tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Can we please get a download link to Calamity version 1.2.0.4??? There's a bandwidth problems on the tModloader and people can't update!

there is something incredible about my experience with this thread. I have been a bystander for a ton of time, read almost ALL of the pages, gave my opinions when I was in time to do so, I have gave my deliberate support to the main developer, with which I sympathize a lot... and I'm still yet to start ONE playthrough of this mod because of a self-imposed progression schedule...

I don't even know why I'm posting this, guess I had to get it off my chest...
I don't think anyone will even remember me

Finally I'm getting round to doing this. It bugs me that the pictures in the boss thing are outdated, so I'm making some sprites for it :dryadsmile:

Doubt it will help at all, but I remade the DoG forum NPC boss picture thing. Ya know, the DoG picture with all his drops.
upload_2017-9-10_20-4-0.png

i can't play i can't dowload with dowload browser and with the site pls help
download manually from either the discord or the front page on here. The first page of this post has instructions on how to replace your old calamity mod with the updated one.

Decided to try my hand at some re-spriting. Starting with some Post-DoG items.

The first I felt was in dire need of a re-sprite: The Vanquisher Arrow.
Vanquisher_Arrow.png

It still uses the color scheme of the older DoG. (Not the last one but the one before that.) That and there's little to no outline to it. That bothers me.
n7qtjdF.png

Both issues I had were rectified. It's also larger and it looks sharper, too! Truly looks like a "Vanquisher" arrow, does it not?
Next up: the Asgardian Aegis.
Asgardian_Aegis.png

I like this design, but let's face it. This color scheme doesn't really work for this incarnation of DoG.
bj8glNa.png

I changed the color scheme to the current one, and added some extra plating to it.
Do I plan to do more? Yes. I at least want to do the Staff of the Mechworm, and maybe the Mechworm minion itself. I also might try the Core of Calamity.

I wanna do the Biome Blade and the True Biome Blade. Make them match the other three weapons in that series. Then again, it could've already happened and the wiki editors just haven't updated those yet.

Last edited:
ok, then there should be an indicator that it adds a stress bar. We aren't concerned about losing 2 people so thats your issue, I assume you could just turn the mod off and reinstall anyways
if you actually think losing 2 isn't an issue you're seriously not thinking straight. First off, it's not 2. It's 17. Second off, you're forcing a mechanic down someone's throat that makes the game not enjoyable.

I like the mod. I even wrote a post about the big mods and how good they are and within 1 patch it has 180 flipped from one of the top 2 mods I would ever recommend to a mod I would never recommend because the developer took it upon himself to add a waiting line to the game. It's like you made this really cool theme park ride then added a captcha to every step you take in that line instead of just allowing someone to take their step normally.

I didn't ask you to remove the stress mechanic. I asked for a way to turn it off. /stressoff is what I asked for, but instead you take the nuclear option, unfortunately the only thing you are nuking is your own mod. Because if the option doesn't present itself, you just lose supporters. It's a lose lose situation. Do you have such a god complex to think that because you made a change it must be final and you would risk losing ANYONE? Who exactly is this mod for? Yourself? Because it seems like you actually don't care about anyone that downloads your mod.

if you actually think losing 2 isn't an issue you're seriously not thinking straight. First off, it's not 2. It's 17. Second off, you're forcing a mechanic down someone's throat that makes the game not enjoyable.

I like the mod. I even wrote a post about the big mods and how good they are and within 1 patch it has 180 flipped from one of the top 2 mods I would ever recommend to a mod I would never recommend because the developer took it upon himself to add a waiting line to the game. It's like you made this really cool theme park ride then added a captcha to every step you take in that line instead of just allowing someone to take their step normally.

I didn't ask you to remove the stress mechanic. I asked for a way to turn it off. /stressoff is what I asked for, but instead you take the nuclear option, unfortunately the only thing you are nuking is your own mod. Because if the option doesn't present itself, you just lose supporters. It's a lose lose situation. Do you have such a god complex to think that because you made a change it must be final and you would risk losing ANYONE? Who exactly is this mod for? Yourself? Because it seems like you actually don't care about anyone that downloads your mod.
not too sure the actual number but I assume its in the thousands, 17 isn't an issue regardless.
You're forcing the mechanic on yourself by using that item.
Revengeance is essentially the mode where the game is meant to work how we want it to work, mechanics, bosses etc. I talked to Drew and told him that we should update the revengeance item and that's what's happening.
[doublepost=1505100352,1505100193][/doublepost]
Decided to try my hand at some re-spriting. Starting with some Post-DoG items.

The first I felt was in dire need of a re-sprite: The Vanquisher Arrow.
Vanquisher_Arrow.png

It still uses the color scheme of the older DoG. (Not the last one but the one before that.) That and there's little to no outline to it. That bothers me.
n7qtjdF.png

Both issues I had were rectified. It's also larger and it looks sharper, too! Truly looks like a "Vanquisher" arrow, does it not?
Next up: the Asgardian Aegis.
Asgardian_Aegis.png

I like this design, but let's face it. This color scheme doesn't really work for this incarnation of DoG.
bj8glNa.png

I changed the color scheme to the current one, and added some extra plating to it.
Do I plan to do more? Yes. I at least want to do the Staff of the Mechworm, and maybe the Mechworm minion itself. I also might try the Core of Calamity.

I wanna do the Biome Blade and the True Biome Blade. Make them match the other three weapons in that series. Then again, it could've already happened and the wiki editors just haven't updated those yet.
Although both of the original sprites are outdated, both of the ones you have made are incredibly banded (essentially the colours form a gradient/staircase sorta deal) you can see it especially on the arrows tip, makes a sprite look kinda blurry and its considered poor shading in general. Not trying to be rude or anything mind you just trying to let you know about how to improve your spriterinos. Check out some spriting guides for help on how to remove banding altogether, just try google or pixel art threads right here on TCF.
Oh, almost forgot, the whole biome blade tree (heh) has been resprited by frous (the dude who made DoG and both Calamiti)

Although both of the original sprites are outdated, both of the ones you have made are incredibly banded (essentially the colours form a gradient/staircase sorta deal) you can see it especially on the arrows tip, makes a sprite look kinda blurry and its considered poor shading in general. Not trying to be rude or anything mind you just trying to let you know about how to improve your spriterinos. Check out some spriting guides for help on how to remove banding altogether, just try google or pixel art threads right here on TCF.
Oh, almost forgot, the whole biome blade tree (heh) has been resprited by frous (the dude who made DoG and both Calamiti)
Okay. Noted. I'll see what I can do. And I'd figured that was probably the case, I just wanted to be sure.

Last edited:

You are absolutely right. Not only is this stress mechanic poorly designed as of now, it's also terribly out of place in both this mod, and in a game like Terraria.

It's unfortunate that they're tarnishing such a great mod with a blatantly questionable decision. But alas, trial and error can proceed to greatness. Hopefully they'll somehow find a way to fix it so that the stress mechanic lives up to the par which the rest of Calamity sets.

Back
Top Bottom