tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Lol, it's funny how you think i'm trolling. You are seriously THAT triggered right now.

This isn't just a change but a nerf on the player for being strong or "too powerful" when it is the mod dev's own fault for making it that way. Nothing is wrong with a basic game mechanic, he only added this debuff post-ML because he hates it when people beat his mod. He has an ego, which I don't like. It is frustrating, and he should take criticism to heart rather than ignore it and continue to roll this mod downhill like a boulder doomed to bowl off an eventual cliff.

Whether or not I can "choose" to use them is not the point of the discussion, but that it is a poor design choice. I'd be fine if he did something else to present new challenges for the player rather than add something that PUNISHES the player for progressing. It's not fair for those who are less-skilled or not intermediate like myself (granted, revengeance, but there are those still looking for a better challenge). I still have trouble paying attention to my surroundings in certain situations even in vanilla, but that's the typical bull:red:.

The cherry on top is that this dev has NO intention of EVER listening to those who criticize him for these decisions. I remember when hoiking was removed and the community made a fuss about it and messaged Red to please bring it back, and he did because not only did players do it for funzies; but also for the fact that players benefited STRATEGICALLY from it.

Removing health regen when it is something that benefits the player in certain situations (almost ALL the time) is SUBTRACTING from the player rather than adding something for them they can actually do something about. This is out of player control entirely when MOST situations the player is presented with, they can still take control of it. Negative health regen does NOT present a fair challenge. Rather a mechanic that can KILL the player if they are not aware of the mechanic in the first place (which Drew did a poor job of explaining [he never did] on his front page and hid it among the forum posts).
[doublepost=1501566107,1501566054][/doublepost]

Not an opinion, rather a fact. Most mod devs have pretty much turned on drew at this point due to his way of thinking and lack of the ability to handle criticism.
just a heads up, people are more likely to listen to criticism if you don't go on a tirade about how they are such a :red: person and that everyone hates them so on and so fourth, that's not how people work.

I don't see the point of the post Moon Lord acid rain mechanic. It doesn't add anything to the game and doesn't promote skill based gameplay like the rest of the mod does. It doesn't meld well with the rest of the content, and simply demoralizes the player with a forced and extremely dangerous debuff that,q without other mods, you can't really do anything about.

Of course there's the lead core, but (if you're on expert), what's the point of the 7th accessory slot of most of the time it'll be occupied just to not be impaired by the rain?

This seriously needs to be removed...I don't believe anyone asked for it, nor do I know anyone who likes it.

I don't see the point of the post Moon Lord acid rain mechanic. It doesn't add anything to the game and doesn't promote skill based gameplay like the rest of the mod does. It doesn't meld well with the rest of the content, and simply demoralizes the player with a forced and extremely dangerous debuff that,q without other mods, you can't really do anything about.

Of course there's the lead core, but (if you're on expert), what's the point of the 7th accessory slot of most of the time it'll be occupied just to not be impaired by the rain?

This seriously needs to be removed...I don't believe anyone asked for it, nor do I know anyone who likes it.
an alternative as opposed to it being removed could be defeating some sort of mini-boss perhaps? I agree with it being changed to a certain point but I don't think removing it entirely is necessary, perhaps enemies could have items or something to make it useful, defeating this mini-boss would make you immune to irradiated and make it only happen occasionally
spit-balling ideas really

If it was a threat that could be permanently removed at a fair point (before fighting DoG?), then that would be also perfectly fine.

I didn't even know about the Lead Core. The Acid Rain mechanic definitely does feel strange and doesn't really feel like it belongs in Terraria. I prefer to simply avoid fighting any bosses during the rain. This really doesn't add any challenge at all to the game, just further annoyance.

For what it's worth, supposedly the Silva armor and then the Auric Tesla armor suppresses Acid Rain debuff, but obviously that is very, very late game.

Acid rain could be a good mechanic if they add more stuff centered around it. Acid theme bosses, mobs only appearing during acid rain which drop acid theme materials, or building materials/furniture capable of blocking acid rain debuffs in a area.

Or acid rain debuff should be able to affect both players and enemies (I am not sure whether the -def debuff also applied to enemies in the current version), and weaken the bosses (make their AI silly or disable their dps cap) .

uhh guys help i hit reload mods calamity mod say this: The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/CaveStoryBossBattle.mp3 failed to load. what can i do?? im only using calamity mod without any other mods

Acid rain could be a good mechanic if they add more stuff centered around it. Acid theme bosses, mobs only appearing during acid rain which drop acid theme materials, or building materials/furniture capable of blocking acid rain debuffs in a area.

