tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
dear calamity mod creators: I'm not sure if you'll ever read this but i'm going to do it anyway, this mod is an amazing mod and all the items, enemies and equipment it adds are all amazing, but I only have one tiny problem when it comes to getting a rare item known as the fetid essence, there's no bugs in it, it's just that it's a really small chance for the devourer to spawn, and an even smaller chance for the fetid essence to drop on it's defeat, I am basically asking that you make a way to slightly increase the chance of getting the fetid essence, preferably by making it so that the devourer isn't the only enemy that drops it

Hey guys, just updated the mod to check out the biomes in a fresh, small world and uh, this happened
AiHsXCt.jpg
I wonder if the most dangerous mobs are helpless now that theres no water in the abyss now?
[doublepost=1521649430,1521649293][/doublepost]
WELP
Atleast now you can fish in the underworld...yay...
if you mean normal fishes yes but temporally, the underworld its too hot that the water eventually will eveporate in a few minutes, its like minecraft you cant bring water to the nether.

Fighting the expert devourer of gods and i keep dying! Died 34 times already. His first phase is easy to deal and because i have every buff from zerg potion bloodflare armor farming and the flesh totem, his head dosent do TO much and i quickly heal back up, also he is easy to dodge, i rarely even get hit . The thing that always kills me is his completely op and nigh impossible to dodge laser wall spam! It deals more damage then the head. I try to go over them but not fast enough, tried to teleport past them but they are so frquent that the rod of discord kills you from overuse. Trying to go between them with such a small gap while moving at high speeds, going full flappy bird trying to fly straight as to try to fit through, dodging him, and dodging his homing lasers is beyond impossible unless you have the kind of dodging skill you would need to no-hit deathmode supreme calamitas! why is sush a vital boss that you need to kill many times to craft practically anything post pholterghast so insanely difficult to even beat once, let alone 7-10 times. Even with every buff, terragon, rocket 4 blissful bombardment, astral arcanum, heart of waifu, asgis, searph tracers, ambrosia, flesh totem, and yharim insignia, the laser wall kill me in seconds no matter how hard i try to dodge them, they do so much that and are spammed so often that even if you dodge them 60% of the time from sheer luck, mess up just 5 times and you are dead. Sry for it sounding slightly ranty, this boss has made me so mad that my head is throbing along with pain behind my eyes.

Last edited:
Slime god signature ftw, Good side of the Abyss, the hell is extinguished and you are able to freely swim around! The bad side, you need to refill the ocean back with sulfuric water XD

Only one question.
Thorium + calamity here.
How does the abyss interacts with the aquatic depths?
They have nothing to do with eachother.
Fighting the expert devourer of gods and i keep dying! Died 34 times already. His first phase is easy to deal and because i have every buff from zerg potion bloodflare armor farming and the flesh totem, his head dosent do TO much and i quickly heal back up, also he is easy to dodge, i rarely even get hit . The thing that always kills me is his completely op and nigh impossible to dodge laser wall spam! It deals more damage then the head. I try to go over them but not fast enough, tried to teleport past them but they are so frquent that the rod of discord kills you from overuse. Trying to go between them with such a small gap while moving at high speeds, going full flappy bird trying to fly straight as to try to fit through, dodging him, and dodging his homing lasers is beyond impossible unless you have the kind of dodging skill you would need to no-hit deathmode supreme calamitas! why is sush a vital boss that you need to kill many times to craft practically anything post pholterghast so insanely difficult to even beat once, let alone 7-10 times. Even with every buff, terragon, rocket 4 blissful bombardment, astral arcanum, heart of waifu, asgis, searph tracers, ambrosia, flesh totem, and yharim insignia, the laser wall kill me in seconds no matter how hard i try to dodge them, they do so much that and are spammed so often that even if you dodge them 60% of the time from sheer luck, mess up just 5 times and you are dead. Sry for it sounding slightly ranty, this boss has made me so mad that my head is throbing along with pain behind my eyes.
Well, the thing for those walls is jumping between them while running without looking back. BUT don't do the Flappy Bird or anything else, only small gaps. And, of course, it's very possible that some wall may hit you because in that moment you are flying or whatever. If you can, try not to fly: when DoG is in his flying mode, just attack while running (of course) and in his ground mode, make him go under the platform you use so he won't bother you.

