tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Uhhh, @MountainDrew? You said that you used the recently made Infernal Catharsis to replace Kyurem's theme, which was the former battle theme for Yharon, just to get out of a possible mess, right?

Well....are you looking to get into a mess again? I was too eager to battle Providence and I just waited for what music you had to offer for a battle you stated as near-bullet hell.

Then, I heard it. It was a tune, a very somber, ethereal tune. One that I immediately knew once I heard the first notes. The tune that was stuck in my head as I would try to down the beast with this tune playing in the background. The tune that I instantly favorited upon hearing it. It was a tune that I chose to never forget.

And now, I've heard it again, and quite frankly, I'm a bit confused. You know, I've played Mario and Luigi: Dream Team for quite a long while; it was my first 3DS game, after all.

To get to the point, why does Providence have Adventure's End as her boss theme? Yes, it does fit and such, but you used another Nintendo theme for Yharon and soon replaced it, probably (I think) to get out of any possible copyright issues. You even said that from now on, DM DOKURO will generate the mod's soundtrack. So why is it that you're still taking the same risk? If it's filler until DM DOKURO can generate a unique theme for Providence, then I can understand.

Composing music takes time and effort. DM Dokuro can't crap out a new music theme in an instant. These themes Drew is using are basically placeholders and he isn't claiming ownership to the music used as placeholders.

I know. I was just wondering why Drew was doing the same thing that once nearly landed the entire mod in trouble due to copyright. I can understand the music making progress takes a lot of time, and I don't particularly blame either Drew or DM DOKURO for that. I'm a patient person, y'know. I even found my previous suggestions of using Kirby music for the bosses a bit redundant.

There are some music pieces on YouTube, however, that sound great and perfect for boss battles and are copyright free. You may need permission from the artist themselves first for most of them. Here's a...probable example down below (I've never seen comments requesting to use their music piece, so I can't say for sure):

Or this:

Ihaveterribletastesinmusic

Last edited:
I know. I was just wondering why Drew was doing the same thing that once nearly landed the entire mod in trouble due to copyright. I can understand the music making progress takes a lot of time, and I don't particularly blame either Drew or DM DOKURO for that. I'm a patient person, y'know. I even found my previous suggestions of using Kirby music for the bosses a bit redundant.

Drew isn't selling the mod so there really isn't a problem. He's using placeholder music. That's basically it. Only really causes an issue for Terraria Youtubers.

Drew isn't selling the mod so there really isn't a problem. He's using placeholder music. That's basically it. Only really causes an issue for Terraria Youtubers.

Alright then. Got it.

Welp, gonna waste my life trying killing Supreme Calamitas with the stupidly OP and broken Earth sword on Godmode. :I

I just got the Sigil of Calamitas and it's helped me out, but I was wondering if there was a way to remove the spelunker effect?

I just got the Sigil of Calamitas and it's helped me out, but I was wondering if there was a way to remove the spelunker effect?
y tho, that effect is only helpful. it's not very obstructive, sure, it makes ore identification a little harder. but that's usually only a problem with gems.
edit: specifically one gem, amethyst, i always mistake it for ruby. but gems are very hard to see without spelunker anyway.

y tho, that effect is only helpful. it's not very obstructive, sure, it makes ore identification a little harder. but that's usually only a problem with gems.
edit: specifically one gem, amethyst, i always mistake it for ruby. but gems are very hard to see without spelunker anyway.
Because at the point that I got it it's better off than on. Just seems to be more intrusive than helpful.I just asked how to turn it off because if I turn it off I must be able to turn it back on... Thanks though.

Because at the point that I got it it's better off than on. Just seems to be more intrusive than helpful.I just asked how to turn it off because if I turn it off I must be able to turn it back on... Thanks though.

Then don't wear it when you don't want the effect and wear it when you need it on.

I know mod compatibility hasn't been the highest priority as of yet, but perhaps you can look into getting the hooks for Thorium's minion lifeleech effects? I know the Drone Staff in particular is not activating the effect of the Morale Banner, and probably the same with Liferoot whenever I get ahold of it.

EoC is done, and.. Wow. That was surprisingly tedious, due to my constant fighting of EoC so I know it's attacks in and out. Too bad I'm Mage so I can't take advantage of the counter scarf.

Got my fatass to do something today , Named it "Everburning "
View attachment 158815

That's some really cool art! It looks like Calamitas got sick of the vampire knives and just melted the player. I guess even giant flying hell eyes have their limits.

EoC is done, and.. Wow. That was surprisingly tedious, due to my constant fighting of EoC so I know it's attacks in and out. Too bad I'm Mage so I can't take advantage of the counter scarf.

Yeah that's a problem with some vanilla enemies, where their hard coded values will override modded values. Like the EoC's attack in its second form will always reset to its normal value.

There are some music pieces on YouTube, however, that sound great and perfect for boss battles and are copyright free. You may need permission from the artist themselves first for most of them. Here's a...probable example down below (I've never seen comments requesting to use their music piece, so I can't say for sure):

Or this:

Ihaveterribletastesinmusic

I honestly think these songs would fit perfectly with Andromeda or yharim
In fact lunar abyss was once one of my favorite songs, and I would love for it to be put into an already amazing mod

A small version update to fix some bugs and add 10 new items will be out soon. Here is the changelog so far (yes, I did this just for you guys :sigh:):

- Added boss head icons for Ceaseless Void, Storm Weaver, and Signus
- Added buffs to the Golem when fought in Expert Mode
- Added small velocity buff to Eye of Cthulhu when fought in Prepare to Die OR Cry modes
- Added Arcanum of the Void. Has a chance to reflect projectiles and heals the player if the projectile is reflected.
- Added Demon Trophy/Celestial Onion support for the Storm Weaver, Ceaseless Void, and Signus
- Storm Weaver moves to it's despawn location more quickly
- Changed how the Perforator fight is started
- Killing a new enemy that spawns in the Crimson after the Brain of Cthulhu is defeated will summon the boss
- Added Perforator Hive to Perforator fight
- Added the following bullet types
- Frostspark Bullets
- Acceleration Rounds
- Terra Bullets
- Flash Rounds
- Holy Fire Bullets
- Acid Rounds
- Fixed multiplayer bugs with Cosmic Wraith and Storm Weaver
- Nerfed Mariana
- Changed how damage and knockback are calculated for minions
- Added the following arrow types