tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,582 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
The wiki? Yeah, it's usually not up to date on what I update.

The EoW fires cursed flame balls and resists piercing.

The reason that is is because piercing is an integer value that is decremented each time the projectile passes through a target and hits it.

The higher the projectile's piercing value the more the EoW resists it. With infinite pierce being the most resisted.

The wiki? Yeah, it's usually not up to date on what I update.

The EoW fires cursed flame balls and resists piercing.

The reason that is is because piercing is an integer value that is decremented each time the projectile passes through a target and hits it.

The higher the projectile's piercing value the more the EoW resists it. With infinite pierce being the most resisted.
Well then. I guess that EoW isn't a thing that I will be doing in this playthrough :(
*looks at the revengeance mode buff for The Destroyer* Phew.

Why? Are you trying to use all spears or flails or whatever? Revengeance EoW was extremely easy for me with according gear.

Why? Are you trying to use all spears or flails or whatever? Revengeance EoW was extremely easy for me with according gear.
Spear only. Thought to myself. "One weapon type that I never use is spears", so thought I would give it a try. I should say that this does include thrown spears.

Maybe I could make him not resist spears and flails, etc. in the next update. Maybe.
I think the better option would be to make it so he takes like 50% reduced damage from them or something, because they are really strong against him because once you destroy a single head, headon, his segments just start disappearing. You get ball'o'hurt and you just melt him, even on expert mode.

How does the vanilla game work some might ask?

Let me give you a lesson.

All yoyos, spears, and flails are projectiles that pierce a set number of times. Revengeance eater of worlds resists piercing projectiles.

I hope this answers this.

Wait, yoyos don't pierce though. That's a vanilla feature?

Wait, yoyos don't pierce though. That's a vanilla feature?
Not necessarily piercing. It's number of hits. A yoyo (most of them anyway) can only hit up to a certain number of times before having to be thrown out again. So therefore yoyos are affected by the EoW revengeance mode "god armour".

Not necessarily piercing. It's number of hits. A yoyo (most of them anyway) can only hit up to a certain number of times before having to be thrown out again. So therefore yoyos are affected by the EoW revengeance mode "god armour".

Well Drew's words were yoyos being a piercing projectile. But this could simply be a misunderstanding due to semantics.

Well Drew's words were yoyos being a piercing projectile. But this could simply be a misunderstanding due to semantics.
Technically yes, but because they bounce off if they don't get the chance to pierce.

Any reason why this is happening? I knew this used to be a problem with bows but that seems to have been fixed since I spoke about it.
The Scourge of the Desert seems to dip down when fired up, go straight when fired horizontally, dip up when fired down. You could say the dipping down when fired up makes sense, but it's a gradual dip, rather than dipping after a while compared to things like it.
(Bone Javelin to compare).
Screenshot_188.png Screenshot_191.pngScreenshot_193.png
Screenshot_187.png Screenshot_190.png Screenshot_189.png

Do you have Terraria.exe in the installation folder?
Well the mods aren't updated to terraria 1.3.5.2. All them need 1.3.5.1 in order to run.
[doublepost=1499990907,1499990519][/doublepost]
Spear only. Thought to myself. "One weapon type that I never use is spears", so thought I would give it a try. I should say that this does include thrown spears.
When the next update comes out are you going to update it to go along with terraria v. 1.3.5.2?

Question, does anyone else have the problem where Revengance mode disables knock-back immunity?
Because even when I have the obsidian shield equipped I still take knock back, which makes fights with the slime god, the destroyer, and the twins extremely aggravating.
Also this is honestly my favorite mod simply down to how much challenge it adds to the game, seriously keep up the good work!

Yoyos ARE projectiles that have a set pierce value. It IS piercing, don't let it fool you. That's how they work in the vanilla code which I have read through many times.

Scourge of the Desert multiplies it's X velocity as it travels...so that's intentional.

The 'knockback immunity not working' is NOT a bug with this mod. Literally just tested with nothing else equipped on revengeance mode except a cobalt shield and I don't take any knockback.

Yoyos ARE projectiles that have a set pierce value. It IS piercing, don't let it fool you. That's how they work in the vanilla code which I have read through many times.

Scourge of the Desert multiplies it's X velocity as it travels...so that's intentional.

The 'knockback immunity not working' is NOT a bug with this mod. Literally just tested with nothing else equipped on revengeance mode except a cobalt shield and I don't take any knockback.

I just see piercing weapons as weapons that literally pierce through through an enemy. They may be coded that to be piercing weapons, but yoyos do not pierce in the traditional sense. They bounce off enemies they hit.

Interesting that they would classify them as piercing to be honest.

When it says projectile.penetrate = a number greater than 1 or -1 which is infinite then yeah...it's piercing...

The yoyo item is not thrown out itself. It throws a projectile that has a set penetration value. All the 'bouncy' junk is done in the yoyo AI.

Per enemy hit the penetrate/pierce value is lowered by 1. If the value is -1 then it is infinite, therefor it cannot reduce.

When it says projectile.penetrate = a number greater than 1 or -1 which is infinite then yeah...it's piercing...

OK. What does it say for yoyos? My experience with yoyos is literally that they bounce off things that they hit. I have never in my life seen a yoyo actually pass through an enemy. I think the counterweights do, but yoyos themselves.. never.

Back
Top Bottom