tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Here are my dungeon Cyclops sprites!

The true masters of the dungeon, they eat every visitor and are the cause of all of the skeletons in the dungeon.

They are supposed to either teleport or jump to you like a Biome Mimic to get to you, while rarely throwing flaming clubs in expert. On top of barfing out Skeletons. Also uses a long range roar that lowers your Speed and damage resist stat.

Explodes into a ton of Dungeon Spirits on death, and with a blue Diabolist explosion.

da cyclops_1.png
da cyclops_2.png
da cyclops_3.png
cyclops jump.png

Last edited:
Here are my dungeon Cyclops sprites!

The true masters of the dungeon, they eat every visitor and are the cause of all of the skeletons in the dungeon.

They are supposed to either teleport or jump to you like a Biome Mimic to get to you, while rarely throwing flaming clubs in expert. On top of barfing out Skeletons. Also uses a long range roar that lowers your Speed and damage resist stat.

Explodes into a ton of Dungeon Spirits on death, and with a blue Diabolist explosion.

View attachment 139178 View attachment 139179 View attachment 139180 View attachment 139181
The cyclops looks a bit...crude.

So I've been looking through the materials list thoroughly for a while now to see where it can be improved. The main problem is that there's a lot of materials and they're all so segmented, making cratfing slightly confusing. There's still a lot of refining I need to look through, but here's some fixes:
-Remove the twisted tendril, and replace the Cruptix Bar recipe with 1 core of chaos + 4 chaotic ore at an adamantite anvil
-Remove all Crystallite recipes and replace them with stardust. Stardust is literally just a middle man to Crystallite, just make the recipe 1 pixie dust + 1 fallen star + 3 crystal shards
-Remove diamond dust entirely and find some other material for the recipes, you could use some other material instead (feathers?)
-You could probably remove both the Crimulan and Ebonian slime material and replace it with one slime material since they're both functionally identical
-Energy Orb can be removed entirely. If you want a gate to be post-Golem, just use the beetle husks if you absolutely need to.
Lastly, maybe most controversial, but the particle accelerator serves no purpose that can't be fulfilled using mythyril anvils and adamantite furnaces.

So I've been looking through the materials list thoroughly for a while now to see where it can be improved. The main problem is that there's a lot of materials and they're all so segmented, making cratfing slightly confusing. There's still a lot of refining I need to look through, but here's some fixes:
-Remove the twisted tendril, and replace the Cruptix Bar recipe with 1 core of chaos + 4 chaotic ore at an adamantite anvil
-Remove all Crystallite recipes and replace them with stardust. Stardust is literally just a middle man to Crystallite, just make the recipe 1 pixie dust + 1 fallen star + 3 crystal shards
-Remove diamond dust entirely and find some other material for the recipes, you could use some other material instead (feathers?)
-You could probably remove both the Crimulan and Ebonian slime material and replace it with one slime material since they're both functionally identical
-Energy Orb can be removed entirely. If you want a gate to be post-Golem, just use the beetle husks if you absolutely need to.
Lastly, maybe most controversial, but the particle accelerator serves no purpose that can't be fulfilled using mythyril anvils and adamantite furnaces.

MabivsGames playing through with this mod pissed me off enough to get rid of the Particle Accelerator. "We can't make that", whatever, I'll just remove it because you're clearly blind Mabi.

I'll fix the other recipes as well. Considering I was the only one thinking up the recipes for this mod it's no wonder why they're complicated. I like to complicate everything, but I guess more simplicity will have to do.

MabivsGames playing through with this mod pissed me off enough to get rid of the Particle Accelerator. "We can't make that", whatever, I'll just remove it because you're clearly blind Mabi.

I'll fix the other recipes as well. Considering I was the only one thinking up the recipes for this mod it's no wonder why they're complicated. I like to complicate everything, but I guess more simplicity will have to do.
I was fine with the crafting recipe with the particle accelerator, i dont know why so people find it so complicated. I mean with mods like thorium and Tremor which are so easy in terms of the crafting stations, having one that's really only slightly harder to craft isn't really a bug deal to me

Also some of the recipes including Galactica Singularities also use Lunar Fragments that make the former. (I haven't seen anything about this when I searched this up, pardon me)

I would just like to say that there are only a few things that i don't agree with on this statement:

1. I liked the idea of the diamond dust because you would have needed to beat the BoC or the EoW before having access to make the bottles, which once you beat said boss they are really easy to make.

2. The Crimulan and Ebonian slime were a cool way to add something more into the corruption/crimson and so the crafting recipe isn't stupidly easy to make. Hey this may just be me but i kinda like boss summons that you have to work for, so when the fight comes ill actually try without having to think that i could just do it again in a snap.

3. The twisted tendrils, much like the Ebonian and Cimulan slimes, gave you a reason to go back down to hell and farm enemies to get what was needed, i personally never found it that hard to get them, but thats just me

4. The particle accelerator i found to be very cool because it was a new crafting station to make most of the things form the mods, much like some of the items in Thorium you needed the Soul Forge to make, it really isnt that hard to craft, took my like 10-15 minutes to get everything after i had the Mech-Boss Souls

Also some of the recipes including Galactica Singularities also use Lunar Fragments that make the former. (I haven't seen anything about this when I searched this up, pardon me)
I find that balaced for the very good weapons you can make with them, such as the Acceration Disk i think its called

Observing how his Slime God battle went, I don't think he's even updated the mod, as I noted in the Discord chat.

Also, do you think some sort of crystal would be suitable for the Slime God trophy?

I would just like to say that there are only a few things that i don't agree with on this statement:

1. I liked the idea of the diamond dust because you would have needed to beat the BoC or the EoW before having access to make the bottles, which once you beat said boss they are really easy to make.

2. The Crimulan and Ebonian slime were a cool way to add something more into the corruption/crimson and so the crafting recipe isn't stupidly easy to make. Hey this may just be me but i kinda like boss summons that you have to work for, so when the fight comes ill actually try without having to think that i could just do it again in a snap.

3. The twisted tendrils, much like the Ebonian and Cimulan slimes, gave you a reason to go back down to hell and farm enemies to get what was needed, i personally never found it that hard to get them, but thats just me

I find that balaced for the very good weapons you can make with them, such as the Acceration Disk i think its called

Yeah, but using Lunar Fragments when they make the GSs is sort of redundant. Better off just increasing the amount of GSs needed or to just use Luminite Bars.

Better yet, a new material from post Moon Lord enemies.

@SnugBoat I think I'll remove the Wyvern Feathers as well. Might keep the Dew Droplets though, if that's alright.

EDIT: On second thought you have to defeat Calamitas anyway to get the ore. I'll remove the droplets as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom