite spawns as far down as the bottom of the Underworld (note: small world size). This demonstrates a flaw in control over where the ore can spawn. If nothing significant has changed except for one variable, nothing much has changed at all.

I could take a look at the ore spawning code for you if you like.

EDIT: I looked at the code, but unfortunately I do not have the documentation on WorldGen.TileRunner. If I had the documentation on the whole WorldGen class, that would be amazing. Unfortunately, being on OSX, I do not have access to ANY tools required to obtain a Terraria source. UGH. Basically, this one thing is locking me out of 90% available features. It doesn't help that distributing the source is illegal.

Yeah, I figured that out after taking a break for a while. I'll fix it so certain ores can only spawn in certain tiles.

Back
Top Bottom