tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Thanks. I got as far as getting one of them down to nearly dead before getting vanquished by tracking.

Yeah, they do make some ridiculously sharp turns at times. Also, trying to outrun them is a horrible idea. :merchantsigh:

EDIT

I personally feel as if they'd be made much simpler with a few teleporters, given how they track you and how their head takes as much damage (or actually slightly less, I think) as their tail does. You could hop around the world and fire at them from a distance, picking them off slowly.

Last edited:
Yeah, they do make some ridiculously sharp turns at times. Also, trying to outrun them is a horrible idea. :merchantsigh:

EDIT

I personally feel as if they'd be made much simpler with a few teleporters, given how they track you and how their head takes as much damage (or actually slightly less, I think) as their tail does. You could hop around the world and fire at them from a distance, picking them off slowly.

Those sharp turns is the tracking I'm talking about. I despise this mechanic in video games. Reason being that it just removes a significant portion of the skill component because no matter how well you dodge, the enemy, in real time, compensates for that by adjusting its trajectory back towards your new position.

This is pretty common in ARPGs. An enemy will start an attack with a melee weapon for example and shift its position if you dodge so that it hits you almost all the time. In Dark Souls, they even made enemy arrow attacks have a minor homing component, which is utterly stupid.

Like I said, dealing with one DoG isn't a big deal, but two of them makes this thing boil down to luck, pretty much. If @MountainDrew insists on having two DoGs in Revengeance mode, then I wonder if their AI could at least be time shifted slightly so that they aren't both homing in on you at the same time.

I haven't tried teleporters yet but I'm not sure if it would be all that useful, unless you were planning on, say, teleporting to the other side of the arena, a long distance away. DoG doesn't despawn due to distance as far as I can tell so this might work to give you a breather while he catches up, I guess.

It should be mentioned that I am doing this in a melee playthrough, and basically all melee weapons up to this point are not ideal for fighting DoG. I've identified the Elemental Lance as the best candidate, but if someone wants to suggest something different, I'm open to ideas.

Those sharp turns is the tracking I'm talking about. I despise this mechanic in video games. Reason being that it just removes a significant portion of the skill component because no matter how well you dodge, the enemy, in real time, compensates for that by adjusting its trajectory back towards your new position.

This is pretty common in ARPGs. An enemy will start an attack with a melee weapon for example and shift its position if you dodge so that it hits you almost all the time. In Dark Souls, they even made enemy arrow attacks have a minor homing component, which is utterly stupid.

Like I said, dealing with one DoG isn't a big deal, but two of them makes this thing boil down to luck, pretty much. If @MountainDrew insists on having two DoGs in Revengeance mode, then I wonder if their AI could at least be time shifted slightly so that they aren't both homing in on you at the same time.

Or perhaps lowering their damage a bit? Given that they have somewhat reduced stats (primarily health, I think), it would make sense for their damage to be reduced a bit as well. Maybe from 500 to 350 or so. Less penalty for getting hit given you now suffer from twice the risk. :merchantwink:

I haven't tried teleporters yet but I'm not sure if it would be all that useful, unless you were planning on, say, teleporting to the other side of the arena, a long distance away. DoG doesn't despawn due to distance as far as I can tell so this might work to give you a breather while he catches up, I guess.

It should be mentioned that I am doing this in a melee playthrough, and basically all melee weapons up to this point are not ideal for fighting DoG. I've identified the Elemental Lance as the best candidate, but if someone wants to suggest something different, I'm open to ideas.

Or perhaps lowering their damage a bit? Given that they have somewhat reduced stats (primarily health, I think), it would make sense for their damage to be reduced a bit as well. Maybe from 500 to 350 or so. Less penalty for getting hit given you now suffer from twice the risk. :merchantwink:

Here's some tips for fighting the Devourer of Gods in Revengeance that I got from my own playthroughs:
  • You will need a massive arena. Two platforms that are each two stacks (of platforms) long is what I used and what seems to work well.
  • Keep your minimap open and zoomed out. This lets you see when they charge so you can switch platforms easily and quickly.
  • Try to keep both worms together - if they separate, them charging tends to draw them closer to each other. This makes it so it's less like fighting two enemies and more like one.
  • Buff potions are always useful, especially buffs to damage and critical strike.

