tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Good Lord!
This is REALLY big mod!
I of course will play with this awesome mod! but after i finish vanilla Terraria (All achievement and become "God").
But until there, here is my support! :D
You're in for one hell of a ride.
I would also suggest Fargo's and Thorium to partner up with it.

Fargo, yes, Thorium, no, they have different balance systems and you don't really use the Thorium gear as a result, instead, you want mods that have a similar balance system to keep things as fun and interesting as possible, though Thorium is a good mod also, it is not a good mod to pair with Calamity, my advice would be to add Good Luck Have Fun mod along with Death Mode, it is the extremist mode, Good Luck Have Fun mod adds to vanilla bosses even more, and it multiplies all enemy stats by 1.5, also, for anyone who takes this challenge, I wish you the best of luck

Fargo, yes, Thorium, no, they have different balance systems and you don't really use the Thorium gear as a result, instead, you want mods that have a similar balance system to keep things as fun and interesting as possible, though Thorium is a good mod also, it is not a good mod to pair with Calamity, my advice would be to add Good Luck Have Fun mod along with Death Mode, it is the extremist mode, Good Luck Have Fun mod adds to vanilla bosses even more, and it multiplies all enemy stats by 1.5, also, for anyone who takes this challenge, I wish you the best of luck
Not entirely true. Some of the Throuim gear helped me out around the Moon Lord level. Especially the Dread Armor set.

If anyone knows the hit caps for Scal, reply them to me.
I guess then I can figure out why I always get :red:ed by her.
[doublepost=1511392296,1511392148][/doublepost]
Dont forget the Joost Mod! That mod has a fishing pole that shoots 20 lures, so you a quest fish is almost completely guaranteed.

If anyone knows the hit caps for Scal, reply them to me.
I guess then I can figure out why I always get :red:ed by her.
[doublepost=1511392296,1511392148][/doublepost]
Dont forget the Joost Mod! That mod has a fishing pole that shoots 20 lures, so you a quest fish is almost completely guaranteed.
20 Lures????

Elaborate please.

I'd like to echo some of the complaints about the 'anti-cheat' measures. I'm using about 12 different mods playing multiplayer with my significant other and supreme calamitas is instantly killing either of us with one hit and NO death message. at one point it killed us and made a comment about not doing enough damage. we took off a bunch of damage reducing accessories from other mods after reading the wiki, and made it through a few minutes of 'legit' fight. we eventually died, but it seemed like a normal fight.

After we died in that 'legit' fight though, that's when things started getting 'funky'. Now, we are each randomly dying with no death message while in our castle. No calamitas is summoned, neither of us are near any monsters, we're just randomly dying every few minutes, with no death message. I re-started the terraria server, and it's still happening without having summoned calamitas.

Our world has become unplayable because we can't do anything for more than 3 minutes without dying for literally no reason, even though I've never re-summoned SC since that last 'legit' fight and the random no-message deaths afterwards.

I get that you want to provide a challenge, but your 'anti-cheat' measures are somehow bugged and broke my game. we've put 200 hours on these characters and now can't do anything with them. I feel like people should be able to play a game whatever way they want. If the player wants to be challenged, then they can take off gear, we've done that plenty when some bosses ended up being pushovers (the boss list mod might've been a bit out-of-order), but imposing a broken instant-death mechanic seems like a bad idea.

I don't care if I can never fight SC, we were having fun being challenged by the devourer of gods, yharon, and solar eclipses with increased spawn rates, but we can't even do that now. How can I fix this? Can you release an alternate version of the mod without the anti-cheat mechanic or somehow make it optional so it can be turned off when it breaks games???

Supreme calamitas has an anti-cheat mechanic. If it doesn't do enough damage to you for example it will instantly kill you. The wiki cites:

Supreme Calamitas has an anti-cheat mechanic that activates if the player either survives more than thirty hits over the course of a single fight or takes less than 20 damage in a single blow from any of Supreme Calamitas' attacks. The player instantly dies in the case of either scenario. This is to discourage the use of powerful equipment from other mods to trivialize the fight. With the Flesh Totem equipped, the damage threshold is lowered to 10.

https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Supreme_Calamitas

I have some mods that have allowed me to stack up quite a bit of damage reduction and armor, and had just crafted a new set before calamitas, and apparently it had enough reduction so I took 1 damage from something and was instantly killed. Now I'm getting instantly killed without warning just from walking around in my castle.

even after removing my damage reduction items and reducing my armor, i still die in 1 hit, but there is no death message.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's the calamity mod, because this has only started occurring after I summoned SC and no other mods impose any kind of instant-death mechanic that I'm aware of.

Edit2: overall I LOVE the calamity mod, I put 200 hours on it a few months ago with my significant other, but wanted to play the updated version. we started fresh, but with more mods (I upgraded my computer since then so we could handle more mods). everything went beautiful, no issues at all, until SC. I'd still like to try to fight, I've tried taking off all of my non-calamity and non-vanilla items, but i'm still just randomly dying...

Last edited:
Supreme calamitas has an anti-cheat mechanic. If it doesn't do enough damage to you for example it will instantly kill you. The wiki cites:

Supreme Calamitas has an anti-cheat mechanic that activates if the player either survives more than thirty hits over the course of a single fight or takes less than 20 damage in a single blow from any of Supreme Calamitas' attacks. The player instantly dies in the case of either scenario. This is to discourage the use of powerful equipment from other mods to trivialize the fight. With the Flesh Totem equipped, the damage threshold is lowered to 10.

https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Supreme_Calamitas

I have some mods that have allowed me to stack up quite a bit of damage reduction and armor, and had just crafted a new set before calamitas, and apparently it had enough reduction so I took 1 damage from something and was instantly killed. Now I'm getting instantly killed without warning just from walking around in my castle.

even after removing my damage reduction items and reducing my armor, i still die in 1 hit, but there is no death message.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's the calamity mod, because this has only started occurring after I summoned SC and no other mods impose any kind of instant-death mechanic that I'm aware of.

Edit2: overall I LOVE the calamity mod, I put 200 hours on it a few months ago with my significant other, but wanted to play the updated version. we started fresh, but with more mods (I upgraded my computer since then so we could handle more mods). everything went beautiful, no issues at all, until SC. I'd still like to try to fight, I've tried taking off all of my non-calamity and non-vanilla items, but i'm still just randomly dying...

Multiplayer is known to be pretty buggy. Just saying.

Honestly, why have an anti-cheat? I know it says so the fight isn't trivialized but once the player breaks an arbitrary threshold that probably shouldn't have existed in the first place they get one shoted? Keep in mind the player was A. cheating to get the item in the first place and likely doesn't care or B. worked hard for those items which now are completely undercut because "you weren't supposed to use that" wasting many hours of their time.

I love this mod don't get me wrong, but I frankly think this was a terrible way to handle high power players.

yeah... it is kinda dumb... I want to try and play with a bunch of mods and 5 friends, focusing around Calamity, Thorium, Tremor, and Spirit, all in the name of fun, but if this anti-cheat issue pops up, well... it will not end well...
Speaking of which, anyone have any other suggestions for mods to add? I have a pretty beefy computer and so do they, so I'm not worried about lag or anything like that, I just want a bunch of fun mods that can add to the game, each of us are going to play as different classes, warrior, archer, gunslinger, mage, summoner, and thrower, I should mention in case there are any class specific mods that are recommended, thanks

can I get some help with the mod I have tmodloader 0.8.3.5 and what to find calamity for this version without having to update
Sorry, but as far as I'm aware, you HAVE to update TModLoader by reinstalling it on the TModLoader forum page before you can update your mods, the version you're using makes it impossible for Calamity (and many other up-to-date mods) from working, just update your TModLoader version, which will also allow your Terraria game to be updated to 1.3.5

Back
Top Bottom