tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Yeah I actually say that the DoG summons "Another Worm Boss". No harm in bending the truth as long as you're not lying ;)
And the source file for Bumblebirb is actually called "Bumble:red:". Without the censorship. I'm sorry but the mod is probably not getting more child-friendly... And I would just advise you to not fight bosses while your parents are watching... The last time my parents watched me fight a boss was when I fought Eye of Cthulhu back in 1.1. Good times.
Well at least not DoG

Also it automatically censors swear words on this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand your complaints, but the choice to download a mod is up to the children and the parents. It's not like it's in game and must be censored because of the wide audience. Many seven year olds probably don't even know about mods in Terraria. Plus, with most young children, many references may go straight over their heads.
I doubt that children go digging around in source files either.

The game itself is rated T for ages 13 and up so a mod keeping in spirit with that shouldn't be anything unusual. So little kids are not the target audience. I'm not saying they shouldn't play the game, but it shouldn't be crated to them either. Besides, any innuendos will go right over there heads. Is this all over "Cosmic Worm"? I have a pretty dirty mind and even that's very far reaching, like I would have never saw anything beyond the face value of the name itself.

And I would just advise you to not fight bosses while your parents are watching... The last time my parents watched me fight a boss was when I fought Eye of Cthulhu back in 1.1. Good times.
I can relate. I remember one time my mom saw me looking at the wiki's boss list. When she took a look at the leviathan, she absolutely snapped. My mom started complaining why a creature named after a biblical dragon was in a video game.(She really doesn't like anything mentioned in the bible appearing in media.) And yes, that's how I almost perma banned from Calamity Terraria. Not because of the demonic eyeball who dried up oceans and destroyed civilizations. Not because of the worm who has a questioningly named summon item and slaughtered countless gods. Not because of the tyrant who is responsible for all the crap in the lore.
A. Giant. Fish.(And yes, she did think the levi in this game was a dragon, which is a whole different problem for her.)

Again, as @TheLoneGamer stated, Terraria should be aimed toward more mature audiences. Hell, in the vanilla game they have naked girls attacking you and a literal giant wall composed of blood flesh. While I often see kids playing increasingly violent games such as GTA, parents should accept the responsibility of allowing their child to get the game and download mods for it. You don't have to change the entire mod because it may seem inappropriate, you just have to have your parents see if they think the mod is too violent or may offend their views.

Pity how most of the stuff in this mod is ok but there are dark stuff in it
Cal's and Yharim's parents dieing horrible deaths, Devourer's race going extinct, Yharon attempted to be killed before his/her birth, oceans drying up, hell itself being incinerated, a mage inprisoned by his own magic... Yep. Not a very uplifting game.
But the bosses still put up amazing fights. Even if they faced some sort of trauma, according to the lore.

Indeed, Ohaxer, indeed....

Maybe one day we'll be able to purge this world of toxicity, too bad there's no clentaminator solution for that.

Sorry if this isnt the place to ask questions, but I have one.
If you start a new world without the calamity mod, and then enable the calamity mod, would all the added tiles and other calamity objects be added to the world?

Sorry if this isnt the place to ask questions, but I have one.
If you start a new world without the calamity mod, and then enable the calamity mod, would all the added tiles and other calamity objects be added to the world?
No. None of the world generation stuff would be added if you create a new world without Calamity enabled. I know older versions of Calamity had an item to generate its new biome, but I don't know if that exists in newer versions.

The author, how about adding animation weapons to the Overhaul mod? I play together with the overhaul mod and the weapons from Calamity are much inferior to the development of weapons from Overhall. (At least make a display of weapons in hand). Calamity is a very good mod, but I would like to have a weapon like in Overhaul :)
With reloading, displaying in the hands, animations, with a jolting screen and so that, with Overhaul installed, it was possible to set fire to the grass with some weapons.

Again, as @TheLoneGamer stated, Terraria should be aimed toward more mature audiences. Hell, in the vanilla game they have naked girls attacking you and a literal giant wall composed of blood flesh. While I often see kids playing increasingly violent games such as GTA, parents should accept the responsibility of allowing their child to get the game and download mods for it. You don't have to change the entire mod because it may seem inappropriate, you just have to have your parents see if they think the mod is too violent or may offend their views.
plenty of kids play terraria, and outside of the america its PG
[doublepost=1517101992,1517101896][/doublepost]
Is this all over "Cosmic Worm"?.
no the worm boss the devourer of gods summons
EDIT: im okay with the lore itself, since most kids dont care about lore and thats not present in game (minus some minor references)

plenty of kids play terraria, and outside of the america its PG
The blame should not lie on the creator of the mod, it should lie on the parents allowing kids to get the mod in the first place. Change is not required if a parent is too lazy to see if the mod is appropriate. And really, this applies to the entire game of Terraria as well. PG stands for parental guidance, so maybe that hints at parents actually LOOKING at the game and seeing if it's appropriate for their child.

Back
Top Bottom