They have nothing to do with eachother.

Well, the thing for those walls is jumping between them while running without looking back. BUT don't do the Flappy Bird or anything else, only small gaps. And, of course, it's very possible that some wall may hit you because in that moment you are flying or whatever. If you can, try not to fly: when DoG is in his flying mode, just attack while running (of course) and in his ground mode, make him go under the platform you use so he won't bother you.
Wings dont fly straight, to jump through them, you have to go straight to avoid touching the laser, since wings go up and down but dont hover, you have to act like you would in flappy bird and constantly tap space to to try to not fall on a laser but also not to fly up into one. just trying to jump dosent work, sometimes there is a laser just on the platform and so you cant simply walk but if you jump, you hit the laser above it, so you have to try to fly over the laser above it because you cant jump, this is the wall of moving laser that come in the final phase, avoiding him in the first phase is easy and same with the final phase, it just the laser wall that i cant avoid. They also make it harder to avoid DOG and his orb of homing lasers he also spawns, sometimes a jump will get you through the wall, sometimes simply walking will get you through but then there are times where one is right on the platform so you cant walk and the one above it is right in the way of were you jump so you must go over it with wings. Also since they appear right in front of you while you are moving forward, it gives you little time to react.

Last edited:
umm yes hello i would like to file a complaint about the lead developer fabsol.

due to me criticizing the abyss in a different server with fab, they blocked me and left. when i joined the calamari high discord, everything was good until fab found me and banned me from there too for criticizing the abyss in a completely different server. (at least thats what i think happened, and is what most likely happened. i was taking a nap at the time due to my horrible cold.) i would like to request an unban and for fab to be de-opped so they will not be able to do this to other people like me that didnt like how the abyss was just a straight-up rectangle with holes in the side and islands in the middle.

So I have a question. According to calamity mod gamepedia reaching 3rd layer of abyss causes player's vision to darken and when i reached 3rd layer (because there were reapers and eidolon wyrms spawning there) I didn't see any changes in my vision. Is it a glitch or it doesn't happen until I get to hardmode (I'm in pre-hardmode right now)? Also there weren't any abyssal amulets in all and only 11 shadow chests there were along the way and it's the only way to craft lumenous amulet which would negate this darkness I should supposedely get on 3rd layer.

So I have a question. According to calamity mod gamepedia reaching 3rd layer of abyss causes player's vision to darken and when i reached 3rd layer (because there were reapers and eidolon wyrms spawning there) I didn't see any changes in my vision. Is it a glitch or it doesn't happen until I get to hardmode (I'm in pre-hardmode right now)? Also there weren't any abyssal amulets in all and only 11 shadow chests there were along the way and it's the only way to craft lumenous amulet which would negate this darkness I should supposedely get on 3rd layer.
Well... Maybe it's not exactly where the 3rd layer starts, but a bit lower. I think, idk tbh

Well... Maybe it's not exactly where the 3rd layer starts, but a bit lower. I think, idk tbh
Update: Few minutes after I posted my comment (about darkness issue) I reached the very bottom of abyss in pre-hardmode and still my vision didn't darken. I will defeat WoF tomorrow and I will post if anything changed. And if it changed I'm going to create a new world without deleting my main world just to get that abyss amulet.

umm yes hello i would like to file a complaint about the lead developer fabsol.

due to me criticizing the abyss in a different server with fab, they blocked me and left. when i joined the calamari high discord, everything was good until fab found me and banned me from there too for criticizing the abyss in a completely different server. (at least thats what i think happened, and is what most likely happened. i was taking a nap at the time due to my horrible cold.) i would like to request an unban and for fab to be de-opped so they will not be able to do this to other people like me that didnt like how the abyss was just a straight-up rectangle with holes in the side and islands in the middle.
I'm with you here, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom