tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I just want to says that the '' perfectly installation guide'' was not working for someone like me that don't have a tmodloader so please the next time you try to help someone imform you

p.s I find a way to install calamity mod and tmodloader thanks youtube :)

If you were asking how to install tMod then go to their thread, not here. The installation guide for the Calamity Mod at the top of the original post is incredibly simple to understand.

To everyone complaining about the despawns I have since changed them for the upcoming version. Just waiting on the new statigel armor to be sheeted before I release it. I have listened to the comments and I've changed how the despawns work. As in, most bosses only leave if you exit their biomes. Here is how they all work:

Desert Scourge: Will burrow into the ground if the player leaves the desert biome for too long or if all players are dead.
Hive Mind: Will fly into the ground if the player leaves the corruption for too long or if all players are dead.
Perforators: Will burrow into the ground if the player leaves the crimson for too long or if all players are dead.
Slime God: All parts will despawn almost immediately by fading away and falling into the ground if all players are dead.
Cryogen: Will fly into the ground if the player leaves the snow for too long or if all players are dead.
Brimstone Elemental: Will fly away if the player leaves the Underworld or if all players are dead.
Calamitas: Will fly away if all players are dead or if the sun rises.
Leviathan: Will fly into the ground if the player leaves the ocean biome for too long or if all players are dead.
Plaguebringer: Same as before. Will despawn and bomb the player if they leave the Jungle for too long.
Guardians: Will fly away if all players are dead.
Providence: Will fly away if all players are dead.
Ceaseless Void: Will despawn if the target is too far away for too long.
Storm Weaver: Will fly into the ground if all players are dead.
Signus: Will fly away if the player leaves the Underworld or if all players are dead.
Devourer of Gods: Will burrow into the ground if all players are dead or if the sun rises.
Bumblebirb: Will fly away if all players are dead. Despawns very quickly if the player is not in the Jungle and gets too far away.
Yharon: Will fly away if all players are dead.
Supreme Calamitas: Will fly away if all players are dead.

So please, save your criticisms for the next version or they will likely be ignored.
Respond with your own critiques to these plans, but they're likely not going to change at this point.

Keep in mind that this mod is NOT designed around ANY other mods out there. I don't care if you're using some stupid "instant respawn" mod, or anything like that. What conflicts occur between this mod and others is none of my concern.

Last edited:
Respond with your own critiques to these plans, but they're likely not going to change at this point.
I'm going to ask something relating to the changes to despawning, but it's not really criticism - How long til the despawning when they leave the biome? Like with, say, Hive Mind flying into the ground when the player is outside the biome for too long, how long is too long is what I'm curious of.

I'm going to ask something relating to the changes to despawning, but it's not really criticism - How long til the despawning when they leave the biome? Like with, say, Hive Mind flying into the ground when the player is outside the biome for too long, how long is too long is what I'm curious of.

Currently it takes about 4 - 5 seconds of being outside the biome. Imagine the Brain of Cthulhu despawn from vanilla but it takes a lot longer.

For the worms just imagine the Eater of Worlds/Destroyer.

I highly doubt this issue is on the mod's end, but what do you do in the profaned guardians fight...? Because if one goes off your screen, it despawns instantly, so it has to be on your screen, and if you do manage to get the third one to be alone, it just runs off into the floor and starts bugging out. If you somehow manage to kill it, it just drops hearts and potions.

I highly doubt this issue is on the mod's end, but what do you do in the profaned guardians fight...? Because if one goes off your screen, it despawns instantly, so it has to be on your screen, and if you do manage to get the third one to be alone, it just runs off into the floor and starts bugging out. If you somehow manage to kill it, it just drops hearts and potions.
Literally three posts above you.

Does anyone have advice for Providence, the Profaned God? I spawn it and get reamed in 4 hits. For armor I'm using the Tarragon set with the Planetary Annihilation bow since it homes and does -insane- DPS. Problem is that it seems impossible to survive. What do you all recommend?

Currently it takes about 4 - 5 seconds of being outside the biome. Imagine the Brain of Cthulhu despawn from vanilla but it takes a lot longer.

For the worms just imagine the Eater of Worlds/Destroyer.
Wait, is that how long it takes for the Hive Mind to despawn or all bosses that despawn upon leaving biome, because what I meant by my Hive Mind question part of my post was just as an example for what I meant incase my typing was dumb.

Does anyone have advice for Providence, the Profaned God? I spawn it and get reamed in 4 hits. For armor I'm using the Tarragon set with the Planetary Annihilation bow since it homes and does -insane- DPS. Problem is that it seems impossible to survive. What do you all recommend?
Well first I would recommended getting the Xeroc Armor/Gear while also making sure you have the Asgardian Aegis, Scarf of Cthulu (I think is the name), etc.. It isn't an easy battle by any means so get lots of potions and the best minions you can.. You REALLY need some way to get Holy Flame immunity if there is one Pre-Providence... The real trick (especially now since the added despawning) is to make sure that it is at least somewhat in view (so you know when it stops) while also maintaining a consistent dodging pattern.. You need a huge hallowed biome if you aren't planning on building a huge arena, and be careful not to fly to high into the air so that it doesn't become invincible. That's really all I can say.. (Btw, if you don't care about what item he drop, fight him in the Underworld since it's easier.. mainly because then you don't have to worry about leaving the environment)

what does the new version add?

Stuff. Awesome stuff.

In all seriousness, it takes a lot of work for MountainDrew to compile everything he adds with new updates and posting it, not to mention he doesn't really like logging into the forums often. Your best chance of knowing what's being added is to check the Calamity Mod's discord.

After a week of grinding and murder and alot of coca cola, i finally completed calamity! expert mode of course! normal mode is for wimps. -3-
onward to other mods! will keep coming back 100% to see what comes along in development and i reccomend this mod to anyone who is looking for a challenge. this mod is the perfect balance between vannilla and modded while keeping to the art style of terraria and not going so overboard to make them look like bosses that you'd see in doom or something. only one problem i really had with this, which is the grinding. you have to grind ALOT. now normally that isnt that bad when your going for some prehardmode stuff but late into hardmode you'll probably spend atleast an hour on each piece of the puzzle for one part that leads to the next that leads to the next and so on. but the saving grace for that is the fact that almost EVERYTHING is a material. and when i mean everything i really mean that if you dont like the guide in vanilla, your gonna love him in this because without him your gonna struggle alot with this.

overall rating 90/100
(just personal no need to hate)

Back
Top Bottom