tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
not what i meant. i adore drew for his contributions to the terraria community and wish them well.

i'm just more shocked that they were taken out because calamity to me was always the "get ready to get rocked, kid" mod when you had the option to put them on, and now them being replaced is kinda disappointing because it's no where near the same difficulty. the AI changes while some of the bosses it will make up for in health/damage won't for others because they simply don't have the same health pool, and you actually get more out of your armor than in expert mode so it just seems a lot easier overall %:sigh:

not what i meant. i adore drew for his contributions to the terraria community and wish them well.

i'm just more shocked that they were taken out because calamity to me was always the "get ready to get rocked, kid" mod when you had the option to put them on, and now them being replaced is kinda disappointing because it's no where near the same difficulty. the AI changes while some of the bosses it will make up for in health/damage won't for others because they simply don't have the same health pool, and you actually get more out of your armor than in expert mode so it just seems a lot easier overall %:sigh:
Yeah, but there's also extra mechanics to deal with as well, like DoG numero dos.

yes, but... that's the only major difference and that's one boss. the rest are significantly easier than on prepare to cry outside of *MAYBE* skeleton prime and that's just a case of meeting the dps check by morning which is doable but the one and only time i did it on prepare to cry (because it only took one try) i had to spend like an hour and a half walking back n forth to kill it in dungeon guardian mode which wouldn't be possible with the increased speed (as far as i know) but again it has a much lower health pool making it not an issue.

i really liked the vastly more difficult versions of the bosses and yeah not many people did them on prepare to cry or just cheated in items from the drop table or cheated to kill the bosses with super strong items. the point was in my eyes to have a wall to pass. it's not the same when you're told the only way to make it harder is don't use your hands or feet to climb it when all the previous bosses have given you climbing equipment.

you didn't have to make it harder on yourself to do the mod pack but the option was there. now... it's not. that's the point. it's not a huge deal though i'm making it out to be it's just kinda disheartening to see one of the hardest things to do in terraria didn't make it through to the later stages of the mod pack.

i love calamity as it's by far my favorite mod pack in any game really; just a little sad it's not as difficult as it use to be.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT

on a more on-topic note

uhh the discord link isn't on the OP. now that the forum thread reopened are you going to fix this? or was this intentional?

Icemane yharon.png
I present the recolor of yharon,
Icemane, the blizzard's storm! I completely recolored yharon in colors of purples and blues, except for of course his bracelets. He got to keep those. I just thought it would be cool to just recolor yharon so I did it. Lots of respect to the original author. It must of taken a extremely long time. I hope you guys like it!

View attachment 182777 I present the recolor of yharon,
Icemane, the blizzard's storm! I completely recolored yharon in colors of purples and blues, except for of course his bracelets. He got to keep those. I just thought it would be cool to just recolor yharon so I did it. Lots of respect to the original author. It must of taken a extremely long time. I hope you guys like it!
I like the recolor! It would be a great idea for Icemane to be a counterpart to Yharon!

Seeing as it bugs me all the time, I'm thinking of creating Yharon gore sprites. Is it needed?

EDIT: Also it is great to see this back up and running again :dryadsmile:

View attachment 182777 I present the recolor of yharon,
Lovely. I like recolors.

well dam. Yharon is getting a resprite.
I'll wait those long years until Yharon gets resprited then do the gore

Back
Top Bottom