tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
From a very quick test to try out the music boxes, they all have the same sprites when placed on the ground. I take it the other songs are just a matter of the sprites being made for the music boxes? I do look forward to this. Also the accessories to transform into waifu sirens sounds like fun.

Yeah, on the discord I'm asking for music box sprites because they were messed up when they were given to me.

I just wanted to get this version out with the placeholder sprites because I was getting a little impatient.

Did you use the special life fruits? Also, what's your armor/accessories?
No fruits yet. Was using the moon lord Vortex armor (eventually switched to Thorium Ragnarok ranged set, better stats, same problem). Accessories were, I think, Elsyian Aegis, Ankh Shield, Angel Treads, Worm Scarf, Force of Life, Warding Affliction, though I've also tried with a wide variety of others (ex. Cross Necklace for iframes, Palladium Enchantment for heals, Gunner class token from ExperienceandClasses, etc), all reforged to Warding because I suck at dodging and defense is fun.

I don't THINK the problem is my gear - I beat the bosses with equal or worse stuff last time - but that... according to wiki, on Normal difficulty, DoG segment damage is 250 on normal, 500 on expert. I'm playing normal, and with all defensive potions up I think I have something like 30% damage reduction, ~160-180 defense depending on gear setup - and his segments STILL instantly kill me when I touch them. On Normal. With 801 HP, 195 defense currently if I really push the defense totals with ALL the potions/Warding def boosting stuff I can find. Cross Necklace doesn't help. Even in the Providence and Profaned Core battles, with the Cores doing (again, according to wiki) ~95-140 contact damage and Providence herself only doing 110, I still get gibbed.

Pre-post edit: I spent a while switching all the gear I had in and out individually, running 1 accessory at a time. It seems that the Force of Life accessory from Fargo's mod may have been the cause, without it equipped I actually survive a lot better. I know it didn't have any negative effect last time, maybe he changed something? I'll look into it, sorry for wasting your time, I think I was too focused on "I'm doing everything similarly, why am I having different results?"

Still not sure why that accessory only seems to interact negatively with Calamity bosses though.

Changelog for 1.2.3.006:
Code:
1 - Made Yharon's Infernadoes (the big ones) for sure never hit the player when they spawn.
2 - Fixed Cloud Elemental animation.
3 - Added Cryogen, Calamitas, and DoG phase 1 music boxes.
4 - Added Desert Scourge theme.
5 - Made Yharon's second AI phase despawn more quickly when the player is dead.
6 - Added blue and green Siren transformation accessories.
7 - Modified the Slime God fight slightly to fix a bug where it sometimes would not split up.
8 - Made Death Mode Slime God more interesting.
9 - Slowed down the Slime God Core so it's not so stupidly annoying.
10 - Added Leviathan baby pet.
This update came out just now, but I dunno when it’s being posted to the thread. I’m hopefully not doing something wrong here.
Thanks for posting in topic!

Last edited:
okay so i have a couple of bugs to report

1. the bloodletting essence item's..uh mouse over box? is a very large rectangle compared to normal items.
Example of this is in the screenshot.

2. an interesting thing happened, while i was fighting the plaguebringer goliath in the jungle it randomly despawned. The oddest part is when after it left, it's missles where still coming and shooting at me along with the screen still being green. Once I left the jungle (i.e. magic mirrored out) the screen returned to normal.

Attachments

• 20171120020820_1.jpg
    20171120020820_1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 503
okay so i have a couple of bugs to report

1. the bloodletting essence item's..uh mouse over box? is a very large rectangle compared to normal items.
Example of this is in the screenshot.

2. an interesting thing happened, while i was fighting the plaguebringer goliath in the jungle it randomly despawned. The oddest part is when after it left, it's missles where still coming and shooting at me along with the screen still being green. Once I left the jungle (i.e. magic mirrored out) the screen returned to normal.
I wonder if that is because it has the properties of a floating item like ectoplasm in it's code, but isn't completely treated that way, so it probably confused the game and had it's hitbox where it dropped.

This mod is outstanding! This just makes the game give it that extra "oomph" with Expert + Revengeance, and even Death Mode! I'm not going to lie, this mod makes the gameplay definitely change, especially with Thorium. It teaches you to prepare yourself ahead of time instead of jumping right in.

Oh wow, how long was I unconscious? Here's a music update:
Wanted to make something introductory and not too pressurized like you'd hear for Devourer of Gods or something else. Hoping this track will ease the listener into their first Calamity victory.
I have a problem with this. When I fight the Desert Scourge, instead of its theme, the Eater of World's music comes on. Do you know how to fix it?

So, I've been playing with this mod and others for a while now. I just updated all the mods today, and it randomly switched to Revengeance mode. The world is a normal world, so it shouldn't have revengeance mode as an option anyways. I made a new normal world, and everything is normal, which is odd. On expert worlds, however, my character is in revengeance mode still. I guess I used the revengeance in an expert world, but it doesn't explain why it's like that on a normal world. (It switched to Revengeance mode after I updated. I haven't updated Calamity since late July 2017.)

4 screenshots:

From my Normal, main world: https://gyazo.com/17445c2910950c12a1879b2bf828a6d1

From a different, but also Normal world: https://gyazo.com/d314d33dc131ae8b231f66b600637459

From an actual Expert world: https://gyazo.com/ed1bf0de3627d14a0f40586879eeff3a

My worlds: https://gyazo.com/d314d33dc131ae8b231f66b600637459 (Top world is my main world. Also disregard the name, it was an inside joke.)

My friend who has never used the Revengeance is also having this issue. (Him and I are playing through together on the same world that's having these problems.)

Back
Top Bottom