tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Mountain Drew, thank you so much for making melee weapons that don't have range in them! When I first played Terraria, I was used to using swords with that simple graphic type of feel, and I hope you add more like them! It was cool when I first saw the mod with that dungeon guardian sword (I forget the name of it), and it took up 3/4 of a half of the screen! Thank you

Sadly untrue. Just spawned him in space and he's just as fast and impsosible. Also, falling down does nothing to stall him
I was the one who suggested that to ChippyGaming, to hit the head while the worm falls. This used to work, but i guess now they've fixed the problem of the devourer's slow falling, because a giant worm that falls like a feather.... Not so sure about that. But try to attack the worm from the ground up. Fly to the left/right and use a weapon that can target single hitboxes easily (not homing projectiles, they can mess up) and try to go under the worm when it starts to fall again, and make sure you can see the tail so you can pass it and fly to the sky once again. The moment the worm goes from going up to going down, is the slowest part of the worm's speed and try to hurt the head whilst in a straight-ish line. - Make sure you have Elysian Tracers and an Asguaridan Shield, as well as Xeroc Armor-

Last edited:
I was the one who suggested that to ChippyGaming, to hit the head while the worm falls. This used to work, but i guess now they've fixed the problem of the devourer's slow falling, because a giant worm that falls like a feather.... Not so sure about that.
I believe he still has somewhat slow falling, but you have 80% reduced wing time in the battle now, you can't really fly up anymore.

I'm playing with a couple of friends and everything has been fine until now, 2 of us did some farming in single player worlds while the other was away so we didn't advance the world. Coming back to the server, bosses are getting way too much hp. They will have the correct amount at first, then when we hit them, they get something like 8x hp, we first noticed it on Plaguebringer Goliath, then Brimstone elemental. We next assumed that it was just modded bosses so tried eye of Cthulhu and that instantly doubled it's hp when we hit it.

The point when this started happening was after one of us beat moon lord in a different world. So at the moment I'm guessing having a celestial onion in a world where it shouldn't be is messing something up. We have both tried spawning bosses in our own worlds and they are working fine.

I play the gunner class a lot in Terraria so I went to making the MegaFleet, and I noticed that it started shooting stars instead of explosive lasers. I figured that is what it did but then realized the regular StarFleet (which before one of the updates fired an explosive spread) also shot fallen stars.

Is this the new attack for these weapons, or is it supposed to fire lasers and its a bug with this current version.

Could you help me? Whenever I fight cyrogen the part where he is "losing control" he just flies up and despawns. please help

the mod is great but i'd like to give some feedback. due to most of the endgame swords not having a direct beam attack it makes them rather dangerous to use for example Earth would require you to get close up although the large size of the blade helps with that problem. the weapons can sometimes get up to 60m dps with the right accessories and armor of course this would be almost impossible to do against a moving target i havent tested the damage output with no modifier and no damage increasing armor and accessories. the bosses are great and put up a great challange and the weapons are balanced because of the time and work to get them although the armor sets arent made for example : godslayer - ranged : putting away the part of the usual 4 endgame armor sets for each class.

the mod is great but i'd like to give some feedback. due to most of the endgame swords not having a direct beam attack it makes them rather dangerous to use for example Earth would require you to get close up although the large size of the blade helps with that problem. the weapons can sometimes get up to 60m dps with the right accessories and armor of course this would be almost impossible to do against a moving target i havent tested the damage output with no modifier and no damage increasing armor and accessories. the bosses are great and put up a great challange and the weapons are balanced because of the time and work to get them although the armor sets arent made for example : godslayer - ranged : putting away the part of the usual 4 endgame armor sets for each class.
Try to get the EoC ptd drop, that sould help you with your problems :)

Hi guys,

I recently started Calamity, and now I'm asking myself which class is probably the best to solo it? I thought about playing summoner but I cant find a better set than the vanilla one for summoner, neither I know which weapons and armor I should use/grind for progressing through the mod. Should I stay summoner or what do you think about?

Hi guys,

I recently started Calamity, and now I'm asking myself which class is probably the best to solo it? I thought about playing summoner but I cant find a better set than the vanilla one for summoner, neither I know which weapons and armor I should use/grind for progressing through the mod. Should I stay summoner or what do you think about?
Calamity has an extremely large amount of melee content, although there is also a sizable amount of ranger and mage content. There's a very small amount of summon weapons sadly, as they can be a hassle to code.

Calamity has an extremely large amount of melee content, although there is also a sizable amount of ranger and mage content. There's a very small amount of summon weapons sadly, as they can be a hassle to code.

So Melee is definitely the way to go? So what Weapons and accessoires should I aim for?

I thought about getting Redtide - Old Lord Oathsword -> Gelitic Blade -> Brimlash -> Glacial Crusher -> Forbidden Oathblade -> Greentide -> Terra Edge -> Terratomere -> Blade of Enmity -> Ark of the Elements -> Earth

Last edited:
So Melee is definitely the way to go? So what Weapons and accessoires should I aim for? Could you give me hints like from beginning til the end?
Many weapons in Calamity are materials for other weapons later in the game. If you are going melee, the accessory you will want to pick up the second you get into hardmode is the Counter Scarf. After beating the Wall Of Flesh, you will see that it drops the Demon Trophy, which buffs vanilla and calamity bosses. Some bosses drop special items in this state, most notably the Eye Of Cthulhu, which drops the aforementioned counter scarf.
I'm not good at planning out guides, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom