tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I think for Calamitas, Braelor, and Statis, they should have it so they defeat the bosses, but the sprites are still there (like when Cryogen gets out of the snow biome), and they talk to us all like "Oh, wait, your trying to kill Yharim as well?" Then they say "Well.. this is awkward... take my loot and defeat Yharim, the tyrant!"

Lel.

Also, how can I get || The Absorber || Calamity Mod || ?

Last edited:
New DoG with nebula lasers that don't use dust. This might prevent lag, I dunno.

20170503174825_1.jpg

Also, I find the new 'ignoring invincibility frames' feature annoying for one reason: the rapid chat messages whenever you get hit. Is there any way you could make it so that it still ignores frames, but has single chat messages?
Maybe the best thing that MountainDrew do about DoG is just put only during the entire fight one of the different messages the boss has, for example like unit one says avoid double messages or posting.

Maybe the best thing that MountainDrew do about DoG is just put only during the entire fight one of the different messages the boss has, for example like unit one says avoid double messages or posting.

Or he can just leave it as it is because it's hilarious. :dryadnaughty:

Well i now know that... i think its only the sand elemental that doesn't spawn when you have the sandy waifu or stormy waifu. not sure as when i was trying to make my above ground mushroom biome to get truffle i encountered like... 3 or 4 of them. >.>

I have trouble finding an Amidas spark, the wiki page says nothing or was deleted. It said that it dropped from sand elemental but the page is now gone. I defeated 6 sand elementals so far and no luck.

Also I found the legendary weapon vesuvius early hardmode. Its too strong in my opinion, it beats post mechanical weapons in its current state, even without any magic buffing accessoires. The only thing I ask is increasing the mana cost. It currently costs 6 for a volley of 2 lightning speed meteors.

Edit: just found a waifu in a bottle from a sand elemental, it rivals plantera's spore sack in power, way to much damage for my liking.

Last edited:
I have trouble finding an Amidas spark, the wiki page says nothing or was deleted. It said that it dropped from sand elemental but the page is now gone. I defeated 6 sand elementals so far and no luck.

Also I found the legendary weapon vesuvius early hardmode. Its too strong in my opinion, it beats post mechanical weapons in its current state, even without any magic buffing accessoires. The only thing I ask is increasing the mana cost. It currently costs 6 for a volley of 2 lightning speed meteors.

Edit: just found a waifu in a bottle from a sand elemental, it rivals plantera's spore sack in power, way to much damage for my liking.
look for what appear to be blue seahorse creatures. those drop the amidas spark. also eh. i haven't seen so much wrong with the waifu in a bottle. frankly its good against harder bosses. the thing with Calamity is... it adds items that make the original terraria bosses easier... because the calamity bosses are MUCH harder. well the later ones at least.

wow im strangely attracted to those new lasers! Hopefully now my frames wont drop to about fifteen frames per second when i fight this thing :)

Also, how do you get Vesuvius and the SHPC?

For the most part, Terraria lag is hardware related and settings related. If you're ever having lag, tone down your settings a bit (try setting lighting to Retro, it really boosts FPS at times).

Edit: another big culprit for Terraria lag is multi-core lighting. You don't really need it, I've hardly noticed a difference and all it does is make you use more processing cores on your CPU and it's only for lighting... fairly useless.

As for Vesuvius and SHPC: Vesuvius can be obtained more easily from Betsy and SHPC can be obtained more easily from The Destroyer.

Last edited:
I'm hollowing out a large area and there is some perennial ore in the way and not even my titanium pickaxe can mine it. This perennial ore is everywhere since I already created the world and its a total pain to get around it, how can I get rid of this ore with or without the ore dropping?

I'm hollowing out a large area and there is some perennial ore in the way and not even my titanium pickaxe can mine it. This perennial ore is everywhere since I already created the world and its a total pain to get around it, how can I get rid of this ore with or without the ore dropping?

There is no way of getting rid of it besides mining it out as far as I know.

Speakign of SHPC, what exactly are the right-click lasers supposed to do? The burst ignores immunity frames, but the lasers are single hit. Am I missing out on something? :confused:

Speakign of SHPC, what exactly are the right-click lasers supposed to do? The burst ignores immunity frames, but the lasers are single hit. Am I missing out on something? :confused:

I think that's mostly due to vanilla terraria's nonsense. I think it'll be fixed in the next update?

From the discord update/spoiler channel:
"- Added immunity frame ignores for some piercing projectiles."

For the most part, Terraria lag is hardware related and settings related. If you're ever having lag, tone down your settings a bit (try setting lighting to Retro, it really boosts FPS at times).

Edit: another big culprit for Terraria lag is multi-core lighting. You don't really need it, I've hardly noticed a difference and all it does is make you use more processing cores on your CPU and it's only for lighting... fairly useless.

As for Vesuvius and SHPC: Vesuvius can be obtained more easily from Betsy and SHPC can be obtained more easily from The Destroyer.

ok thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom