tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I have seen a little gameplay of this mod, and it looks beautiful, but I don't entirely trust that Mediafire link. Just need some confirmation that its safe lol (also I don't have a "modloader" folder in my Terraria folder...?):rolleyes:
Tens of thousands of people have used it, i think its safe lol

Hello there, I'm not sure if Calamity is a non-multiplayer mod or not but... in case it IS able to be used properly with multiplayer, I'd like to report a problem. We tried to set the world to Revengence mode (expert world) and for a few moments (like, maybe a minute or two) it works fine, shows stress meter and such, then it suddenly disables itself. No explaining, no nothing. Is this a common problem, and if it is, how do we fix it?

Last edited:
I am literally out of ideas.

Currently fighting DoG and utterly failing. Why? I just cannot deal with the constant fluctuation in FPS. The moment the Cosmic worm has been used the game goes down to a crawl at 20fps. Sometimes that goes up for a second leaving me without any way of responding quick enough to dodge. Aka suddenly it runs normal speed.

Storm Weaver had the same effect. First phase 20fps but on the second it goes back fullspeed at 60. Any other boses before this never happened.

Drivers are for the most part up-to-date. Frame skip? Lowering the other settings? Fullscreen, windowed or borderless? Tried it all. My poor i7 CPU is barely in use. GPU (1060) does pretty much the same. 12GB memory free for the game to do whatever it wants with. So what could possibly be wrong here?

AutoTrash
BossChecklist
CalamityMod
CheatSheet
ExperienceAndClasses
Fargowiltas
FKBossHealthBar
FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain
imkSushis
Infinity
ItemChecklist
MagicStorage
PlayerHealthManaBar
RecipeBrowser
SacredTools
SimpleAutoChests
Thorium
Unleveled

Ideas?

Polterghast? Necroghast? Necroplasm? Heres some lore for it :3

A long time ago, when Yharim was first introduced to power, he was once a gentle and caring king, holding back the strongest beasts in the universe with his massive army and his long-time friend, Yharon. A particular demon was proving to be quite a nuisance to a certain solar system, leaving its planets drenched in brimstone fire, and Yharim was running out of ways to stop it. Desperate, he went to the lunar cultists to see if they knew how to summon a powerful beast to counter the demon, as the experiment for cloning Yharon, well, could've gone better. They said they could, but only with the sacrifice of a powerful creature. He searched the land for a beast to fit the specifications, and in the jungle, he came across a powerful beast, known in that land as Plantera. The sacrifice was successful, and, something, was successfully summoned. It started out small, no bigger than a bunny. Then it stole its first soul from one of Yharim's soldiers.

It became massive. Strong. The more souls it ate, the more it seemed to want to consume, and the more souls it consumed, the stronger and bigger it got. In its wake, it left nothing but a grey streak of ashes, decay, and the degrading husks of Yharim's soldiers. Yharim was confused, scared, and that, is when it sensed his soul. It rushed at him. It trapped him in its long tendrils of ectoplasmic matter, and began to siphon his soul. If Yharon had not been there that day, the proud king would have been nothing more than another ashen husk in its wake. Yharon fought it off long enough for the cultists to devise a plan. In a last desperate attempt,they threw an ancient artifact of containment at it, trapping it in a shell of providential stone. As they had hoped, the unholy goddess Providence arrived. She weakened it, and banished it to the realm of undead beasts, where it resides to this day, feeding on the weak souls of the skeletons and ghosts that reside there. Now, it waits patiently in the dungeon for Providence to be slain, so that it may have a chance to escape the dungeon and devour every living thing that it an find. As for Yharim, he survived the incident, but what little was left of his soul collapsed in on itself, and corrupted. To this day, Yharon does not approve of his actions, almost scared of what once was his friend.

It goes only by nicknames, as its true name is only known by one other being besides the cultists, a divine creature known as the Devourer of Gods. If its name is even spoken within the presence of the Devourer, it is enough to make it tremble inside its armor. If someone were to stuble into this realm of wandering souls known as the Dungeon, one would be wise as to not tamper with its food source, as if it pokes its head out, it may find your soul more, appealing. All it needs is to repair the broken soul it stole from Yharim to break free, all it needs are a few powerful souls, like that of a hero...

Last edited:
PxANtEz.png
TGwJz3W.png
QKSlDt1.png
3G2CQmS.png
UuMaoqy.png

Made the ore-dropping slimes look a little more like the ores that they drop.

Hmmm... Exoblade and Vivid Clarity... We're missing... what... 3 equivalents? Ranged, Summon, and Throw? Perhaps this should be fixed... I know it may sound a little crazy, but hear me out. You might like it!

Okay! To be crafted each one will need...
  1. 7 or 8 High-Tier Weapons, Some Hard-mode, Some Post-Moon Lord, One being a direct upgrade from a Meteor Weapon
  2. Nightmare_Fuel.png
    10 Nightmare Fuel
  3. Endothermic_Energy.png
    10 Endothermic Energy
  4. Cosmilite_Bar.png
    10 Cosmilite Bars
  5. Phantoplasm.gif
    50 Phantoplasm
There's also the question of what the Ranged one would be... Would it be a Bow? A Gun? A Launcher? Something Else?

Here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking it's a bow, crafted with the following at a Draedon's Forge.
  • Flarewing_Bow.png
    Flarewing Bow
  • Planetary_Annihilation.png
    Planetary Annihilation
  • Clockwork_Bow.png
    Clockwork Bow
  • The_Ballista.png
    The Ballista
  • A Post-Moon Lord Meteor Bow Upgrade, both to be named later
  • Astreal_Defeat.png
    Astreal Defeat
  • Alluvion.png
    Alluvion
  • Brimstone_Fury.png
    Brimstone Fury
  • Nightmare_Fuel.png
    10 Nightmare Fuel
  • Endothermic_Energy.png
    10 Endothermic Energy
  • Cosmilite_Bar.png
    10 Cosmilite Bars
  • Phantoplasm.gif
    50 Phantoplasm
As for what it does? Maybe a 5-10 arrow spread, consumes one arrow. Or a ridiculous fire rate. (Sounds a little OP, but remember it's an Exoblade/Vivid Clarity Equivalent. And it's the Calamity mod. Things are meant to be this ridiculous.) Does massive amounts of damage. I have no ideas for a name... Maybe you guys could help with that.

Why is this not in Player Suggestions? Because it's a suggestion for the mod and I dunno where to put that. So, here it goes.

Over my countless attempts, I have found that certain weapons allow the fight to be much smoother and less laggy. Switch yours up and see if that helps.

Hmmm... Exoblade and Vivid Clarity... We're missing... what... 3 equivalents? Ranged, Summon, and Throw? Perhaps this should be fixed... I know it may sound a little crazy, but hear me out. You might like it!

Okay! To be crafted each one will need...
  1. 7 or 8 High-Tier Weapons, Some Hard-mode, Some Post-Moon Lord, One being a direct upgrade from a Meteor Weapon
  2. Nightmare_Fuel.png
    10 Nightmare Fuel
  3. Endothermic_Energy.png
    10 Endothermic Energy
  4. Cosmilite_Bar.png
    10 Cosmilite Bars
  5. Phantoplasm.gif
    50 Phantoplasm
There's also the question of what the Ranged one would be... Would it be a Bow? A Gun? A Launcher? Something Else?

Here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking it's a bow, crafted with the following at a Draedon's Forge.
  • Flarewing_Bow.png
    Flarewing Bow
  • Planetary_Annihilation.png
    Planetary Annihilation
  • Clockwork_Bow.png
    Clockwork Bow
  • The_Ballista.png
    The Ballista
  • A Post-Moon Lord Meteor Bow Upgrade, both to be named later
  • Astreal_Defeat.png
    Astreal Defeat
  • Alluvion.png
    Alluvion
  • Brimstone_Fury.png
    Brimstone Fury
  • Nightmare_Fuel.png
    10 Nightmare Fuel
  • Endothermic_Energy.png
    10 Endothermic Energy
  • Cosmilite_Bar.png
    10 Cosmilite Bars
  • Phantoplasm.gif
    50 Phantoplasm
As for what it does? Maybe a 5-10 arrow spread, consumes one arrow. Or a ridiculous fire rate. (Sounds a little OP, but remember it's an Exoblade/Vivid Clarity Equivalent. And it's the Calamity mod. Things are meant to be this ridiculous.) Does massive amounts of damage. I have no ideas for a name... Maybe you guys could help with that.

Why is this not in Player Suggestions? Because it's a suggestion for the mod and I dunno where to put that. So, here it goes.
And the name of it will be Exo longbow!:happy:

hi dear calamity mod creators

I have found a major bug in the game! the naturally spawning bosses if there are the 100 -200 max spawn entity on the multi-player and single-player or if you use the cheat sheet increase spawn rate it crash the game with no crash report it just crash closing out Terraria! it only happen when they spawn naturally in the game! I about too open up a public server for my clan mate! and me and 11 of my friend are test out the server load capacity and are finding out the hard way that your mod is not multi-player or single-player compatible!
I have had one of my coder tell me that the problem is the naturally spawning bosses causes a overload of data to be sent to the server! It dose often happen with normal mobs especially in the antlion nest and a lot more offer Crimson and Corruption version of the antlion nest! it also happen in the areas were they naturally spawn in the normal Crimson and Corruption! the bug dose happen with the new boss Polterghast too in the dungeon anywhere! note no other bosses has this problem!
we have also found if you have more that 60 player spread out around the map, causing the max spawn of 200 spawn entity and they spawn it crash the game and server and we have test this out! i have spent two weeks testing this out!
if there was a way to disable the naturally spawning bosses that would be nice! < note we try to do that with the cheet sheet mod it dosen't work they still spawn and get kill by it auto remover mod filter, still it crashes the game!
BTW we did try with the demon trophy and without still can up with the same problem!

boss it effects
Crabulon < rarely happen!
The Hive Mind < happen alot the crashing!
The Perforators < happen alot the crashing!
The Slime God < rarely happen!
The Leviathan < oddly has not crash the game for me! but other said it has!
Polterghast < happen alot the crashing!

it might be best if you left a message each time someone open the world saying "there are new boss summons you can make in the Crimson/Corruption/ocean/slime rain/dungeon!" like in the sky block mod!
also can you let cheet sheet butcher mob spawns kill the
The Devourer of Gods! plz! it get kind of annoying each time it does not die when it's Wrecking Ham on the server and wont despawn when there more that 10 player on or more!

it happen in the version of tmodloader v0.9.0.0 to v0.10.1.0 for terraria 1.3.5.0 and above!
mod that are install:
Heroes mod for tmodloader - most recently updated version
Cheat Sheet mod for tmodloader - most recently updated version
Calamity mod for tmodloader - most recently updated version

note: Your mod was voted for the mod server by 48 out of 60 votes for the frist mod to be run on the new modded terraria server!

Last edited:
What about Diana's crescent longbow? According to Greek mythology, the Goddess Diana would take the crescent moon and launch a blazing arrow that spangles the sky with the stars. The bow could shoot arrows that barrage the screen with many different kinds of stars, shooting them down as the arrow flies and on enemy contact. It can be a barrage of projectiles, kinda like The Burning Sky. :p

Plus, some of the bows are space themed, so it could fit.

Hey, I noticed a rather large bug on my Calamity mod world.

The profaned crags and the Yellow Underworld ores (Forgot their name) are not spawning.

On the first time I loaded the world and traveled to the Underworld, Everything was fine and nothing was missing. But after exiting and coming back 2-3 days later, I noticed that both the Profaned crags and the Underworld yellow ores are missing. When I tried to get to the crags originally, All it had was a huge chunk of unloaded territory. Here's a screencap;

upload_2017-9-19_16-25-35.png

Just literally nothing there. (Sorry if the cap is too big, I have no idea to decrease the size of it. I'll edit it smaller if I find out.)

Upon creating a second world and travelling to the underworld, Everything was fine and the profaned crags and all that jazz was still there.

It was then that I noticed that on my main world, not only did the underworld yellow ores dissapear, ALL the modded ores in the world dissapeared, and the only way I'm able to get them is either through that second world, or through the enemies such as the Cryonic/Aeralite slimes.

Can anybody explain why this happened, and if this has happened to anyone else?

I love this mod and have used it for quite a while now. I've run into a bug that causes no Hostile or Friendly Enemies to spawn (Aside from NPC's). This just recently started happening and I really want to use this mod. Any advice?

Hey, I noticed a rather large bug on my Calamity mod world.

The profaned crags and the Yellow Underworld ores (Forgot their name) are not spawning.

On the first time I loaded the world and traveled to the Underworld, Everything was fine and nothing was missing. But after exiting and coming back 2-3 days later, I noticed that both the Profaned crags and the Underworld yellow ores are missing. When I tried to get to the crags originally, All it had was a huge chunk of unloaded territory. Here's a screencap;

View attachment 183610

Just literally nothing there. (Sorry if the cap is too big, I have no idea to decrease the size of it. I'll edit it smaller if I find out.)

Upon creating a second world and travelling to the underworld, Everything was fine and the profaned crags and all that jazz was still there.

It was then that I noticed that on my main world, not only did the underworld yellow ores dissapear, ALL the modded ores in the world dissapeared, and the only way I'm able to get them is either through that second world, or through the enemies such as the Cryonic/Aeralite slimes.

Can anybody explain why this happened, and if this has happened to anyone else?
Disable Steam cloud saves. They delete modded blocks.

My favorite thing about this mod is the Zerg Potion. Whenever I need money I go onto another, untouched world, plop down a box of hellstone around me, and use a Zerg potion, a Battle Potion, and a War Potion (the last from Reduced Grinding) with a lucky coin equipped and a stardust dragon out.
Last time, I had no money. Using CS vacuum feature, when the night ended I had 46 platinum, 48 gold, 52 silver, 79 copper, as well as 29 flying piggy troughs, and an outstanding 54 new zombie banners. And miscellanious detrius that I trashed.
It almost lets me reforge my cosmic discharge a whole 50 times. Here's hoping ONE of them is good @_@

Back
Top Bottom