tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,582 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
yeah, center. they don't look very centered, they just look like flames.
howdy dude, I made the old cores and I made the new ones, the old may have looked all nifty with their wacky animations but they were really small, didn't look like proper materials and up close they're fugly, the new ones look more like a material as opposed to some weird clunky poorly shaded thingo with a :red:ty palette to boot

Not like that's a problem; it's pretty easy once you get him in some pattern (letting him go in an infinity symbol path centered under you), and you have at least a Cloud in a bottle or any equivalent :dryadwink:

That way, the only parts that could hit you are his body segments, which are tolerable.

I tried to download the file, but it got stopped by my firewall (well, if Mcafee web helper can be called that) claiming there was a virus in it. I googled Calamity mod and 'virus' but nothing came up. I just find it weird that a thread with 440 pages has no mention of this. Usually there's at least... a dozen or so. I'm just assuming there's a file that the program recognized as a potential threat because of the file type or something, but I'm not continuing until I have gotten it verified that this particular download is safe.

I tried to download the file, but it got stopped by my firewall (well, if Mcafee web helper can be called that) claiming there was a virus in it. I googled Calamity mod and 'virus' but nothing came up. I just find it weird that a thread with 440 pages has no mention of this. Usually there's at least... a dozen or so. I'm just assuming there's a file that the program recognized as a potential threat because of the file type or something, but I'm not continuing until I have gotten it verified that this particular download is safe.

It's just a false positive..

Edit: also stop using McAfee, it's utter garbage

It's just a false positive..

Edit: also stop using McAfee, it's utter garbage
I had to go through a real fight to uninstall the damned thing from my laptop. I think it's still installed actually, but I managed to at least permanently disable it as it was using literally all the CPU to run a neverending virus scan from day 1. Somehow it managed to install a web helper though, but it doesn't bother me in any way. Well, until now that is.

I had to go through a real fight to uninstall the damned thing from my laptop. I think it's still installed actually, but I managed to at least permanently disable it as it was using literally all the CPU to run a neverending virus scan from day 1. Somehow it managed to install a web helper though, but it doesn't bother me in any way. Well, until now that is.

There's a reason McAfee come bundled with a lot of stuff -- no one wants it. But the mod files are completely safe. Both my Malware detection and my Windows Defender detect no harmful files.

Can anyone offer some advice for killing the Devour of Gods? (expert mode). I have made about 12 attempts and have taken off maybe 5% of his health at most.

I'm playing as a mage and having an incredibly hard time hitting his head/tail while also dodging his instakill face while also dodging his almost insta kill body while also dodging his lasers while also keeping track of him as he sails through the air at warp speed while also keeping my frame rate high enough to do anything (which in itself limits my choice of weapons to ones which don't kill my FPS). And I don't have a crummy computer...

Everything in this mod up through Providence has been great but this boss is beyond 'not fun' levels of frustrating. I'm tempted to go back to normal mode to try and kill him there and then come back with his own gear...

Can anyone offer some advice for killing the Devour of Gods? (expert mode). I have made about 12 attempts and have taken off maybe 5% of his health at most.

I'm playing as a mage and having an incredibly hard time hitting his head/tail while also dodging his instakill face while also dodging his almost insta kill body while also dodging his lasers while also keeping track of him as he sails through the air at warp speed while also keeping my frame rate high enough to do anything (which in itself limits my choice of weapons to ones which don't kill my FPS). And I don't have a crummy computer...

Everything in this mod up through Providence has been great but this boss is beyond 'not fun' levels of frustrating. I'm tempted to go back to normal mode to try and kill him there and then come back with his own gear...

DoG swaps between two AI every 30 seconds (I think), one of those being a Crawltipede AI so he'll chase you when he's airborne and ignore you a little when you're grounded. Abuse this. When you're airborne, he'll come to you face first. Wail on him and retreat until he swaps to his ground-mode AI.

DoG swaps between two AI every 30 seconds (I think), one of those being a Crawltipede AI so he'll chase you when he's airborne and ignore you a little when you're grounded. Abuse this. When you're airborne, he'll come to you face first. Wail on him and retreat until he swaps to his ground-mode AI.

I'll give that a try. Thank you.

Edit: still struggling with him on Expert (hard to tell when he switches phases) but I can at least manage him on Normal now. So I can make progress. yay....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom