tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I'd like to report a possible bug.

When you equip Draedron's Heart while wearing a Demonshade Breastplate (or vice versa), neither the heart nor the breastplate provide the expected health regeneration and the heart does not provide +100 defense. The regeneration kicks in soon as you unequip one of them.

Video demonstration: https://youtu.be/m40dnwqEZl4

Calamity v1.2.3.4
Terraria v1.3.5.2
tModLoader v0.10.1

And most importantly: Have a nice day! :)

ok, here's the real problem with this anti-cheat system, RPG Mods, you have any idea how much damage and defense you get from those? you would have to practically take your armor off to counteract it, and nobody wants that, a anti-cheat mechanic isn't needed, and it is only upsetting others
I reached level 70 just to see how insane it could get, and my defense WITHOUT armor is over 100!

Agreed.

Honestly, the whole anti-cheesing thing just needs to be let go. The power should be put into the hands of the player and not just assume their cheating out the gate just for lulz.

The only experience being ruined if players cheese it, is their own experience. But if you try and pidgeonhole them, it only pisses people off and has them go around, finding something else to alleviate it. This encourages people to make mods that modify the mod (Calamity in this case) to tell that mechanism to piss off.

Another thing, the wiki states god mode is instantly punished. In retalioation, those god modes are now punishing this mod for not allowing player freedom, because they've worked around that issue.

You see, at this point it's a never-ending cycle where mods are just going to one-up each other. Just let the players do what they want! That way this doesn't ruin the experience for everyone, it only ruins it for those who want to play dirty.

well said my friend, this anti-cheat component is stupid, at the end of every play through, I like taking the end game weapons and armor and putting it against bosses I hated fighting due to difficulty just so I can smash it up effortlessly, that's fun to some people, after beating a boss legitimately, I want to just play with the boss afterwards, perhaps try and get the trophy

well said my friend, this anti-cheat component is stupid
Let's keep the criticism polite please. The rest of your message had constructive criticism, however calling a component of the mod 'stupid' isn't very courteous. A reminder that you're talking about another member's hard work. Disagree with it, fine, but please do it in a polite way.

So does the Devourer of Gods have an actual name? We know the names of several other very important characters, from Braelor and Statis all the way up to Calamitas and Yharim himself. So why do we only know what is arguably the most popular boss character by title only?

Is the Devourer of Gods supposed to make my speed as if I didn't have my Seraph Tracers equipped? Because I've seen many videos where people could actually dodge his attacks because they didn't move at 25 mph.

Speaking of speed and the DoG, there seems to be a lingering speed cut caused by the fight, that specifically shows up once you respawn. I have to quit out of the world and re-enter for my movement to return to normal; no other combination of swapping accessories around does anything. It's not really messing with my dodging too much (at least that I can tell), but it is really annoying to be stuck at a comparative snail's pace to how you can move by Seraph tier for the rest of the remaining session, or alternatively exit and re-enter the world after every single failed DoG attempt.

Now granted, this is in multiplayer, and I know multiplayer can be extremely screwy (especially with this mod), but on the off chance it's not a multiplayer-exclusive issue, I thought I should bring it up.

HI, guys
so there is this update which came out 3 hours ago and i would like to know, is there any way we can know what has been updated? like an update log? because i can't find one ^^

HI, guys
so there is this update which came out 3 hours ago and i would like to know, is there any way we can know what has been updated? like an update log? because i can't find one ^^
If the #changelogs channel on the Discord is anything to go by...
Code:
1.2.3.005 Feature: 
1 - Made Storm Weaver's second phase always chase the player in Death Mode. 
2 - Made Storm Weaver shorter in Death Mode to prevent it from taking as much damage from multiple segment hits. 
3 - Made Bumblebirb charge far more often in Death Mode and spawn more birbs without having to land. 
4 - Made Death Mode boss progression checks for the Boss Checklist. 
5 - Changed Providence attack pattern in Death Mode. 
6 - Changed Yharon attack pattern in Death Mode. 
7 - Reduced the amount of flaming skulls SCal creates in the final bullet hell.
8 - Changed Astrum Deus on Death Mode. 
9 - Nerfed Dank Creepers and Blood Clots. 
10 - Nerfed Wulfrum enemy HP so that the armor is more easily accessed early on. <MIddle finger> the early game for being so slow. 
11 - Added Wulfrum Pickaxe which mines much faster than the copper pick but with the same pickaxe power. 
12 - Reaver Shark can now be swung if the Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu are beaten instead of Skeletron on Revengeance Mode. 
13 - Boosted Flare Bolt damage. 
14 - Buffed Lacerator base damage. 
15 - Made Cosmilamp minions faster. 
16 - Boosted Eater of Worlds head damage on Death Mode. 
17 - Made BoC spawn more creepers in phase 2 and made creepers more aggressive in Death Mode. 
18 - Made Destroyer larger in Death Mode. 
19 - Made Destroyer Probes tougher in Death Mode. 
20 - Destroyer can now fire lasers that don't collide with tiles if a tile is between the body and the player on Revengeance Mode and Death Mode.
21 - Made the Twins go into their second phases much earlier on Death Mode. 
22 - Made Skeletron Prime do something new if his laser is killed on Death Mode. 
23 - Lowered the HP of Prime's Laser on Death Mode. 
24 - Lowered the damage of fungicide's split projectiles. 
25 - Perforator Hive now spams blood clots on Death Mode that go through tiles. 
26 - Added recipe for the Frog Leg to avoid fishing.

oh thx guys, i'm actually not on the discord since i'm uneasy with talking english you know... i'm french so my accent is kinda crappy

Could future change logs be posted here? Having to check the Discord server is a bit out of the way. Also Death Mode bosses clutter up the Boss Checklist if you're not on the proper mode to fight them.

On my melee play through, I must of died against Yharon so many times. I simply cannot figure out how to beat him. I have a little over 1k HP, around 100 defense God Slayer Armor, some damage boosting accessories, the Supersonic Soul (with super speed off) and flight soul from Fargo's Mutant Mod, and I still can't outpace Yharon. He hits for over half a thousand HP and has almost 4 million HP. Any legit defense is probably useless since you get hit so hard. I'm on an expert world and not in Revengeance Mode. At most I can get him down to around half HP and he gets even harder by then. I've seen videos of him beaten before (by a mage), but he had a lot less HP back then. I guess melee really struggles here since swords won't do their full DPS without being close to him and that's basically a death wish. I feel if I were a mage it would be easier since that class tends to be very powerful in general. Supreme Calamitas must be absolutely brutal by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom