tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Finally 'finished' my first playthrough of the current Calamity version (1.1.6) and here are my opinions on the mod:

Overall, its extremely fantastic. It felt like I was playing a completely different game, yet it was still Terraria. I really enjoyed everything it had to offer and all the items to craft, all the bosses to defeat (more on these soon) and just everything in general. Overall the progression was pretty solid on the mod content (granted a few hiccups that I've noticed) and it wasn't overwhelming at all, barring a couple things (mostly the huge amounts of grinding to craft some later game items).

Now on to the bosses (on a Corruption world):

- Desert Scourge:

Pretty fantastic entry level mod boss. Not too hard, not too easy. Right in the middle and that's how I like it.
- The Hive Mind:
Pretty much the same opinion as Desert Scourge.
- Slime God
This thing took me 5 times to take down. Bloody hell those debuffs. Loved it overall though, despite the annoying difficulty curve (Wall of Flesh was a walk in the park compared to this bloody jerk) and the tease of it spawning an ore you can't mine until you take down all three mechanical bosses was mildly irritating.
- Cryogen
$%#*
this thing so hard. Didn't know I was playing Touhou on Lunatic mode. Kind of a gigantic ramp in difficult compared to the mech bosses and you're suppose to take this down before them? Yeeesh. Nonetheless, I took it down and overall found it to be really fun, albeit really annoying as it took me 6 tries to take it down.
- Calamitas
The Twins on mega steroids, 'nuff said. Super fantasic boss fight.
- The Leviathan
If it weren't for the Siren, this would have been incredibly easy. But it wasn't. The bugger also killed me prehardmode while I was collecting stuff. Bloody heck. Really loved the sprite for this thing, although I wish the weapons were a little bit better.
- Plaguebringer Goliath
This thing was an absolute blast to fight. Each phase made the fight even more enjoyable. Really liked the weapons it dropped, too. I fell in love with the Virulent Katana.
- Devourer of Gods
An absolute lagfest, and my laptop isn't that bad. I was crying (not really, but I was getting annoyed) every time I died because the summoning item isn't easy to craft easily. Music was fantastic, though.
- Jungle Dragon, Yharon
It's a dragon, 'nuff said.

No, just kidding. Holy heck, this is probably the best boss in the mod by a landslide. Perfect boss to end a playthrough (at least until 1.1.7 releases, might change my opinion on this). It was difficult, fun, and I enjoyed every moment of it. 100/100.

Yharon also hit me for a 850. Owies.

Sorry I like typing stuff

- Devourer of Gods
An absolute lagfest

And this is the reason why I end my modded playthroughs at Thorium's Ragnarok, theres no way in heck I can fight a boss at like <1FPS.
And my computer isn't exactly a toaster either, alot of games I play run perfectly.

I wound up giving him the nickname "Devourer of my framerate" or "Devourer of my frames"

Because that's totally fun and the intended way of fighting it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
well when every attack it does 1 hits you and it's not entirely possible to dodge all the things without some kind of cheaty mobility item ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ there really isn't an "intended" way to do any boss really... you can make an arena easier or harder on yourself. there is some bosses that enrage under certain conditions so that's a stipulation. when you try to do the DoG (bork in peace) with the "intended" way it's a little hard as a ranger since 90% of your shots still bounce back. its not like you're hoiking or doing invincibility frame trash tactics. if you have thorium or other mods that have items like it with the shell from abyssian then you can technically do any boss regardless of health the only problem is waiting for a 2m hp boss to die from 1 damage attacks / traps. :dryadnaughty:

well when every attack it does 1 hits you and it's not entirely possible to dodge all the things without some kind of cheaty mobility item ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ there really isn't an "intended" way to do any boss really... you can make an arena easier or harder on yourself. there is some bosses that enrage under certain conditions so that's a stipulation. when you try to do the DoG (bork in peace) with the "intended" way it's a little hard as a ranger since 90% of your shots still bounce back. its not like you're hoiking or doing invisibility frame trash tactics. if you have thorium or other mods that have items like it with the shell from abyssian then you can technically do any boss regardless of health the only problem is waiting for a 2m hp boss to die from 1 damage attacks / traps. :dryadnaughty:

Wasn't one-shotting me. Granted I did have close to 900 health..

