tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I cant craft the Elemental Disk even thoigh i have all the required stuff and im standing at a Ancient Manipulator... What am i doing wrong ;-;

PLEASE HELP MEE
I had this problem with the Elemental Disk as well, but I eventually figured out the problem after checking the wiki. To craft it, you need to make sure that you are using only the throwing or melee versions of the weapons - that's the only way to craft it.

I completely agree with you here. and god... have you seen thorium mods thread? I think if Drew had to deal with that he would just delete everything and give up... Cus holy crap... >.> so many people are complaining about the lack of thorium mod and demanding it gets finished. its just Bull:red:.
i have seen it, and i have been called a white knight for advocating patience for Divermansam's hard work. I have also spoken with Divermansam personally and directly, he goes through quite alot as does his team and has openly stated on his forum page that hes human and would like some patience and respect for the work they all put into the mod.

However, to keep things on subject here on Calamity, so as not to derail the forum discussion; im enjoying the new updates that Drew and team are constantly putting out and working tirelessly to accomplish. All the new content is constantly refreshing. Sure there are some bugs but ultimately its been a blast. I look forward to the final boss somewhere in the future being implemented, considering the lore is nicely done. :D

I appear to still be having troubles with the bloodflare armor old ones army bug... >.> where i have to be pretty much right next to the portal to get any progress. dunno if its cus i made that world before the bug was fixed or what.

Is that a bug? I thought it was intentional, lol. I kind of liked the challenge it brought, made the event a bit more tricky. And you don't need to be near the portal, just near the monster you kill. (if it's doing the same thing to you, as it was me)

Dammit! Well that means Ill have to farm bosses do you know the mod that has a npc that sells boss summoners
Fargo's mutant mod.

Is that a bug? I thought it was intentional, lol. I kind of liked the challenge it brought, made the event a bit more tricky. And you don't need to be near the portal, just near the monster you kill. (if it's doing the same thing to you, as it was me)
i was pretty sure it was a bug. >.> as i do not enjoy having to do that... it makes farming the event somewhat difficult and its not how the event is supposed to work... sorry if i seemed a bit course... its not really enjoyable for me to do the event that way... the purpose is tower defence, and keeping enemies far from the gem in the center.

Yeah, it made farming a little more time consuming, I had to despawn minions/waifus. I forced the portals to spawn as close as possible, and then dash back and forth meleeing everything, up close, and personal. I didn't know it was tied to the armor though, I think that's the "immune to all debuffs" armor? I didn't use it unless needed, because it also nerfed the water candle debuff, lol

I took a coding class out of interest last school year. I got a glimpse of how challenging coding can be before I surrendered. The amount of effort you and other mod creators put in for free is astonishing, and I would happily pay for these mods. That being said, I donate where I'm able and support. But it really is appreciated more than I can explain in words what you guys do. Thank you.

Sure, I'll do that, let's see how many people complain about it. Just getting the npc target acceleration and max speed, then multiplying Yharon's speed by it.
Actually this is a really good idea, why don't you implement this for the revengence mode special AI? Personally i would really love the challenge.

Not sure if this has been said or already been fixed, but the Exoblade makes it possible to make the Storm Weaver fight impossible. (more like boring and long tbh) I'm not joking.

I got the Exoblade and decided to play with the Rune of Kos because it's infinite (even though I have Fargo's Mod) and hitting the Storm Weaver's tail (which you are supposed to hit in the first form) with it seems to activate its "Chance to kill regular enemies instantly" effect, which you can see with a big explosion, which is followed by the tail disappearing as it was killed. This makes the Storm Weaver become one really long to fight boss as the only way you can kill it now is through pure DPS weapons, as the weak point is no longer valid.

You should probably give some code for the Exoblade to nullify that effect on the tail.

Last edited:
Nah. That's a hilarious bug.

I'll make it so the instakill is no longer weird. The freeze debuff will stay as is however, since it literally splits worm AI enemies apart and messes with many different AIs.

Nah. That's a hilarious bug.

I'll make it so the instakill is no longer weird. The freeze debuff will stay as is however, since it literally splits worm AI enemies apart and messes with many different AIs.
Yeah, the exoblade stops the devourer of gods on their tracks too. Freeze the head and DoG has no idea what to do, starts spazzing out in place.

Also, i've been playing with ol' quintessential broken mod Fargo's, and i'm still finding an adequate challenge in Revengeance mode. kudos for making it remain hard. I've given up in making any of the attack souls since it demands you give up weapons I had to farm very long to get.

After the latest update, Wulfrum slimes and drones are still very common at the very start of the game. While the frequency of their spawning isn't necessarily the problem, they're just way too powerful (+6X HP compared to slimes in that area and they hit hard) -- and drones move very quickly for starting mobs, and nearly impossible to run from at default walking speed. Without any real way to defend against them, these mobs can be downright annoying right at the start.

I propose one of two solutions. Since their loot/gear isn't very good as it is, it may be best to weaken them significantly, and slow down drones. Or alternatively, keep their stats the same, but don't allow them to spawn until post-EoC. This will make them very suitable difficulty-wise, although you'll also have to buff the loot they drop in order to give them any purpose at that point in the game.

Personally I'd prefer holding them off until after a boss.

This post seems to have gotten buried, and may have gone unnoticed. but i agree 100% They are really OP for being able to spawn right from the start. I have to literally just dig myself in a hole right from the starting point just so i dont get annihilated by them until i can get atleast iron armor/weapons, enough to where i can kill them. Adding them post EoC is a great idea, atleast you'll have the armor and weapons to deal with them.

Back
Top Bottom