Or acid rain debuff should be able to affect both players and enemies (I am not sure whether the -def debuff also applied to enemies in the current version), and weaken the bosses (make their AI silly or disable their dps cap) .

I've mentioned before how it could be balanced. It'd first need to be truly unique and serve some purpose rather than being a flat out negative. Say you keep the current defence debuff but are also given a large damage boost? It'd give the rain great purpose for when you have events or bosses you'd like to farm. And to make it all more convenient, adding in an item that allows you to end the rain, like the Torrential Tear, as well being able to combine the two in the rain equivalent of the Cosmolight.

Following the current progression with this mod, another possible solution is this:

The acid rain event, starting from post ML, will be a flat negative. A huge chunk of your defence is cut out and you maybe get a damage bonus. No Lead Core drop either. You have to suffer through it. There would probably be materials dropped by the event mobs that are then used to summon a boss. You slay said mini-boss and then the rain event will become worse. Much worse. You have no defence whatsoever.

Following this change, the mobs will now drop (or perhaps some newly added mob) a new material, say... lead shards. Gather a large number of these shards and combine them with the earlier material to craft the Lead Core. Not the stupid idea of it being an accessory, oh no, but it being CONSUMABLE. Yeah. Eat that lead core. Yum.

Now you're immune to irradiation!:merchanthappy:

But you now also have lead poisoning...:merchantmad:

Last edited:
Lol, it's funny how you think i'm trolling. You are seriously THAT triggered right now.

This isn't just a change but a nerf on the player for being strong or "too powerful" when it is the mod dev's own fault for making it that way. Nothing is wrong with a basic game mechanic, he only added this debuff post-ML because he hates it when people beat his mod. He has an ego, which I don't like. It is frustrating, and he should take criticism to heart rather than ignore it and continue to roll this mod downhill like a boulder doomed to bowl off an eventual cliff.

Whether or not I can "choose" to use them is not the point of the discussion, but that it is a poor design choice. I'd be fine if he did something else to present new challenges for the player rather than add something that PUNISHES the player for progressing. It's not fair for those who are less-skilled or not intermediate like myself (granted, revengeance, but there are those still looking for a better challenge). I still have trouble paying attention to my surroundings in certain situations even in vanilla, but that's the typical bull:red:.

The cherry on top is that this dev has NO intention of EVER listening to those who criticize him for these decisions. I remember when hoiking was removed and the community made a fuss about it and messaged Red to please bring it back, and he did because not only did players do it for funzies; but also for the fact that players benefited STRATEGICALLY from it.

Removing health regen when it is something that benefits the player in certain situations (almost ALL the time) is SUBTRACTING from the player rather than adding something for them they can actually do something about. This is out of player control entirely when MOST situations the player is presented with, they can still take control of it. Negative health regen does NOT present a fair challenge. Rather a mechanic that can KILL the player if they are not aware of the mechanic in the first place (which Drew did a poor job of explaining [he never did] on his front page and hid it among the forum posts).
[doublepost=1501566107,1501566054][/doublepost]

Not an opinion, rather a fact. Most mod devs have pretty much turned on drew at this point due to his way of thinking and lack of the ability to handle criticism.
do you have any proof that they turned on him? Because i don't think anyone would turn on an amazing mod creator, for a change in regen, its what he wants his mod to be like if don't like that then deal with it. if you hate it that much then make your own mod, then see why your making a fuss over nothing.
[doublepost=1501617266][/doublepost]
I've mentioned before how it could be balanced. It'd first need to be truly unique and serve some purpose rather than being a flat out negative. Say you keep the current defence debuff but are also given a large damage boost? It'd give the rain great purpose for when you have events or bosses you'd like to farm. And to make it all more convenient, adding in an item that allows you to end the rain, like the Torrential Tear, as well being able to combine the two in the rain equivalent of the Cosmolight.

Following the current progression with this mod, another possible solution is this:

The acid rain event, starting from post ML, will be a flat negative. A huge chunk of your defence is cut out and you maybe get a damage bonus. No Lead Core drop either. You have to suffer through it. There would probably be materials dropped by the event mobs that are then used to summon a boss. You slay said mini-boss and then the rain event will become worse. Much worse. You have no defence whatsoever.

Following this change, the mobs will now drop (or perhaps some newly added mob) a new material, say... lead shards. Gather a large number of these shards and combine them with the earlier material to craft the Lead Core. Not the stupid idea of it being an accessory, oh no, but it being CONSUMABLE. Yeah. Eat that lead core. Yum.

