tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
@MountainDrew You're free to do as you wish, mate. This mod is by far my favorite out of any in my list simply for the amount of dedication put into its making. Accessories I wish had existed in vanilla now do, new and interesting bosses for skilled Terrarians to battle, greatly buffed and more challenging events, and now the prospect of the final boss Yharim... all of these are the things that drew me into this mod. I myself had actually stopped playing Terraria until I'd stumbled upon this mod and all the awesome stuff it held within it. It reignited my love for the game. It's understandable to take a break or even quit at this point. Any further additions to mod are fantastic but it has already proven itself an amazing mod.:merchantwink:

Continuing argument and distruption - you are banned from replying further
its funny how you criticize an optional addition to the game, and also considering you were the same person complaing that the DoG needed a nerf because you couldnt follow simple AI patterns, also i have been around here for a while and have never seen any other mod devs speak negatively about drew, criticism and opinions about some ideas maybe, but never negative views...

Wasn't the one who started this "campaign"

I've only been advised because my opinion is unpopular and the devs don't like it. Good, the world is full of opinions, beliefs, etc that many people don't like.

I'm being silenced by an administrator cause the dev can't handle the criticism.

Nothing I said was in the wrong, or abusive to others. Plenty of other people before me have done worse and thus received no punishment.

If people can learn to handle criticism, then things would probably go along smoother; but no, people need to complain and whine over someone's opinion, and by result, bringing the conversation back to chaos. And I never DEMANDED anything. I simply CRITCIZED, which most people here can't handle. If someone is making a decision that many of us here disagree with -- it is OUR right to criticize it. I've done nothing wrong here.

Last edited:
Programming for multiplayer makes me want to cry. We're trying to fix bugs as said above.

I'm also really losing motivation to do this. Whether this be caused by annoying people in the community or just me being flat out sick of Terraria, maybe it's both, or perhaps it's many things. Either way I don't see myself doing much in the coming days, or even weeks, modded or otherwise.

I said I was going to stop reading this thread a couple days ago to myself, but I just keep coming back to it for some reason.

And I know there are a lot of people that don't want me to stop...but it's been getting really hard to do anything at all recently. This time I'm being serious, it's not a joke like it was last time on the Discord.

Sounds like you need a break. Don't let anyone try to tell you what you should or shouldn't do, at the end of the day, it's your mod. All we can do as players is provide feedback and you have to choose which is valuable and which should go in the trash.

By the way, bug to report. It seems acid rain bugs out the Old One's Army event.. the mobs just don't spawn. Tried activating again when it wasn't raining and they spawn again.

@MountainDrew, I do not know if you will read this, but I want to say something.

I have been following this mod for months now. In the mod, I have been introduced to all kinds of things: From silly items to the most broken of weapons and from funny bosses in concept to the most difficult bosses, yet so fun to fight. All made in your free time, presumably couple of hours a day

However, with everything you put into the game there will always be a few people that do not agree with it. But, let me remind you that there is a vast majority of people that actually respect your work, no matter what you do. While I am the one typing this reply, I do believe that many other people think the same way.

Taking a break from time to time is good, but do not feel demotivated. What you will do in the future is all up to you, but I hope this reply helped you regardless.

-A Calamity mod Supporter

anyway... I like this mod. Not only me, My friends also like this mod. Though we're not good at original terraria, so its very hard to defeat the calamity bosses(XD), I'm very satisfied. and always thx for Dev's work.

I just can't wait to play 2.0. but, take care of your self first. Take a enough rest, and just don't give up this mod plz. until then, me and my friends can wait.

Hey, man. I've been playing this mod for about a month now, and it's one of the best mods I've ever played! Of course, it's on of the only mods I've ever played, BUT STILL! The sprite work is really well done. some things look like they could actually be from vanilla. Anyway, I've noticed none of the enemies drop any banners. So, I've taken upon myself to draw a concept featuring all the gem crawlers.
Oc5rdkg.png

So, what do you think? Should I try making banners for all of the enemies?

Hi, I have a bug to report! In my world its not even raining, but I have the irradiated debuff. If anyone knows of a solution please tell me!

This politics or a game mod thread? Why all the constant attacks? Who CARES about the creator's ego, all it should be interpreted as he wants to make what he wants to make. There's NO obligation saying he has to yield to feedback, and if you want something changed that badly, explain why it should be changed instead of calling the mod creator names. What are we all, children?

...Actually, most members of this forum actually are. Regardless, this :red:show can be handled better. Talk about the mod and what you don't like about it if you must, but criticism must be criticism to be considered valid. Something to remember.

Hey, man. I've been playing this mod for about a month now, and it's one of the best mods I've ever played! Of course, it's on of the only mods I've ever played, BUT STILL! The sprite work is really well done. some things look like they could actually be from vanilla. Anyway, I've noticed none of the enemies drop any banners. So, I've taken upon myself to draw a concept featuring all the gem crawlers.
Oc5rdkg.png

So, what do you think? Should I try making banners for all of the enemies?
i think that these banners look great

Hey, @MountainDrew, though I might scarcely be here, I'd just like to say something in regards to the political garbage that's been going on in this thread as of late: Do as you wish with the mod and don't let people's personal attacks get to you. That's not to say that I don't believe the criticism in this thread to be valid - after all, I do want some rebalancing in the mod in regards to items and the Acid Rain event. It's just that calling you egotistical and self-centered should NEVER be the way to go about it and besides, due to this being YOUR project first and foremost, it should be YOUR choice as to go about it.

Thanks a million for creating Calamity in the first place, btw. I truly do enjoy the mod.

Fabsol/MountainDrew will no longer update this thread, as he has been banned from changing or responding to it for a month. After the month expires, he will not pay attention to it. If you desire updates, please visit the Calamity Public Discord for information. Thank you.

Well, that sucks, since this thread was an easy place for people to ask questions and receive updates without having to go to Discord. Ah, well. At least I've access to the Calamity Discord myself.

As for @MountainDrew themselves: I'm really and truly sorry that your thread turned into such a :red:show so quickly. And everyone makes mistakes when it comes to responding to people who've personally attacked you, so I don't blame you. (Sorry if I worded that weirdly) Hope everything goes well for you.

Back
Top Bottom