tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So I'm not sure where to post this but this seems like a good spot. I started a mage playthrough in expert and I beat the Slime Gods. After I got the mana overloader I put it on and went about my business to find out that if I'm above 50% mana it actually saps my health. I know it says it makes life regen go down by five but is it really supposed to sap health away from me?

So I'm not sure where to post this but this seems like a good spot. I started a mage playthrough in expert and I beat the Slime Gods. After I got the mana overloader I put it on and went about my business to find out that if I'm above 50% mana it actually saps my health. I know it says it makes life regen go down by five but is it really supposed to sap health away from me?
Yeah it is. Just try to keep your mana down.

Hey, i was recently starting a ranger playthrough and my main mods are tremor, thorium, and calamity. So far i only killed 3 bosses, grandthunderbird, king slime, and desert scourge. I found a problem relating the desert scourge attempting to despawn when i leave the desert, and i found a way to cheese the boss by leaving the desert for a couple seconds by bouncing off it with the slime mount, and i could just repeatedly jump and i could hit it a couple times and leave again and wait for it to travel back to me, I wish this can be fixed because i want a challange and i also want to use the slime mount.

Hey, i was recently starting a ranger playthrough and my main mods are tremor, thorium, and calamity. So far i only killed 3 bosses, grandthunderbird, king slime, and desert scourge. I found a problem relating the desert scourge attempting to despawn when i leave the desert, and i found a way to cheese the boss by leaving the desert for a couple seconds by bouncing off it with the slime mount, and i could just repeatedly jump and i could hit it a couple times and leave again and wait for it to travel back to me, I wish this can be fixed because i want a challange and i also want to use the slime mount.
Yeah, I'm finding the Desert Scourge despawning issues very annoying. I was fighting it with Sandstone armor and Sandstone Throwing Knives from Thorium, but it would despawn as soon as I dodged its charge. I found this so frustrating, that after chewing through 10 summons, I decided to just butcher it with Cheat Sheet.

Decreasing regen by 5 means it can bring it down to a negative number, meaning it saps health unless something counteracts that.

How is one supposed to beat the Devourer of Gods? He's faster than you can be, homes, reduces wing ability, and despawns with too much distance. Not to mention no weapons seem to be strong enough to take advantage of the damage amp the head and tail take. What am I missing? Thanks!

How is one supposed to beat the Devourer of Gods? He's faster than you can be, homes, reduces wing ability, and despawns with too much distance. Not to mention no weapons seem to be strong enough to take advantage of the damage amp the head and tail take. What am I missing? Thanks!
He gets faster the closer you are to the ground so try to stay in space

In theory, Gravitation potion = infinite flight time, so try using that

I found him to be one of the more easy bosses honestly. If he goes up too high, as he comes down, he goes ridiculously slow and cannot move except for in a 45degree angle downwards. Use that to your advantage and just beat on his head while thats happening. Honestly, I found Providence more difficult than him.

If you were asking how to install tMod then go to their thread, not here. The installation guide for the Calamity Mod at the top of the original post is incredibly simple to understand.

To everyone complaining about the despawns I have since changed them for the upcoming version. Just waiting on the new statigel armor to be sheeted before I release it. I have listened to the comments and I've changed how the despawns work. As in, most bosses only leave if you exit their biomes. Here is how they all work:

Desert Scourge: Will burrow into the ground if the player leaves the desert biome for too long or if all players are dead.
Hive Mind: Will fly into the ground if the player leaves the corruption for too long or if all players are dead.
Perforators: Will burrow into the ground if the player leaves the crimson for too long or if all players are dead.
Slime God: All parts will despawn almost immediately by fading away and falling into the ground if all players are dead.
Cryogen: Will fly into the ground if the player leaves the snow for too long or if all players are dead.
Brimstone Elemental: Will fly away if the player leaves the Underworld or if all players are dead.
Calamitas: Will fly away if all players are dead or if the sun rises.
Leviathan: Will fly into the ground if the player leaves the ocean biome for too long or if all players are dead.
Plaguebringer: Same as before. Will despawn and bomb the player if they leave the Jungle for too long.
Guardians: Will fly away if all players are dead.
Providence: Will fly away if all players are dead.
Ceaseless Void: Will despawn if the target is too far away for too long.
Storm Weaver: Will fly into the ground if all players are dead.
Signus: Will fly away if the player leaves the Underworld or if all players are dead.
Devourer of Gods: Will burrow into the ground if all players are dead or if the sun rises.
Bumblebirb: Will fly away if all players are dead. Despawns very quickly if the player is not in the Jungle and gets too far away.
Yharon: Will fly away if all players are dead.
Supreme Calamitas: Will fly away if all players are dead.

So please, save your criticisms for the next version or they will likely be ignored.
Respond with your own critiques to these plans, but they're likely not going to change at this point.

Keep in mind that this mod is NOT designed around ANY other mods out there. I don't care if you're using some stupid "instant respawn" mod, or anything like that. What conflicts occur between this mod and others is none of my concern.

I just read through this and I see that most of the boss despawns are biome/ player death based. That's a good system to go by, since it helps many of the issues players are experiencing right now. The only one that may be somewhat problematic is the Devourer of Gods despawning during the daytime, especially since its recent buff, making flying next to impossible whilst fighting it. What I really like about this mod is that you and the other developers are listening to the community, which is something that really can't be said about every mod on here. Thanks for the hard work and keep up the quality! :)

Back
Top Bottom