Now you're immune to irradiation!:merchanthappy:

But you now also have lead poisoning...:merchantmad:
so immunity to the irradiated debuff forever but always have poison debuff that sounds fair enough

insert wall of text here[/doublepost]
Half of your argument was pointless ad-hominem, and the other half were successfully addressed by the fact that it's in a mode that is a calamity-exclusive challenge mode. If you don't want the challenge....just play the mod normally on expert.
And whatever argument was left (acid rain) we've cleanly and clearly addressed in the past; acid rain's getting more content, and it already gives significant damage debuffs, AND it Does affect enemies as well, plus it's still being balanced (as we've said in the past), so a little more patience and open-mindedness would go a long way.

More acid rain related content is planned, but no other mobs and stuff have been sprited yet.

Also, the Irradiated debuff also increases your damage and movement speed along with minion knockback. It isn't completely a bad thing for players if you don't try facetanking bosses. Not really liking how the debuff is inflicted all the time during rain, unless there was an item that removed rain, but complete and reckless ranting about it won't change how its inflicted on players.

wall of blahblahblah.
its funny how you criticize an optional addition to the game, and also considering you were the same person complaing that the DoG needed a nerf because you couldnt follow simple AI patterns, also i have been around here for a while and have never seen any other mod devs speak negatively about drew, criticism and opinions about some ideas maybe, but never negative views...

Alright, some of this needs to stop.

@xJake - you need to stop this campaign. The Calamity devs will make changes as they see fit, not as you demand. If you can't provide calm, respectful criticism, then don't post anything at all. You've been advised of this twice before, and there is no point in you continuing down this path. There won't be any further tolerance of this from the staff. Just drop it.

The rest of you - stop piling on. Report and move on - and don't neglect the 'move on' part. By continuing to quote and comment on his post, you are just pouring fuel on the fire.

Buddy...its a revengeance change...you can literally choose *not* to use them. And the same update is adding *several* new enemies, so take your trolling elsewhere.
That goes for you as well, @Ziggums. Just because you're one of the mod developers doesn't give you license to call out people posting in this thread. You're subject to the same forum rules as everyone else.

Calamity mod is an amazing thing to have alongside with some other mods, but it has some pretty game breaking issues.
First of all, bosses don't work. They either don't spawn, or spawn and then disappear without any trace after getting hit once.
Or even better, disappear after 2 seconds if you don't hit them. But then again why hit them? They'll despawn anyways...

Second of all the Revengeance item does not seem to function properly, and i have an odd feeling that it might be the thing standing behind all this.
We've defeated EoC earlier as well as a Thorium mod mini-boss the Grand Thunder Bird (that was our first one).
No changes of any sort applied.
Damage dealt, damage taken, money drops, boss ai and the super unique loot that is accompanied by Revengeance mode doesn't function.

Now, i might be that oblivious fool who missed an important note on something, and i'm sorry for that in advance.

I'm playing multiplayer with my friend. We both used the Revengeance mode item just a few minutes after starting the game.

Is there some way to fix this? What even is causing all this?
I can provide a list of our currently used mods if requested.

Calamity mod is an amazing thing to have alongside with some other mods, but it has some pretty game breaking issues.
First of all, bosses don't work. They either don't spawn, or spawn and then disappear without any trace after getting hit once.
Or even better, disappear after 2 seconds if you don't hit them. But then again why hit them? They'll despawn anyways...

Second of all the Revengeance item does not seem to function properly, and i have an odd feeling that it might be the thing standing behind all this.
We've defeated EoC earlier as well as a Thorium mod mini-boss the Grand Thunder Bird (that was our first one).
No changes of any sort applied.
Damage dealt, damage taken, money drops, boss ai and the super unique loot that is accompanied by Revengeance mode doesn't function.

Now, i might be that oblivious fool who missed an important note on something, and i'm sorry for that in advance.

I'm playing multiplayer with my friend. We both used the Revengeance mode item just a few minutes after starting the game.

Is there some way to fix this? What even is causing all this?
I can provide a list of our currently used mods if requested.
Multiplayer with modding tends to be a bit glitchy; were trying our best to make it polished, but as of now just expect that those bugs you mentioned are multiplayer exclusive.

Programming for multiplayer makes me want to cry. We're trying to fix bugs as said above.

I'm also really losing motivation to do this. Whether this be caused by annoying people in the community or just me being flat out sick of Terraria, maybe it's both, or perhaps it's many things. Either way I don't see myself doing much in the coming days, or even weeks, modded or otherwise.

I said I was going to stop reading this thread a couple days ago to myself, but I just keep coming back to it for some reason.

And I know there are a lot of people that don't want me to stop...but it's been getting really hard to do anything at all recently. This time I'm being serious, it's not a joke like it was last time on the Discord.

I tried equipping the "lol" item with Hero's Mod. It killed me over and over again forever and I couldn't do anything about it. Goodbye character.

Back
Top Bottom