Revengeance bosses can be fought however you want. DoG is one of the cheesiest ones so anything is fair game. Rod of Discord is amazing for it. Teleporters are also fine imo since fighting two at once makes it immensely more difficult.

Is it able to play Calamity, Tremor & Spirit Mod together in Multiplayer ? Last week i played with a lot more of Mods and always got corrupted worlds after any Progress in the world.(Idk where the problem comes from probably that any Item was stored in the chest that triggered that bug)

Revengeance bosses can be fought however you want. DoG is one of the cheesiest ones so anything is fair game. Rod of Discord is amazing for it. Teleporters are also fine imo since fighting two at once makes it immensely more difficult.

Believe me, I WANTED to beat him straight up but having two of them following you around is just too much. I found that using some kind of teleportation just before a failed dodge pretty much resets the fight and allows you to get back into your own rhythm. Rod of Discord would indeed be quite good too, I hadn't even thought of it.

Something else that might have worked is if I made my arena much closer to the ground so I wasn't jumping into space. Staying airborne against the DoG is a BAD, BAD idea, so if I avoided the low grav zone, it probably would have been easier to dodge.

On another note, I'm now of the opinion that the melee class in Terraria is pretty much the weakest, at least with respect to the Calamity mod. You simply take way too much contact damage, so trying to get up close against most of the end game bosses just doesn't work. Facetanking worked against most of the earlier bosses, and the Fetid Bahgnahks for that purpose were insanely good throughout most of hard mode, but I feel you could do just as well, if not better, with any ranged class, without gimping your ability to farm (most of the melee weapons are pretty awkward for snipe farming).

This is of course only for solo. I bet in multiplayer, melee is insanely good.

Anyways, time for a break from Terraria!

I wanted to try out the new version of Calamity on Steam (I bought Terraria for myself on Steam Summer Sale, it was worth for it's half price), I downloaded the most recent TModloader version, I tried to load in the mod and I got this message:
http://imgur.com/a/jw7Zl
I don't know which soundfile is corrupted and I tried to investigate, but the mod didn't loaded correctly.
Well, I will play the previous Terraria version of Calamity until this will be fixed.

Fungal Clump kills squirrels and stuff, I think several of the summons have the same issue.
[doublepost=1499013918,1499013860][/doublepost]
I wanted to try out the new version of Calamity on Steam (I bought Terraria for myself on Steam Summer Sale, it was worth for it's half price), I downloaded the most recent TModloader version, I tried to load in the mod and I got this message:
http://imgur.com/a/jw7Zl
I don't know which soundfile is corrupted and I tried to investigate, but the mod didn't loaded correctly.
Well, I will play the previous Terraria version of Calamity until this will be fixed.
Typically this is an issue with memory. Make sure you don't have 32-bit browsers open. Since Terraria runs in a 32-bit engine, it can only address 3.5GB of memory, if that memory is being shared by too many processes, it will fail to load into memory, throwing weird errors like what you got.

this mod is simply awesome, but those sea shells are almost impossible to obtain, according to terraria wiki the sea snails are seriously rare to show up, so not even an expert flat ocean biome with a bunch of water candles and battle potions makes them spawn more frequently, those snails needs a better spawn rate buff or a better drop rate buff in my opinion

So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

So I need to get an Astral Meteor to fight Astrum Deus, so I need t ofight the Astrageldon Slime, but to get the summoner for the slime, i need stardust.

So I'm stuck.

I fought him once already with the mod installed, but it didn't make the meteor spawn. I'll go ahead and fight him again a few times.
That happened to me two. But after a few more wof kills the meteorite dropped.
Is it able to play Calamity, Tremor & Spirit Mod together in Multiplayer ? Last week i played with a lot more of Mods and always got corrupted worlds after any Progress in the world.(Idk where the problem comes from probably that any Item was stored in the chest that triggered that bug)
Well right now i'm playing multiplayer and single player with those 3 mods + a few extras and so far so good. But i do suggest that you do backups just in case.

I did
[doublepost=1498938691,1498938370][/doublepost]Also, what does the acid rain do?
Acid rain adds a de-buff called irradiated which lowers defense by about 60 points kinda last time I checked, I went from ok armor to like 8 armor or so XD was getting eaten alive by mobs and I did not knew why XD untill I saw that

Yharims crystal is so fun to mess around with even if it's very rare, I cheat sheeted it in and butchered yharon to use it properly

Back
Top Bottom