tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
The ocean's about to get a whole lot more dangerous..
9oqyVN0.gif

Alright, this is just opinion, but I think I kinda like the old Leviathan sprite. Don't get me wrong, I love @Ziggums' work, but I think how he previously did the Leviathan seemed a bit better than the current WIP new one. It's probably because the new Leviathan probably began to look a bit...funnier; you know what I mean, right?

I think because is that it looks a bit too jagged. It might resemble part of the sea's rugged landscape, but it seems odd that the Leviathan would suddenly become rocky. The previous Leviathan had a smooth look, which would help her move faster through the water, am I right?

There's also the fact that the new Leviathan seems to have a "core" (i.e the yellow thing on her stomach) now. It almost looks as if she has a weak point now, like, she's not really that kind of thing that looks invincible.

There's also her new claws, which I don't seem to understand as the only reason a sea creature would need claws is to traverse the ocean floor. Claws that big being used for hunting would crush the prey to the point that it wouldn't even be edible. splat

Last would be her mouth, which seems quite, or excessively, big. Usually, the reason a massive sea creature would have a massive mouth would be so that it takes in multiple prey at once, which would kinda render the teeth useless. Why crunch something when you can get even more by becoming Kirby? Also, her new mouth kinda looks like a goofy smile #herpderp, which kinda makes her lose some ferocious looks she's supposed to have.

I don't know why I'm saying this. Could just be my inner art or my inner animal logic coming out. :I

Alright, this is just opinion, but I think I kinda like the old Leviathan sprite. Don't get me wrong, I love @Ziggums' work, but I think how he previously did the Leviathan seemed a bit better than the current WIP new one. It's probably because the new Leviathan probably began to look a bit...funnier; you know what I mean, right?

I think because is that it looks a bit too jagged. It might resemble part of the sea's rugged landscape, but it seems odd that the Leviathan would suddenly become rocky. The previous Leviathan had a smooth look, which would help her move faster through the water, am I right?

There's also the fact that the new Leviathan seems to have a "core" (i.e the yellow thing on her stomach) now. It almost looks as if she has a weak point now, like, she's not really that kind of thing that looks invincible.

There's also her new claws, which I don't seem to understand as the only reason a sea creature would need claws is to traverse the ocean floor. Claws that big being used for hunting would crush the prey to the point that it wouldn't even be edible. splat

Last would be her mouth, which seems quite, or excessively, big. Usually, the reason a massive sea creature would have a massive mouth would be so that it takes in multiple prey at once, which would kinda render the teeth useless. Why crunch something when you can get even more by becoming Kirby? Also, her new mouth kinda looks like a goofy smile #herpderp, which kinda makes her lose some ferocious looks she's supposed to have.

I don't know why I'm saying this. Could just be my inner art or my inner animal logic coming out. :I

That "inner animal logic" really makes no sense once you stop to consider the fact that the leviathan is a mostly immobile animal.

It lures sailors to the depths to eat them, it has no need for speed, thus it looks less sleek. The rugged look helps it camouflage, while keeping it protected.
The "weakspot" is actually acidic, so touching it would be more harmful than helpful.
Diver suits are also pretty hard, and it sometimes eats entire boats and ships, thus the crunchyness.

That "inner animal logic" really makes no sense once you stop to consider the fact that the leviathan is a mostly immobile animal.

It lures sailors to the depths to eat them, it has no need for speed, thus it looks less sleek. The rugged look helps it camouflage, while keeping it protected.
The "weakspot" is actually acidic, so touching it would be more harmful than helpful.
Diver suits are also pretty hard, and it sometimes eats entire boats and ships, thus the crunchyness.

Huh, never thought I'd look at it that way. In-game, the Leviathan was pretty darn quick, thus the speed I started to bring up. I kinda thought due to that, the Leviathan, despite being a massive predator, was simply an assassin: kill in one shot, then disappear into the shadows once more.

I guess that weakspot is actually her stomach, so there goes that. The stomach always needs potent acid to digest a meal.

And, I guess I forgot to think about whether or not the Leviathan could eat ships as well. Darn me. :p

Welp, there's @Ziggums and his representations at it again, just like we all enjoy. :)

A lot of fish look jagged, some use this to blend into the seafloor. In Leviathan's case she is so big she could probably pass as an island or a huge jut of rock if she got enough algae and kelp on top of her. (Now i'm imagining a 'siren' scenario except it's not the *siren* you need to fear but *the 'island' she's on*) Most of said fish are not fast as well though, as you said, as being jagged tends to make for drag.

On the topic of cores being weak points: Betsy has a similar design but her belly is hardly a weak point. The most I could say on that is it may give an *initial* impression of a weak point but actually testing it would prove otherwise.

Her claws tbh I can't think of a good reason for existing apart from if she uses it to dig through the seafloor, perhaps when she lays eggs?

Her mouth (and head in general) looks designed for ramming - she probably uses her horns and teeth to literally smash boats apart to get at tasty humans within. She might use this brute force method if she hasn't fed in a while, as a last resort instead of her human lure subterfuge. Her huge gaping maw is also probably used for exactly the purpose you describe - once she's smashed up a boat, she can use her huge chompers to create a whirlpool and suck in her prey.

(This is all speculation on my part and I may be (and probably am) entirely wrong on some or all parts of this, but it's fun to speculate!

A lot of fish look jagged, some use this to blend into the seafloor. In Leviathan's case she is so big she could probably pass as an island or a huge jut of rock if she got enough algae and kelp on top of her. (Now i'm imagining a 'siren' scenario except it's not the *siren* you need to fear but *the 'island' she's on*) Most of said fish are not fast as well though, as you said, as being jagged tends to make for drag.

On the topic of cores being weak points: Betsy has a similar design but her belly is hardly a weak point. The most I could say on that is it may give an *initial* impression of a weak point but actually testing it would prove otherwise.

Her claws tbh I can't think of a good reason for existing apart from if she uses it to dig through the seafloor, perhaps when she lays eggs?

Her mouth (and head in general) looks designed for ramming - she probably uses her horns and teeth to literally smash boats apart to get at tasty humans within. She might use this brute force method if she hasn't fed in a while, as a last resort instead of her human lure subterfuge. Her huge gaping maw is also probably used for exactly the purpose you describe - once she's smashed up a boat, she can use her huge chompers to create a whirlpool and suck in her prey.

(This is all speculation on my part and I may be (and probably am) entirely wrong on some or all parts of this, but it's fun to speculate!

Wow! Even I didn't think of that. Don't mind me, I'm going to use these speculations and ideas for a concept monster in my story, if you don't mind! :)

Wait, how can she lay eggs when she ripped off her bottom half? o_O

So can you only get shadow essence from Calamitas now? Or does it still drop from the dungeon as well? And how do you get the Majestic Guard?

So can you only get shadow essence from Calamitas now? Or does it still drop from the dungeon as well? And how do you get the Majestic Guard?
Shadow essence is from supreme calamitas, which is a post yharon boss (they're dev weps get used to them being after the hardest bosses) and the majestic guard is crafted using either an adamantite or titanium sword with souls of might iirc.
also as a side note I'd highly recommend anyone playing this mod to install the mod "recipe browser" real useful for large content mods such as this one

Does anyone know the Prepare to Cry Mode drops?
I'm preparing to go into it with post Yahron loot, but I'm wondering what I'll get out of it. I'm asking because I'm already in expert mode and don't want to put unnecessary difficulty for weak loot.
[doublepost=1486993772,1486993593][/doublepost]
i found a weapon called murasama anyone has anyone else found this i got it wen i killed the devourer of gods on prepare to cry mode

F78CA8D47486BA1865479B485EC8A068067DA7B4
I also got that sword when my friend turned on prepare to cry mode while I wasn't looking... That's the only boss I ever defeated with prepare to cry mode on.

Does anyone know the Prepare to Cry Mode drops?
I'm preparing to go into it with post Yahron loot, but I'm wondering what I'll get out of it. I'm asking because I'm already in expert mode and don't want to put unnecessary difficulty for weak loot.
[doublepost=1486993772,1486993593][/doublepost]
I also got that sword when my friend turned on prepare to cry mode while I wasn't looking... That's the only boss I ever defeated with prepare to cry mode on.
Currently only DoG has a PTC drop. EoC and Scourge however have Demon mode drops.

As the leviathan lost most of her tail, she lays either loosely floating on the sea's surface, or burrowed in the sea floor. Most real life immobile sea creatures perfer to "walk" across the seafloor, and use their specialized fins to dig and cover themselves with sand. The leviathan is no different in this case.

As the leviathan lost most of her tail, she lays either loosely floating on the sea's surface, or burrowed in the sea floor. Most real life immobile sea creatures perfer to "walk" across the seafloor, and use their specialized fins to dig and cover themselves with sand. The leviathan is no different in this case.
How is he going to "walk" when he has only two "legs".

maybe if there would be a supreme version of all the bosses this could be supreme leviathan?? then she could keep her current sprite

This desert boss looks awesome. Also, Leviathan's new design is cooler than the other one. But that's MY opinion. Mine, not yours.

I realliy throught that that would be Yharim... xD

Back
Top Bottom