And I just don't think being in a tiny little box a mile above the ground is 'intended'...

Wasn't one-shotting me. Granted I did have close to 900 health..

And I just don't think being in a tiny little box a mile above the ground is 'intended'...
worm mechanics :^) i also only play on expert with demon trophy. i never play on easy modes :dryadcool: i suggest trying to do it the 'intended' way as ranger with the same conditions i have and think about the box again :dryadeek:

well when every attack it does 1 hits you and it's not entirely possible to dodge all the things without some kind of cheaty mobility item ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ there really isn't an "intended" way to do any boss really... you can make an arena easier or harder on yourself. there is some bosses that enrage under certain conditions so that's a stipulation. when you try to do the DoG (bork in peace) with the "intended" way it's a little hard as a ranger since 90% of your shots still bounce back. its not like you're hoiking or doing invincibility frame trash tactics. if you have thorium or other mods that have items like it with the shell from abyssian then you can technically do any boss regardless of health the only problem is waiting for a 2m hp boss to die from 1 damage attacks / traps. :dryadnaughty:
1: Expert Devourer does 500 damage with it's head. Invest in some damage reduction if you want to tank it.
2: The Seraph Tracers will allow you to dodge the Devourer's head, and Teleporters can be very helpful as well.
3: I don't believe the Devourer reflects shots.
4: You can only hurt the Devourer on the head and the tail. High damage piercing weaponry will do well.
5: Doing Demon Trophy runs with Post-Moonlord bosses is a bad idea :p
unless you have dev weapons.

I did use ranged gear...
did you use gear only from calamity or other modded items? 900 hp as ranger doesn't seem "intended" %-_-

also, the DoG reflects all projectiles unless it hits the head or tail, and if you're packing enough damage you can reflect and kill yourself in conjunction to the devourer's stuff, and yes i know EVERY single thing doesn't 1 hit you but if you're doing it with the "intended" way you're going to have a bad time... possible? yes.. but not likely for many many attempts to do a boss on the hardest difficulty to appease not using environment to your advantage :dryadrolleyes: and no i wasn't use a dev weapon because that's post-yharon.

did you use gear only from calamity or other modded items? 900 hp as ranger doesn't seem "intended" %-_-

also, the DoG reflects all projectiles unless it hits the head or tail, and if you're packing enough damage you can reflect and kill yourself in conjunction to the devourer's stuff, and yes i know EVERY single thing doesn't 1 hit you but if you're doing it with the "intended" way you're going to have a bad time... possible? yes.. but not likely for many many attempts to do a boss on the hardest difficulty to appease not using environment to your advantage :dryadrolleyes: and no i wasn't use a dev weapon because that's post-yharon.

I had other mods as well...

I was talking about using Developer weapons if you're going to leave the Demon Trophy on, because otherwise you might get bodied.
I'm going to stop posting now, and I HIGHLY suggest Heart Statues, Heart Generators, Thorium's revival items, and the like.
EDIT: Jeez, I'm an endgame tank and I have 700 health. WHY DO YOU HAVE 900 KHAELIS?

Last edited:
I was talking about using Developer weapons if you're going to leave the Demon Trophy on, because otherwise you might get bodied.

not when you can be smart about the fights and use non-game breaking mechanics to your advantage. the stardust cell still does it's full damage to each of the DoG segments and it's attacks don't pass through blocks, and it doesn't have enough vertical climb to hit you if you build high enough. if it had infinite mobility then the 'intended' way would be the only way to do the boss making it much more difficult of a boss. the only set back of doing it in a way is it takes longer which isn't really an issue since it takes a long time to do 2m damage anyway.

I'm going to stop posting now, and I HIGHLY suggest Heart Statues, Heart Generators, Thorium's revival items, and the like.
EDIT: Jeez, I'm an endgame tank and I have 700 health. WHY DO YOU HAVE 900 KHAELIS?

Solidified Potions Mod. Things can get really crazy. XD

Edit: and I did say close to 900, was more around 850~.

Back
Top Bottom